Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    When switching to the 700 from the 650 . Do I need to use the same Hotsync ID if I am going to re-install all my software again ( about 30 programs) or has anyone emailed the creators of the software they have and tell them you have a new hotsync and need a new Reg Code. Just curious.
    Migrating from the 650 to 700 might take quite some time i think.
  2. #2  
    Changing hotsync ids would be a major pain in the @55. Personally, I can think of things that I'd rather spend my time with other than contacting the author/company for every registered program on my 700p.

    I transferred in about 15-20 minutes. I synch calendar, contacts, tasks, & memos with Outlook so it made it easier. Synch'd 650 & renamed the backup folder, replaced palm desktop w/ version from 700p CD, & synch'd to 700p. Then I just looked at my 650 to see what I was using. Out of the dozens of apps on my 650, there are only a handful that I truly touch every day, so I installed latest versions of those & put in my reg codes. I'll take my time getting the rest over and they'll be some that I won't even bother porting. Kinda like moving houses...time to clean house.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds good.

    I have a question for ya. When you installed the palm desktop for the 700P did you lose the conduit's you hade for the 650 and have to reisntall them. Examples , I have Pocket Quicken and it hotsyncs all my data to the treo every hotsync and Pocket Tv manager which updates a TV guide program every day just to name a few i have. When I upgraded from my 600 to 650 I lost the conduits and hade a pain in the **** time finding all the programs to get the conduits again.

    Just curious.
  4. #4  
    Hi VaccPalm,

    I see you posted this a few days ago. Have you successfully sync Pocket Quiken yet? That's a big concern for me.

    Thanks,
    Aryeh
  5.    #5  
    Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Sounds good.

    I have a question for ya. When you installed the palm desktop for the 700P did you lose the conduit's you hade for the 650 and have to reisntall them. Examples , I have Pocket Quicken and it hotsyncs all my data to the treo every hotsync and Pocket Tv manager which updates a TV guide program every day just to name a few i have. When I upgraded from my 600 to 650 I lost the conduits and hade a pain in the **** time finding all the programs to get the conduits again.

    Just curious.
    I uninstalled everything Palm-related from my laptop (well...not my data, I saved that). But I would have removed any of those conduits along the way and gotten them back when I reinstalled the latest-greatest version of each program. It's a chance to look at what you really use day-to-day. Dont' worry about installing all of the conduits at once; just get the latest version of those you know you use regularly.

    For example, On Demand (comes with the 700p) includes a TV Guide.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
  7. #7  
    Quote:Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.




    Syncd fine for me as well. However it is not asking for a password like the file on the pc?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Pocket Quicken is working fine on my treo 700. Syncs perfectly, no issues for me.

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Aryeh
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by feces
    Syncd fine for me as well. However it is not asking for a password like the file on the pc?
    Go to preferences-Security. Click on 'Require 4-digit PIN on launch'
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more

Posting Permissions