Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 176
  1. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #41  
    Posted this over here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Similar experience tonight, my previously working (650 and 700p) PNY 2GB SD card has suddenly stopped working.

    Or more accurately I should say my Treo700p has stopped recognizing any SD Cards. I tried a 32MB HP card and a 128MB Simpletech card and each one results in the "Unrecognized Card: The handheld cannot recognize this card." error.

    I tried reformatting the 2GB in my PC as both FAT and FAT32. Neither one enabled the card to be recognized in the 700p.

    CardInfo says the name is "*SD02G" (where * is a hollow-box character). Attempting to format from CardInfo yields: "! Format Failed".

    I tried a safe-mode reset (5-way up + reset button) and it still errors out on all three cards.

    I successfully reformatted the 2GB in my Treo650. The 650 and the PC recognize it but the 700p gives the same error.

    Only a Hard Reset enabled the 700p to recognize the card again....

    ERic
    ...then kept reading on the topic and found this thread.

    I had no problems until tonight when I installed Sudoku 1.21 and LauncherX 1.2.22. I never ran Sudoku, only LauncherX. I tired disabling LudusP, that didn't help. So after a Hard Reset + BackupMan restore I'm back to where I was about 20 hours ago and sticking with LX 1.2.21 for now.

    ERic
  2. #42  
    Has anyone made ANY progress on isolating this problem? It is well past annoying.
  3. #43  
    All,

    I have made a few other posts on this subject. If you are using a Treo 700P, BTmute will cause this problem. BTmute was developed specifically for the Treo 650 and *only* the Treo 650. It should not be used on the Treo 700P and doing so will cause this SD Card problem.

    I hope this helps stop the problem you are seeing.

    Jeff

    BTW: My web site has been updated to provide a specific warning about not installing BTmute on Treo 700p's.
  4. #44  
    Jeff

    Thanks. BTmute has never been installed on my 700P. I don't have time to do a hard reset and reinstall all my apps one by one, but that may be what it will take.
  5. #45  
    I have found some relief from Jeff's excellent program CradleCare. I don't know if this is what fixed it, but since installing it, I've had no more problems with it.

    Now if we could just speed up ProfileCare :-)

    Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I have found some relief from Jeff's excellent program CradleCare. I don't know if this is what fixed it, but since installing it, I've had no more problems with it.
    Thanks, Bill. I just installed CradleCare and my SD card did re-appear. Why?

    I will reserve final judgment though because I've installed/uninstalled other programs and had the card come back only to lose it a day or two later when nothing else appeared to change. If this does work, I'll gladly register CradleCare.

    <crossing fingers>
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I have found some relief from Jeff's excellent program CradleCare. I don't know if this is what fixed it, but since installing it, I've had no more problems with it.

    Now if we could just speed up ProfileCare :-)

    Regards,
    Thanks for the compliment! ProfileCare is not the problem. The problem lies with the SLOW NVFS database access on the Treo 700P operating system. I am confident Palm will address teh database access times.

    Jeff
  8. #48  
    Let us hope that Palm addresses this soon.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the compliment! ProfileCare is not the problem. The problem lies with the SLOW NVFS database access on the Treo 700P operating system. I am confident Palm will address teh database access times.

    Jeff
    Any idea what's causing the problem? It has been suggested that the cluster size is too small when using as much RAM as the 700p comes with.
  10. #50  
    I have a 2g card that I was forced to reformat on the 700p, but works fine now. However, when I go to place the card in my laptop to load music on it, the laptop will not recognize it, and asks me if I want to format the card. Anyone else had this issue. Thanks in advance.
  11. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #51  
    I sent an email to ZZtechs makers of Zlauncher regarding the card disappearing issue. It is definatley a problem with either the Treo or other incompatible applications.

    Has the CradleCare workaround worked well for everyone that has tried it?
  12. #52  
    CradleCare has taken care of the problem for me. No idea why but then again as long as I can see my card, I don't care.
  13. #53  
    Wow....

    I installed CraldeCare and it asked me to reset my Treo. After the reset my SD card was not mounted again. So I went into the CradleCare app and nothing was enabled. So I enabled the card mount option and viola... After I exit the app my card was there. WTF?? Is the card mounting API not loading after a reset??
    Palm you need to get your act together and come out with a ROM update soon.

    Al
  14. #54  
    My card wouldn’t mount, either. Then I gave it some wine and did a little sweet talkin” and it was a different story. Hee Hee

    Seriously, I was having the same problem with a new 700p and a new Sandisk 1GB card. I am using the newest version on zlauncher, FYI. I installed cradlecare and activated the card utilities and will see if it makes a difference. In my case the card would disappear and if I just popped it out and put it back, it would show up again but then would later disappear all over again. Yeah, Palm needs to do a software update. This 700 is much slower than my 600 was.
  15. #55  
    I stopped using Documents to Go and the problem never happened again.
    Try this one.
  16. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #56  
    I trying cradlecare for my disappearing 4GB card also. I will report back and see if it worked.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I sent an email to ZZtechs makers of Zlauncher regarding the card disappearing issue. It is definatley a problem with either the Treo or other incompatible applications.

    Has the CradleCare workaround worked well for everyone that has tried it?
    I've been using it for about a month and have not had to reset once to get my card back. Now when it disappears, it's still mounted and all I have to do is go to another application like Resco Explorer and the card is there. Thanks for this great little utility Jeff!
  18. #58  
    Wow. My card did exactly the same thing. All of the sudden, the Palm wouldn't see it anymore. When I took it out I heard the dings that you hear when unmount it, but no sounds when I put it in and no sign of the card in fileZ or the Palm Launcher.

    So I downloaded cradlecare - via the handy sms link thanks Jeff!

    And as soon as I reset, went into the app and enabled the master, enabled card management the Treo immediately saw the card again.

    Amazing.

    Also, I tried several cards. Before Cradlecare the treo couldn't see any of them. After CradleCare it sees them all.

    huh.
  19. #59  
    I have been using Cradle Care for about a month now and it's worked great. The problem appears to be solved.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Wow. My card did exactly the same thing. All of the sudden, the Palm wouldn't see it anymore. When I took it out I heard the dings that you hear when unmount it, but no sounds when I put it in and no sign of the card in fileZ or the Palm Launcher.

    So I downloaded cradlecare - via the handy sms link thanks Jeff!

    And as soon as I reset, went into the app and enabled the master, enabled card management the Treo immediately saw the card again.

    Amazing.

    Also, I tried several cards. Before Cradlecare the treo couldn't see any of them. After CradleCare it sees them all.

    huh.
    I am very happy this application is providing value to you and so many other people. I know I have to change a few things in CradleCare for the 700P. Be assured these changes will happen soon.

    Jeff
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions