Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been calling all day trying to get the 700p with SERO. I've made at least 5 calls to retentions, 5 to telesales, 2 to employee accounts, and I've been transferred everywhere. Made over 20 calls. Every time I'm told I HAVE TO sign up for SERO on the website, and that they have no way of switching me over on the phone.

So my fear is if I buy the 700p via palm i will not be able to switch over to SERO. It seems like there has been some changes and that they are cracking down on SERO plans. If anyone knows a specific rep that helped them out please let me know.
    Did you try calling sero direct? 888-274-9478
  3.    #3  
    just did, i get a busy signal or something, its been like that all day.
  4.    #4  
    and i just called the new sero number, they said they will be getting it but of course don't know when.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I dont think you can get the 700p with SERO... Your best bet is to get the phone you want, then call them up and ask nicely for the SERO plan... Tell them the reason you got the phone was because you wanted this great opportunity... Worse case scenario, they will give you something close to it with some perks. I'm not sure how long you've been with Sprint, but that is important. They like to reward long time customers.

Also, I've read people getting the free phone on the SERO site and doing an ESN swap. Only negative with this, I think you have to have your free phone for a few months before this can happen. Do a search here for "SERO" and you will find quite a few people with great ideas on how they got SERO...

Hope that somewhat helps..
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I've searched high and low. I'll keep waiting to see if the 700p comes to SERO. If not I'll get the free phone and sell, then get the 700p from retentions. It will only get cheaper over time...
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    Thanks, I've searched high and low. I'll keep waiting to see if the 700p comes to SERO. If not I'll get the free phone and sell, then get the 700p from retentions. It will only get cheaper over time...
    Good idea...

I hear the SERO website is for older or soon to be discontinued phones... not sure how true that is. So it might be a while before you see the 700p on there... also, SERO ends at the end of this month, so its best to jump in there now and get your plan..

KAOS
    i got sero with my my 700p. You dont have to do a esn swap and its not going to be on sero site at all. You need to call this rep to help you her name is Marlen Moore and her direct line is 800-937-1781. Just explain to her everything and how you would like sero.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    i got sero with my my 700p. You dont have to do a esn swap and its not going to be on sero site at all. You need to call this rep to help you her name is Marlen Moore and her direct line is 800-937-1781. Just explain to her everything and how you would like sero.
    could you explain a little more about what you did, any pointers, etc. And how much did you get the 700p for?
    spleen pm your phone number i will explain everything.
  11.    #11  
    pm sent
    cccablecompany, could you please post your info for everyone's benefit? Thanks!
    I ordered my 700p through Palm and then activated it through the Sero # 866-250-2221. I had no wait and they knew exactly what to do.

I opened a new account as I was previously a Cingular customer.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I know I have seen it elsewhere, but how much did you pay for the phone? I called Sprint 4 times today and didnt have much luck
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    I know I have seen it elsewhere, but how much did you pay for the phone? I called Sprint 4 times today and didnt have much luck
    If you are asking me, I got my 700p for $449 from Palm and then got $250 service credit from Sprint, making it $199 overall.
    I was offered $399 from Sprint and $350 from Verizon.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    If you are asking me, I got my 700p for $449 from Palm and then got $250 service credit from Sprint, making it $199 overall.
    Now thats a deal, how did you get it for $449 without signing up for a plan on their site? What was the $250 credit for, is that sprintportal.com?

$199 with SERO is amazing, please outline what u did step by step if you don't mind, thanks!
    i managed $100 with sero check my post (think it got bumped to 2nd page already)
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    Now thats a deal, how did you get it for $449 without signing up for a plan on their site? What was the $250 credit for, is that sprintportal.com?

$199 with SERO is amazing, please outline what u did step by step if you don't mind, thanks!
    $449 from Palm w/$100 developer's discount and $100 instant rebate for 2 yr sprint agreement.

Activated new SERO account once I got the phone from UPS using the number I provided earlier.

New Sprint service agreements get $150 service credit automatically. sprintportal.com offers $250 for the 700p, so I called retentions and got and extra $100 service credit.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo
    i managed $100 with sero check my post (think it got bumped to 2nd page already)
    PM sent to you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast