Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey, been a long time since I posted, but I am little concerned about the 700P working with my 06 TL. I upgraded to the 650 in 2004 and purchased my TL in November 05. Initially, I had some problems with pairing the phone to my automobile. However, of late, it has worked pretty good. Sometimes I get the initial "pop" when I make my first phone call, but otherwise it has performed well. My new 700p is scheduled for delivery this afternoon, so I will let you know what the results are when I try to pair it. Hopefully if there is a problem, a software update will be forthcoming this month.
    my 700p was getting worse so took it to the sprint store and showed it to the tech...it would initiate a call with the bluetooth, but the sound from the call was only on the phone speaker..not the car speaker...and you could only hang up the phone from the phone...not the steering wheel. I then did a soft reset with him in the car, and after the reboot it worked fine...that occurs for a day or so, and then it goes bad. He gave me a brand new 700P...he thought it was a hardware issue...I doubt it, but am trying the new one anyway. Something seems to have happened to the old one...it works fine at first...and then after a few days of use it goes bad. I am trying to do absolutely nothing but phone on the new treo to see if that works...I have not even checked email or used the camera (I believe using the camera might shut down bluetooth temporarily) or anything...if the bluetooth works for a full week, I will start trying a new function one at a time. I am trying to figure what I am doing that is changing the bluetooth connection and making it not work.

Has anyone had their Treo work without any problems at all on the Acura? I don't get any popping or other issues that people described from the 650...audio quality is good in the car...clear on the other end, although a little soft I have been told...but clear, and better than my previous bluetooth phone.
    i have not had any problems in my 05' TL only problem i have is when making outgoing calls i have to transfer manually to the HFL , on incoming calls it auto connects automatically, seems that you and Chita have some issues with yours, very weird. it did take me a few times to pair it tho, and after i did a soft reset it went fine.
  4.    #44  
    rick.... i have my new treo 700p now and this time it wont even connect to my car at all when im calling from the phonebook or my phone favorites... (i even tried telling the car to transfer and it doesnt do anything).... Palm really needs to get this issue figured out in their next patch.
    I had the 650 on Sprint and it worked flawlesly on my 05 TL. Now I have the 700w on Verizon and have had nothing but trouble with the HFL and the 700w. It worked fine initially for a few weeks but now I have to soft reset it daily (or more) if I want it to work correctly. Either the HFL will not detect the phone AT ALL or will after several minutes or longer. When this happens, I cannot make a call or use the steering wheel controls. When I do a soft reset, the HFL finds the phone fine and all works as it should. I'm really FRUSTRATED and thought of going back to Sprint and the 700P but it sounds like the 700p is having issues as well. I will try to deleted the profile on my TL and then re-add the 700 and see if that helps...
    I have been lurking on this thread, and was going to pick up a 700p from Sprint to replace my 650 (which is fine with the Acura TL 04 I have except the 1st call initiated fron the handset needs to be manually sent to the car.. after that its great) but now may wait.

Where I live, it is illegal to use a phone up to your ear, so if these issues are happening, I can not risk the $100 ticket.

Has anyone informed Palm or Sprint? I think if we type about itu and ASSUME they will fix it in an upgrade it will not get done.

We are s small amount of people in the grand scheme... Treo and Acura owners... so someone should really let them know if they want something done.

In the m eantime I stick with the 650.

Mike
    Hmmm .. now I'm starting to wonder about the 700p and my '05 Jeep Cherokee Limited with UConnect. Works great with my Cingular black razr.
    I have no problems with my 700 as stated the only problem is when you make the outbound call you ahave to manually transfer the call to the HFL , but i believe this will be fixed with a firmware update, same way it was fixed with the 650.
    ok ..... what is HFL?
    on the Acura TL its called the Hands Free Link , i guess in the Jeep is called UConnect
    okeedokey ... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79
    rick.... i have my new treo 700p now and this time it wont even connect to my car at all when im calling from the phonebook or my phone favorites... (i even tried telling the car to transfer and it doesnt do anything).... Palm really needs to get this issue figured out in their next patch.
    Huh. I paired the 700p without incident the day I got it several weeks ago. It's worked better than the 650 in all ways since then - I've never had an incident with it. The 650 used to pretty much randomly choose between phone & HFL when I made an outgoing call. The 700p always moves to phone, but the "Transfer" command works every time.

