Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of disabling it to save a keypress, but I never used to carry my 600 in my pocket, so I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Anyone have any experience with accidental keypresses after disabling Keyguard?

TIA
    I haven't used keyguard on my 600, 650 or 700 and I carry it in my pocket half th etime. I haven't had many accidental keypreses.
    I've never used it on my 600, 650, or 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I don't use it, either. Rarely have accidental key presses.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Have neber use it have never (to my knowledge) had an accidental leypress.
    At least once or twice a week someone tells me I called them and they heard me talking to someone in the background. Constantly. Even with keyguard. Real pain.
    When I had it disabled I would call (and even text!) people a good amount of times. I like the keyguard.. for now..
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    First thing I do with a new Palm is disable the Keyguard. I never have any accidental keypresses. I keep my Treo in my suit's breast pocket, though.
    Have not used in on the 300, 600, 650 or 700P...
    i'm still on the 650 and I use keygaurd, and cant imagine not using it with the 700.

I also have a BB, and lock that too.

why not use KG? what probalens does it cause?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    why not use KG? what probalens does it cause?
    No problems.....just thinking about trying to save some extra keypresses. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I turn on the screen, then immediately try to go elsewhere only to be stopped by Keyguard, so then I have to hit the middle button, then go back to where I wanted to go in the first place. My problem is compounded because I have my Phone remapped to the Send key (thanks, Tyler!), so I HAVE to turn on the screen before I can get to the Phone App....
    What I do is use Profiles. When I'm driving my treo is in a holder so no kg. Then when I am keeping my treo in my pocket I switch to a profile that has kg active. Works great for me!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Holder...no keygaurd. Never in the pocket.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've always had keyguard enabled on my 600, 650, and now 700p. If I disable it, I find my battery dies faster. I guess my pockets like to mess around with the hard keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I haven't used keyguard on my 600, 650 or 700 and I carry it in my pocket half th etime. I haven't had many accidental keypreses.
    It only takes one accidental phone call to that ex-girlfriend you haven't talked to in three years to make you regret turning off keyguard.
    Keyguard sucks. It intereres when you don't want it to, and doesn't really lock the keys when you want it to. I use TreoGuard and Pocket Protector.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hey meyerweb, how's TreoGuard on the 700p? Is it fully functional? Been meaning to reinstall it on my 700p (been using it since my Treo 600), but I just haven't had any time to play with my 700p much.
    Never used it with my 600, 650, or 700p and carry it naked and alone (and screen-side in) in my front left pocket.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.