Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I just sent an e-mail to both swcsupport@palm.com and support@voicesignal.com. Hopefully one of them will get this worked out!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage
    Just got this response:

Next time do not contact Handango. Please contact Motricity instead at
    swcsupport@palm.com.

Try this registration key and let me know: *****

And the new code worked!
    Same here -- the new one works - I'm using V2.
    I got the same response. Yay!
    Please contact Motricity instead at
    swcsupport@palm.com.

I had good luck with these folks as well, after some trouble with their SPAM filter.
    I just got a weird response after I asked Motricity for a new reg code for my replacement phone:

Greetings from the palm Software Connection (SWC) store! Please read the entire body of our reply before responding, if necessary.

A store credit has been issued to your SWC account for 19.99 to be used towards the purchase of a similar, or alternate, program on a future purchase. Please be sure to try any free-trails offered for any program you are interested in prior to purchase as a refund or store credit will not be an option where a free-trial is offered on future purchases on your account. This credit will be automatically applied to your next purchase.

If this code was given as a replacement for software that would not function on your individual device then it is required that you remove the original software from your handheld, as well any files associated with it, on any and all desktop computers.

To use the credit you simply need to add the wanted items to your shopping cart and proceed with a normal checkout. The credit will be automatically deducted from the total of your next purchase. IF the total of your purchase (including any sales tax) does NOT exceed the amount of the credit you will not need to enter or re-enter your credit card information. Nothing will be charged to your card unless the total of your purchase is greater then the amount of the store credit. If the total is more then the store credit you will have to enter credit card information, or use the card information you may have saved from a prior purchase. A store credit cannot be issued to cover any sales tax (unless tax was part of your original SWC order) that may be applied to your order. Make sure all information on the order is correct in terms of the amount of store credit being used versus any charges to be added to your card before completing your order. The information will be presented to you before completing the order. Please be sure to read and confirm it.
  6.    #26  
    That's the same response I got. You'll have to uninstall the version of Voice Dial on your phone before you do anything. From there all you have to do is buy the software from them again using the credit you have on your account. Install the software in the link, use the code included, and you're done.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Oh, I see what they did--they credited me 19.99 to just go and re-purchase the software. Nice enough!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    When I contacted Handago, I got this response:

"The product 'Treo Voice Dialing' that we sell only supports the Palm Treo 650. We do not sell a version of this software for the Treo 700p and any registration keys that we generate for that version will not work. We are unable to provide a registration key for it as it not sold on our site. Please contact Palm directly for assistance with this registration."

I'll try the email address in this thread to reach Palm.

Does the version you got from Palm work???

JC
    Last edited by jccomo; 06/09/2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: updated information
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    When I contacted Handago, I got this response:

"The product 'Treo Voice Dialing' that we sell only supports the Palm Treo 650. We do not sell a version of this software for the Treo 700p and any registration keys that we generate for that version will not work. We are unable to provide a registration key for it as it not sold on our site. Please contact Palm directly for assistance with this registration."

I'll try the email address in this thread to reach Palm.

Does the version you got from Palm work???

JC
    Youn need to contact swcsupport@palm.com. They will have you set up an account, credit the account $19.99, which is the price of the software. You buy it with the credit given, install it and register it with the code provided and you are all set.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Youn need to contact swcsupport@palm.com. They will have you set up an account, credit the account $19.99, which is the price of the software. You buy it with the credit given, install it and register it with the code provided and you are all set.
    What information do I need to include in the email?

Thanks.

Jc
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yup... I got the same (very lengthy) letter. I don't quite understand this, as I did install the latest version from Palm's website, and it works perfectly fine (although in 14 day trial mode). I wonder where the problem is...
    Is that Voicedial software on the Install CD free to use?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    What information do I need to include in the email?

Thanks.

Jc
    First, to save yourself some time, you need to set up an account with the Palm Software Connection. You can do this at https://software.palm.com/us/html/login.jsp. Once you've done that, send an e-mail to swcsupport@palm.com. You'll need to provide the reference number from the original purchase of the Voice Dial software for the 650 and your Hot Sync ID. Let them know the registration code from the 650 doesn't work on the new software on your 700p and ask for a new code.

They will then credit your account for $19.99, which is the cost of the software. Go to the Palm store and buy it using the credit on your account. Before you install it, remove the current version from your 700p. Install the version in the link from the SWC store and use the registration code they provide. That should do it.

The customer service is very fast and responsive. This shouldn't take very long to handle at all.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks to the information here. I also got the credit to purchase the Treo Voice Dialing Software from Palm.

Here is what they wrote in their email:

"The version of 'Treo Voice Dialing' that is available for sell and download currently at the palm Software Connection store is newer then the version of the program that was preloaded on many palm devices, or included on the cd that was shipped with many devices. The registration code you receive to unlock the program after completing a purchase at the SWC for 'Treo Voice Dialing' will not unlock the old version of the program. You will need to be sure to download and install the new version from your palm SWC account."

As always great help from this site.

Thanks,

JC
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    Is that Voicedial software on the Install CD free to use?
    No, but there is a 14-day free trial. If you want to buy it, it's $19.99. Works great.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Did you buy this from Handango originally? I wrote the swcsupport@palm.com address that Handango finally passed me off to and this is the response I got the following response:

Greetings from the palm Software Connection (SWC) store! Please read the entire body of our reply before responding, if necessary.

The license you purchase is for use only on the device specified when the order was placed. If you would like to use the program on more than one handheld, or if you purchase a new handheld, you will need to purchase a new license.

If you have any additional questions regarding this matter please contact us and please include all previous correspondence in order to better assist you. Also, please refrain from sending multiple emails for the same subject as this only slows our average response time. Our hours of operation or M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. Emails sent Friday evening, and over the weekend, will be answered as quickly as possible the following Monday. Emails are generally answered in the order they are received.

Thank you for shopping at the palm Software Connection store.

Sincerely,

Daniel Lewis
    palm Software Connection Support