I'm suspecting this isn't a Palm bug. Have you tried completely clearing your Acura system (and not having it reset afterwards - HFL is pretty buggy too, you need to do a "System Clear" and have it not just reset, but actually tell you that it cleared for the system to actually be clear. Acura HFL often just resets when you do that, then the system doesn't really clear itself).
    Well, I received my 700p on the 7th, and it paired with my 06 TL on the first try. I made a test call and sound quality seemed just as good as my 650. I didn't use it again that day, however, the following day the HFL didn't seem to recognize my phone. I gave it the "next phone" command and it worked initially, but it disconnected frequently. I finally started to work after my 4th phone call. I am out of town, but we will see if it works when I return this evening. The one good thing is that it seemed to keep my phone book from my 650. If I remove the 650 from the phones that have been paired in the car, do you think it will also delete my phone book?
    O.K...so got a brand new 700P from the sprint store...worked great for three days....checked email finally and did some other stuff...still worked...went to my car today started up and no phone found....no symbol on the dash or anything. Tried next phone etc...but still couldn't find it. I then did a soft reset on the 700P and it rebooted and then everything worked perfectly. Tried it again a couple hours later and it is still working. I am not sure how often I will have to soft reset..but I am wondering what is happening that a soft reset is necessary to clear...the profile works fine when it works...but something seems to corrupt it. I did not try totally resetting my HFL...maybe I will try that command mentioned above..hate to have to reprogram in all my phone numbers...but if that would fix it, it is worth a try. I did try deleting the profile from both the phone and the car and then re - pairing the phone..that didn't make a difference.

If you do have the phone symbol on the dash then the menu-b command will transfer it to the car...works just like the transfer command used to work (transfer doesn't do it on this one) But if you don't have the phone symbol on the dash you have to do a soft reset to get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyNTreo600
    The one good thing is that it seemed to keep my phone book from my 650. If I remove the 650 from the phones that have been paired in the car, do you think it will also delete my phone book?

you can delete all the phones paired in the HFL and it will keep the phones , the phone book of the HFL is internal stored in the car it has nothing to do with the phone , so no matter what phone you pair , all your phone#'s will always be in the car.
    Acura700p your right i had problems pairing my phone but the phone seemed that when i did a phone list on the HFL i had paired the same treo like 5 times, so i had to make sure i deleted all the other phones ,wich in fact is the same 700p , and make sure i just added it once, i guess all those failed pairings were actually good and stored in the HFL , so after i deleted all of them and made sure the 700 was only paired once in the HFL i did a soft reset and now everything works perfectly
    Ok I did go for the 700p

Paired no problem.. works no problem.. except have to hit menu-B to send a call from the handset to the car.

I really wonder if this is a BIG or a FERATURE though. THhry added the menu-b which wasnt there before... maybe to avoid the car from picking up by itself? dunno... If they fix it, okl.. of not menu-b is easier than yelling transfer at the car 10 times.

The connection seems more solid with the 700...
    Just hoping my 700 pairs up with the Jeep as easy as my black razr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    Ok I did go for the 700p

Paired no problem.. works no problem.. except have to hit menu-B to send a call from the handset to the car.

I really wonder if this is a BIG or a FERATURE though. THhry added the menu-b which wasnt there before... maybe to avoid the car from picking up by itself? dunno... If they fix it, okl.. of not menu-b is easier than yelling transfer at the car 10 times.

The connection seems more solid with the 700...
    actually i like the opt+B feature it wasnt there on the 650 ,your right better than yelling at the car to transfer
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    actually i like the opt+B feature it wasnt there on the 650 ,your right better than yelling at the car to transfer

Yes... it ALWAYS took me at LEAST 2 times yelling TRANSFER while the person who already answered the phone wondered what I was doing...

It ALWAYS happene don the 1st call.

I wouldnt be surprised if this stays like this.. annoying, maybe... but mught be by design with the new menu-b
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast