Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just installed the latest version of Treo Voice Dialing and tried to enter the registration code from the version on my 650 and it said the code wasn't valid! Is there a fee to upgrade, or do I have to buy it all over again?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Voicesignal reg key is unique to each phone based on the ESN HEX # or EMEI. Try emailing Handango to get a new key. This is how it worked with the 650. Not sure if it applies for the 700 but worth a try. I'm trying to get another code myself.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. I found the e-mail I received when I bought the ap and there is a link in it to get a new code. I clicked the link and submitted the new information. This should take care of things.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    If you purchased from Handango; you need to contact Handango customer support for the new registration key, not VoiceSignal.
    Be sure to give them your username and your device ID [ESN].

I contacted Handango and received a new registration key for the 700p.
    However it did not work.
    I contacted Handango again and verified the ESN.
    I haven't heard back since.

I hope they are not having a problem with the new registration keys.

Jeff
  5.    #5  
    I submitted my request to Handango via the confirmation e-mail I received from them. A link takes you to a form that requests all the necessary information. I'll report back when I hear back from them.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    after one of the many reboot loops on my treo 650, i found when i tried to reinstall the handango voice dial program it would cause repeated reboot issues. only by removing that program from the buddy back list did my treo successfully complete its reinstall process. i then had to reinstall voice dial from the original program sent to me. when i emailed handango regarding this issue, they said i needed to pay software support since i had passed the free support deadline. i was wondering if anyone else has encounted this problem either with their 650 or when reinstalling programs on their 700?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Actually there was an email address on my order confirmation form (treovoicedial@handango.com), but I just sent email to that and got a message that my email was refused. I can't even access Handango's site right now, so maybe that's the problem. Anyone get any emails back from them about this yet?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

dvdmon,

Send your e-mail to support@handango.com. I had a similar problem last month with VoiceDial. Just provide them with your Handango order # (assuming you still have it) and you ESN Hex number which can be found beneath the battery on the Treo and they will provide you with a current registration key.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thanks, Steve. I re-sent to that address. I'd sent my ESN decimal number to the order address, so had to get the hex number this time around...

I have already given my ESN HEX to Handango and received a new reg code which did not work. When I told Handango about this, they told me to contact VoiceSignal customer support. I haven't heard back from them yet, but will report back what I hear.
  11.    #11  
    Hopefully the new code they send me will work. I got an e-mail response from them last night asking to verify my ID name and my ESN HEX. I sent the info and am now waiting...

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I was just sent a second registration key that again does not work.

Jeff
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999
    I was just sent a second registration key that again does not work.

Jeff
    Ditto for me! Two no good codes. I replied a third time to make sure they knew it was v2.0 that I installed and gave the model, carrier, ESN HEX, and ID again.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I haven't gotten any registration numbers since I emailed them yesterday, but this is sounding really familiar. When I first bought it over a year ago, Handango sent me a code that didn't work. Then another that didn't. They consulted with Palm eventually, but it wasn't for almost two weeks before they sent one that actually worked! I hope this doesn't happen this time around! Hopefully if there are lots of people with this problem, when they finally figure out how to generate a correct code, they'll be able to do this quickly for everyone. It's just that a bunch of us are asking for it all at once.

I got a code. No work. emailed back, waiting for a response.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Also got a bad code. Response:
    "I am escalating your issue and forwarding it to the developer of the application for product-specific support.
    +Please allow 3 business days for them to contact you. Thanks for your understanding as we work together to
    +resolve this issue."

We'll see...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Response (Michael) 06/06/2006 06:57 PM
    Hi Jeffrey, WE have just been notified that the version of Voice dial that you purchased from Handango does not work on the Treo 700. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Michael

Great response.
    I am using version 2.0....The version linked to the CD that came with my 700p.
    The program works just fine...It just won't take accept the registration key.

Jeff
    Last edited by jt999; 06/06/2006 at 07:12 PM.
    I just got an email from them asking what version of device I have. They already sent me two different codes. We'll see what happens.
    Contact support@voicesignal.com -- provide the reference number that you received when you purchased the Voice Dial program that was on your 650 installation CD and your Hot Sync user name. After many back and forths with Handango and Palm, I was finally directed to the above. It took a day or so for them to respond, the a couple of rapid fire emails back and forth and voila. The reg code that I was given worked.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Just got this response:

Next time do not contact Handango. Please contact Motricity instead at
    swcsupport@palm.com.

Try this registration key and let me know: *****

And the new code worked!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast