1.    #1  
    Just got my 700p. Have to say, I am thinking of going back to the 650. It hangs sometimes, PTunes is messed up, Verichat doesn't work right. These are the things that are important to me, and the 650 was doing fine. Plus, no EVDO in my area yet. Would be nice when traveling, but thinking maybe I ought to wait until these bugs are worked out.

So, question is, what do I need to do to safely revert back to my 650? Run the 650 install disk? I renamed my backup folder from the 650 and did a clean install. What's going to happen with the updated Docs to Go that was installed? Is that a freebie now?

Anyone?
  2.    #2  
    Bump! Anyone? Someone out there must have done this.
    I have EVDO in my area and I still went back. The 700p is just so much slower and the battery life is worse. Not being able to listen to ptunes in the background without skipping on the 700p was a big deal.

Docs2Go was always a freebie. It's on your 650 software CD.
  4.    #4  
    But how did you do it? Do I need to reinstall the 650 software off the disk or can I just synch over the desktop that came with the 700p? That's my question. Don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    But how did you do it? Do I need to reinstall the 650 software off the disk or can I just synch over the desktop that came with the 700p? That's my question. Don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.
    It has to come off the 650's OEM CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It has to come off the 650's OEM CD.
    No, it doesn't. Palm has a newer version on their website for download.
    I did the same thing and all I did was chang my old backup folder back to what it was called and then renamed the new one and it worked fine. I still have the palm desktop from the 700p loaded and it syncs fine. it is actually the same version number as the one from the 650 if you look at help/about.
  8.    #8  
    Ok--so the Hotsync software doesn't need to be switched over? I thought it was different for some reason.
  9.    #9  
    Just did the deed, too. Back to my trusty 650, at least for now. I'm going to hold on to the 700 until next week to see if any solutions arise. Otherwise, I'm returning it, going back to my old plan, and will take a wait and see approach on future upgrades. No more will I be the first in line!