1.    #1  
    Well I've been sitting back idle for the last week reading the threads on people ordering the 700p from Palm and Sprint. Seems the best deals where through Sprint retentions.

I am a Sprint customer since 2002 (Treo 300, 600, 650, BB 7250) 2 lines and bill runs $140 a month, but I am in the middle of a two year contract. So I make the call today (800-658-7564) to see what kind of deal I can get. After looking up ALL the info on the phone and my account, the lady comes back and tells me it's $649, I say "I think I'm eligible for a discount" she checks and said "$75 with a two year renewal, or if I wait until Jan 07 I can get a big $150 off".

Hey I can get this kind of screwed up deal from the local Sprint store and not have to wait on the phone. Although the last two phones I bought where in the local store and I actually got a decent deal from them.

So want I am I doing so wrong. Go ahead, let me have it.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Not doing anything wrong. Just call back and speak to a different rep. Sometimes it take s and extra call or two, but they'll usually help you some. the fact that you're in the middle of your contract doesn't help, but they should be able to do something for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Not doing anything wrong. Just call back and speak to a different rep. Sometimes it take s and extra call or two, but they'll usually help you some. the fact that you're in the middle of your contract doesn't help, but they should be able to do something for you.
    Exactly.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    maybe the reason that they're not so helpful might be:

1. they've finally caught on about the phenomenon of 1000's of sprint customers giving the exact same story about canceling and going with verizon...

or

2. you're still in the middle of your plan and are under lockdown so no need to cater to your "give me a better deal" whim?
    ~there is no spoon~
    I don't think its a matter of catching on. I mean, this is a business war...if you can do better elsewhere, thant you should. If they want to keep you, they'll make an offer. It really just comes down to economics....

They'd rather give you a $15 - $20 discount to keep you for another 2 years. That's still $1200 if you're on a $50 plan. If you leave to verizon, they get nothing. So its in hteir best interest to keep you. Now if you call with a $30 plan, asking for 50% off, they might laugh at you...but you can't blame them for that.
    I think I got that woman the first time. She ddint know much and just offered me the $75 discount . Finally on the 4th try I got this guy who ( after I told him I can get the 700 from Verizon for $350 ) he sounded like he knew the deal and offered it to me for $300 plus other goodies. And I am only 7 months into a 2 year contract. DO NOT GIVE UP AND MENTION VERIZON.
    I got mine for $450 from retentions and still am in the middle of a contract. I had a trick though. I also recently moved and had first tried to change my number to a different state and was told by the sprint rep that it would cost me $150 cancellation fee to change. I then transferred to retentions and told them my problems not being able to get one directly from the sprint store(they'd only sell to new customers), and that if I was going to be charged the cancellation fee anyways I might as well drop sprint and go to verison who had it in stock and selling for $400. She all of a sudden started apologizing and said "oh, no, there won't be any fee for you" and gave me a decent discount. Maybe I just lucked out (on my 3rd try) but I was honest and they treated me alright in the end.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    The key is that you need to talk to RETENTIONS. The normal rep you talk to when you call is not with retentions and does not have the same power that they do. The key is to say you want to cancel. I argued with a normal rep for 30 minutes about my contract and what they could and couldn't do and then told them I wanted to cancel my service so they dumped me off to retentions. This person was more than willing to work with me and I got credits to bring my 700 down to $400. It is all in which group you talk to...
    Well I just called and I was able to get the 399 price which is an extra 100 off with the a 15% discount on revenue. and they said a $10 discount on my vision plan which won't be confirmed I guess until I acutally get the phone.

they shipped the phone out because none of the stores in my area had it in stock.

one really fubar thing tho. I didn't think I was in contract but they said in february when I did a warranty swap out of my treo 600 (yes 600), they signed me up for a 5% discount and a 2 year contract. trouble is--nobody every told me I was signing up for 2 years and I never noticed the 5% discount which evidently started getting in february.

I told the retention lady that and she handled it well. I was like--do you think I'd sign up for 2 years for 5%? and we just moved on from there.

We'll see how it looks when I get the phone next week and get the data set up. but so far so good. the 2 year thing was pretty shady tho.
    Wow...I must have gotten hella lucky when I called retentions 2 days ago. I told them that my company has an account with Verizon and that I am eligible for a discount through them for my personal account (which is true, it just is not a good enough discount to offset the crazy high data rates - which I did not mention to the rep). I mentioned that Verizon is selling the phone I want (700p) for "three hundred something dollars." I said that I would like to remain a Sprint customer ('ve been one for 7 years) but that I am prepared to pay my early termination fee and go to Verizon if in the end it will be cheaper. Here's the kicker: I just signed a new 2 year agreement on April 6th of this year (I am less than one month into my 2 year agreement). The retentions rep that I spoke with was crazy nice (must have just gotten a raise or something) and said that she would give me the phone for $300 - no tax, no shipping charge, and free activation. I didn't even have to haggle with her. Should be coming early next week I hope.

I realize that $300 is not the best deal people have gotten from retentions, but I was pretty happy seeing as I have over 23 months left on my contract!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
    Well I just called and I was able to get the 399 price which is an extra 100 off with the a 15% discount on revenue. and they said a 10 discount on my vision plan which won't be confirmed I guess until I acutally get the phone.

they shipped the phone out because none of the stores in my area had it in stock.

one really fubar thing tho. I didn't think I was in contract but they said in february when I did a warranty swap out of my treo 600 (yes 600), they signed me up for a 5% discount and a 2 year contract. trouble is--nobody every told me I was signing up for 2 years and I never noticed the 5% discount which evidently started getting in february.

I told the retention lady that and she handled it well. I was like--do you think I'd sign up for 2 years for 5%? and we just moved on from there.

We'll see how it looks when I get the phone next week and get the data set up. but so far so good. the 2 year thing was pretty shady tho.
    yeah, they gave me some garbage about when my contract expired too. I bought my 650 in 2/05 and the store I bought it from said I was eligible for the $150 mail-in rebate if I started a new 2-year agreement. I mailed in the rebate form but received a postcard back saying I didn't qualify. I went all around with them about it because I had bought a Treo 600 off eBay (thus not receiving a Sprint subsidy) in 10/04 and they said that even though I didn't get any type of rebate, just doing an ESN switch to activate the 600 reset the clock on my rebate eligibility. By then the 14 days were up so I couldn't take the 650 back (like I wanted to anyway after getting used to that screen). Well I guess that even though I couldn't get the rebate, they went ahead and re-upped my contract without me getting anything in return.

The first rep I talked to said even though she couldn't find any record of why my contract was renewed, since it happened over 2 month ago she couldn't do anything about it. Luckily the retentions person I talked to after that understood my point because I told her that I was NOT paying an early termination fee on that line and she agreed. It didn't get to that though because I told them that as long as my 700 was only going to cost me $400 in the end I'd keep my account.
    You have to keep calling back. I got two crappy offers before the $150 for the Treo 700 offer. You have to keep calling back again & again. And make sure you speak to a supervisor or retentions. I am out of contratc nor did she require me to extend.