1.    #1  
    First PDA phone and first time on the Sprint network. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

Is sending an email with a picture attached considered just a regular email or a picture mail? I don't have any kind of messaging attached to my plan so I don't want to get charged out the kazoo if I do this a lot.

Also, it's my understanding that the LED only blinks when you have an alert. I have 5 unread emails and a text message and it still isn't blinking. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Picture mail is only possible with a Vision or Powervision pictures pack. It is separate from regular text messages and uses data to send. From what I know Sprint has no pay per use picture mail and requires a Vision or Powervision pictures pack to send pictures.
  3.    #3  
    So would sending a regular email with a picture attached through the Treo's email program be considered picture mail or not?
    To answer your first question...email a picture is just like sending a generic attachment. Not The Same As Picture Mail.

Emailing is a great way to get aroung "picture mail"

As for the LED...there is a lengthy thread with inconsistent reports as to the new behavior. Not sure about it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    So would sending a regular email with a picture attached through the Treo's email program be considered picture mail or not?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    Picture mail is only possible with a Vision or Powervision pictures pack. It is separate from regular text messages and uses data to send. From what I know Sprint has no pay per use picture mail and requires a Vision or Powervision pictures pack to send pictures.
    true but has nothing to do with emailing attachments.
    Actually, you can send picture mail without a Vision picture pack, but it costs both arms and legs, and your first 2 born.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Actually the $20, and $25 powervision plans both have unlimited picture and video mail so you dont really need to have a seperate pack.
  9.    #9  
    How about some HTTP mail support, anyone know of a good program for that?