1.    #1  
    Is there anything out there, such as Lightwav or Kool Alarms used to be, that will allow me to play mp3's as the calendar alert sound? I've poked around, and even tried an old version of Lightwav but haven't had any success yet.
  2.    #2  
    ...bump...
    It's not exactly what you're asking for, but Palmary Clock supports the use of mp3's as sounds for alarms set within the Palmary Clock application. Yes I know that's different than changing the alarm sounds that the Palm Calendar application uses, but I find it very useful nonetheless. Works great on the 650, but Palmary's website doesn't say whether 700p is supported yet or not. (I really like the Palmary Clock application although I wish there were a really good digital clock skin.)
  4.    #4  
    Hey, I guess I wasn't too clear. I actually use datebk5 as my calendar app, so those are the alarms I'd like to use mp3s for. I may take a look at Palmary Clock too, though. Thanks for the info.
    I think KoolSounds by Toysoft does this. Other alternative is to convert to wav, email them to yourself on your Treo and then save them and they will be added to your sounds in RAM that you can choose from
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I think KoolSounds by Toysoft does this. Other alternative is to convert to wav, email them to yourself on your Treo and then save them and they will be added to your sounds in RAM that you can choose from
    Does this allow different appointments to have different sounds? It doesn't appear that it does. I can't believe there isn't something out there that will do this...I had this capability even back in the Treo 600 days.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    OK, I'm had SOME success with method 2. I've been able to get the wav to show up in the list of sounds. However, when I go to select it as an alert, it's not in the list. For ringers, it IS in the list of sounds available, but not for any other app. Any ideas?
    I'm using Palmary Clock on the 700p with no issue at all...

Looks really good - i love the new Calendar/Analog skin...
    -jscott
    i was also wondering if u can add a new sound under tasks, when u add a task u can add a alarm to it but it is a set number of sounds , not all the sounds that u can select for ringers, different sounds