Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having some weird behavior with my SD card on the 700P. Yesterday the Treo stopped seeing the SD card. I assume the card was corrupted so I used Card Info to format the card. The Treo then recognized the card until I popped it out. When I reinserted it the Treo did not see it.

I was able to recreate the behavior with 3 other cards (various brands) as well so I don't think it is an issue with the card itself. If I reset the Treo and hold up on the 5 way then the card is always recognized so it has to be a driver/program issue. I just am not sure where or how to start looking.

I saw a similar situation described in a thread about backup software (and I have seen my problem start when doing a backup as well), but this seems more general than an issue with backup software.

Anyone else experience this problem?
    I've had recurring problems with this, but I don't know what causes it. It's definitely a software issue. Deleting some programs makes the problem go away, but it then comes back with another program.

Not that these programs cause the problem, but here are some of them: ClipPro, Cuckoo Clock, KbLightsOff, Resco Explorer, Resco Backup, others I'm probably forgetting. I have both Resco apps running now without a problem, but they've had their turn at deletion due to the SD card not being recognized.

Anyone have any ideas?

edit: This has occurred on both my 650 and 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by quagsire
    The Treo then recognized the card until I popped it out. When I reinserted it the Treo did not see it.

Anyone else experience this problem?
    I'm getting the same thing.
    I'm having the same problem too after a fatal exception when ringo crashed it seems like the card didn't get mounted and it happens all the time during a crash. We need to report this issue to Palm.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...l_support.html

Al
    There' a few threads covering this......there is only one proper way to get a Treo to consistently recognize a SD card.

1. Format it in Treo w/ native app
    2. Format it via Card Export II
    3. Format it on PC card reader

Unfortunately, which one of those thre works on your Treo seems to be a matter of keep trying until one of them works.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    There' a few threads covering this......there is only one proper way to get a Treo to consistently recognize a SD card.

1. Format it in Treo w/ native app
    2. Format it via Card Export II
    3. Format it on PC card reader

Unfortunately, which one of those thre works on your Treo seems to be a matter of keep trying until one of them works.
    I think it is deeper than that. If I reset and hold up on the 5 way it will ALWAYS recognize the card, which indicates a software issue to me. In addition, the fact that removing certain programs brings the card back makes me think that this is an OS issue and not necessarly a format issue.
    Are you running ZLauncher? If so see previous post by me regarding this issue. It was corrected with the newest iteration of ZLauncher. I agree that it most likely is a software conflict.

Regards,

Jim
    I've been having this problem but just taking the card out and putting it back in makes the Treo see it. I formatted from Card Export II. I tried Card Keeper but didn't notice much difference.
    Denise
    I think it can be one, the other or a combo of both. If it was purely a software conflict, switching to another format procedure wouldn't have solved anyone's problem and it clearly has. I found the recognition problem when ite xisted to be very sporadic....sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't even when program list remained unchanged.

Probably the best way to define your individual solution is to:

1. try all 3 formatting procedures
    2. try a different card
    3. Hard reset and load programs 2 or 3 a day until you see problems which continue toi manifest over afew days. Then try removing and see if it gets better.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I having the same issue on my new 700p. I'm using the 256mb sd card I had in my Treo 650. I need to reset the treo in order for it to recongnize it. I have Resco Explorer installed
    I having the same issue on my new 700p. I'm using the 512mb SDcard I had in my Camera. I removed all data from the card and inserted it into the 700p. All was going well. I was able to beam pics and other media file from my 600 to the 700p and save to the card. I removed the card and put in my card reader on my PC and copied a few files to the DCIM folder. After which the 700p would not longer recognize the card. Remove and re-inserts made no difference for me.

However the Treo 600 would recognize the card. I simply copied a program from the treo 600 to the SDcard and then re-inserted in the 700p and no it sees the card again.
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P
    For those of you having this problem make sure you delete the following from your Treo:
    -Ringo
    -Contacts5
    -LudusP (reinstall it later )

and remove the battery and try it again.

Al
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    For those of you having this problem make sure you delete the following from your Treo:
    -Ringo
    -Contacts5

Al
    Did that... no luck

I hard reset my Treo and used it for 2 days with no additional installed software and it never failed to see the SD card.

Randomly deleteing software can sometimes bring the card back. I assume with the performance issues that a driver or service is taking too long to load and therefore the SD cant be recognized.

No word from Palm yet...
    Just got off the phone with Palm about this and there were no help whatsoever. Made me do a hard reset, (which didn't work) then said try a 1 gig card (I have a 2 gig), I told him I didn't have one. He said try a different brand (I have a sandisk) then he said "call back if you have any more questions" and hung up. big help. and now im frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    -Ringo
    -Contacts5

Al

This was an issue before I added any software. Infact simply copying a program to the SDcard on my 600 change something that allowed the 700 to recognize the card again. So far, no more issues but will see.
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P
    I am having this problem too and just about the time I think I have tracked down the program that is causing the problem, it reappears again.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps or hurts the discussion but this problem appeared for me a few weeks ago when I was still using my 650. That 650 broke and I got a brand new one from Sprint and the new one had the same problem. Then I upgraded to the 700P last week and now I am seeing it on this phone too.

I am confused AND frustrated.

Art
  17.    #17  
    Ok, new weird twist. I went in and disabled auto update on VersaMail, QuickNews, OnDemand, and my Intellisync Client. I rebooted and now it sees the card.
    I think we make be discussing two separate issues here.

For the past 2 years, my Treos have failed to recognize the card after installing certain software and, just as awerry says, when I think I've got the software culprit nailed down the problem comes back. When this happens, ejecting the card will always be followed by the audible tones, but putting the card back in will always be silent.

Just today I did a hard reset and restored everything EXCEPT Saved Preferences and the card was found. I'm trying to isolate what preference(s) may be causing the problem.

But now I'm having another problem where the card will disappear during use, for example, in the middle of a backup or restore. I hear the eject tones and can see the error. Removing the card and reinserting it will fix it... until the next time.
    My problem is similar... I put the card in and it recognizes it but if I switch apps or try to install something to it during a hotsynch i get that eject noise. RRRRRRR
    Just out of curiosity, for those of you whose SD card does not disappear in the middle of some activity (backing up, for example), but disappears after installing software and a soft reset doesn't fix it, are you using ZLauncher?
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast