Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Is it possible that Palm has changed the battery since the 650? People (including me) have been complaining about battery life on the 700p, and I had assumed it was because the phone was drawing more power. Now I'm not sure. When I woke up this morning, I found that my 700p battery had only charged to 95%, despite being plugged in the whole night. I decided to swap the battery with the fully-charged battery that came with my 650. Using that battery in my 700 today, I feel like the battery has drained at about the same rate as I used to expect on my 650 (i.e., better than I'd gotten over the last two days on the 700). So maybe the 700 itself doesn't use more power and Palm has just shipped an inferior battery. Any thoughts?
    It is possible that your 650 battery is "fully tuned" and your 700P battery is not?

The instructions that came with my 2200mAh Lion Battery 12 months ago said:

1. Fully charge in the Treo for 12 hours to sync battery, Treo and charging circuitry.

2. Complete 3 to 5 FULL discharge / charge cycles to fully set the battery's power capacity.

3. Then keep it topped off, as often as possible for battery longevity.

It may be a bad battery -- or it may be that it is not "fully tuned" yet. Try these steps on the original 700P battery and see if it's "power" improves.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/02/2006 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll fill it and drain it a few times and see how it does.