1.    #1  
    When switching to the 700 from the 650 . Do I need to use the same Hotsync ID if I am going to re-install all my software again ( about 30 programs) or has anyone emailed the creators of the software they have and tell them you have a new hotsync and need a new Reg Code. Just curious.
    Migrating from the 650 to 700 might take quite some time i think.
    Changing hotsync ids would be a major pain in the @55. Personally, I can think of things that I'd rather spend my time with other than contacting the author/company for every registered program on my 700p.

I transferred in about 15-20 minutes. I synch calendar, contacts, tasks, & memos with Outlook so it made it easier. Synch'd 650 & renamed the backup folder, replaced palm desktop w/ version from 700p CD, & synch'd to 700p. Then I just looked at my 650 to see what I was using. Out of the dozens of apps on my 650, there are only a handful that I truly touch every day, so I installed latest versions of those & put in my reg codes. I'll take my time getting the rest over and they'll be some that I won't even bother porting. Kinda like moving houses...time to clean house.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds good.

I have a question for ya. When you installed the palm desktop for the 700P did you lose the conduit's you hade for the 650 and have to reisntall them. Examples , I have Pocket Quicken and it hotsyncs all my data to the treo every hotsync and Pocket Tv manager which updates a TV guide program every day just to name a few i have. When I upgraded from my 600 to 650 I lost the conduits and hade a pain in the **** time finding all the programs to get the conduits again.

Just curious.
    Hi VaccPalm,

I see you posted this a few days ago. Have you successfully sync Pocket Quiken yet? That's a big concern for me.

Thanks,
    Aryeh
  5.    #5  
    Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Sounds good.

I have a question for ya. When you installed the palm desktop for the 700P did you lose the conduit's you hade for the 650 and have to reisntall them. Examples , I have Pocket Quicken and it hotsyncs all my data to the treo every hotsync and Pocket Tv manager which updates a TV guide program every day just to name a few i have. When I upgraded from my 600 to 650 I lost the conduits and hade a pain in the **** time finding all the programs to get the conduits again.

Just curious.
    I uninstalled everything Palm-related from my laptop (well...not my data, I saved that). But I would have removed any of those conduits along the way and gotten them back when I reinstalled the latest-greatest version of each program. It's a chance to look at what you really use day-to-day. Dont' worry about installing all of the conduits at once; just get the latest version of those you know you use regularly.

For example, On Demand (comes with the 700p) includes a TV Guide.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Quote:Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.

Syncd fine for me as well. However it is not asking for a password like the file on the pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Aryeh
    Quote Originally Posted by feces
    Syncd fine for me as well. However it is not asking for a password like the file on the pc?
    Go to preferences-Security. Click on 'Require 4-digit PIN on launch'
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more