Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Long time PDANet 600 user. As I understand, with EVDO, you can receive voice call while roaming on internet (including tethering). I have tested this with the hack and it works. However, for PDANet on 700p, all voice call go to message while you are on the internet.

Have anyone tested this out with PDANet? I hope they can allow voice call to ring and put the internet connection on hold.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Desn't work. It does not scroll.
    Try left-clicking on any text with your mouse and while the mouse button is still pressed, drag your mouse cursor past the southern edge of the window. I hope that helps.
    New to this proxy thing.. With PDANet, if you choose Proxy(Beta2) mode instead of dial up, you get a "PdaNet Proxy Launcher" pop up box. It has the explorer launcher and a box that says +Add which is to add some type of executable file. Can I just click on the explorer icon and be good to go in proxy mode or do I have to add something. Don't want PAM charges and am afraid of the charges that might be handed to me as an infrequent user. Please someone explain this to me in retard form.
    With as long as PDANet has been out, has anyone ever incurred any charges from their carrier?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I am still trying to get an answer to my question but Babel, I believe the rest of this thread carries alot of info on what the carriers are up to and how they can detect Phone as Modem usage. No one has really gotten their 700p bills yet to be able to notice anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    No one has really gotten their 700p bills yet to be able to notice anything.
    right, but this app has been around since the treo 600. So I was wondering if anyone has ever been charged for using the app. I know that the 700p is new but what about on the 650 or 600. Did they (Sprint/Verizon) ever find out on those models?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Never hit me but it was never fast enough for me to want to use it all the time. Now it would be a viable option.
    I have been using PDANet on my VZW 700P and my data usage has gone up significantly from previous months. triple-digit MB usage, versus low double-digit MB usage. Anyway, no charge on my last bill other than the standard data fee (Unlimited). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Fafafoooey; 06/26/2006 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    New to this proxy thing.. With PDANet, if you choose Proxy(Beta2) mode instead of dial up, you get a "PdaNet Proxy Launcher" pop up box. It has the explorer launcher and a box that says +Add which is to add some type of executable file. Can I just click on the explorer icon and be good to go in proxy mode or do I have to add something. Don't want PAM charges and am afraid of the charges that might be handed to me as an infrequent user. Please someone explain this to me in retard form.

Could someone please send me the Beta 2 (I have Beta 1), I want to play around with the other preview release...
    undefined
    Hi,
    Ok, I moved from the 650 to the 700p yesterday. All my apps moved over and I downloaded the PDANet for $19. When I use the "Proxy" mode, I have trouble with graphics drawing out.. especially on MSN. I get the little white boxes with the red X's. I switched back to the "dial-up" and everything seems to work fine and the speed is good. I'm at 2.4 mpbs now. I don't believe that I am in an EVDO area here.
    Can anyone tell me if I need to worry about trying to get back to the Proxy mode and how I would do it?
    I would also love to know where I can pick up some free ringtones. Did the 700p come with new sounds that my 650 overrode?

Thanks,
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Collins Hardware
    I've used pdanet for a few years on my 600 (Spring) and have been very satisfied. With my new 700p I decided to pay Verizon the $60/month and be legit. Seems to work fine except I'm only getting 150-250kbps "ish". These reports of 400, 600, 800 kbps seem way high. So far I've testing in Portland and downtown Denver. What gives? Anyone else "only" getting 150-250? Would pdanet be faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetieman
    Could someone please send me the Beta 2 (I have Beta 1), I want to play around with the other preview release...
    Someone's got to have Beta 2...
    Bluetieman:

Just download it from the june fabrics website.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Beta 2 is not available, only the 4.02 final release...
    Today I'm doing better in Boulder CO:

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-06-24 11:52:03 EST:
    612 / 114
    Your download speed : 612 kbps or 76.5 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 114 kbps or 14.2 KB/sec.

(!) .... so sometimes we can hit these numbers but what are everyone's AVERAGES?
    I have a Treo 700P with Verizon service...unlimited data plan. Will PDANet or USB modem work on mine? Which one is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    right, but this app has been around since the treo 600. So I was wondering if anyone has ever been charged for using the app. I know that the 700p is new but what about on the 650 or 600. Did they (Sprint/Verizon) ever find out on those models?
    I used it pretty regularly on my 650 over Christmas and throughout March/April when my hotel's "high-speed" wasn't. Never got charged.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Re. data usage charges - I just got my bill and was charged $78 for data usage. I have the hack installed plus use PDANet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Re. data usage charges - I just got my bill and was charged $78 for data usage. I have the hack installed plus use PDANet.
    Do you care to comment a bit more on this?

1) Do you have an idea of which solution you used during your sessions (hack or PDANet)?

2) Did you dispute the charges? If so, what was the result?

3) Do you have an unlimited data plan (Vision or Powervision)?

Thanks for your responses.
    Re. plans I have the $25 Power Vision plan. I first installed the hack. Then I've been using PDANet to connect mostly in dial-up mode but some in proxy mode. I just checked my Sprint bill this morning which ended Thursday and saw the charge. It just says Data Usage. I have not disputed it. We are on vacation in Hawaii right now so it's not high on my list of things to do. I know I won't use DUN anymore. I will probably just pay it. I knew there was a risk in doing it. Live and learn.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast