1.    #1  
    Does the screen not go blank or turn off while you're on the phone or is there not an option of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Does the screen not go blank or turn off while you're on the phone or is there not an option of this?
    I think it is in Preferences
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    I think it is in Preferences
    Yeah I've been looking and can't find it. I know I can turn the touchscreen off so that you can't hit buttons. But I'm used to on most cellphones that when you're talking for a longer period of time the screen will shut off to save battery since you're not using it. I figured you could have the screen turn off after a certain period of time while you're on a call, rather than sit there and eat up battery.
    Well, Preferences/Keyguard has the options for the touch screen. Preferences/Power has an option to dim the backlight while on a call.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    Well, Preferences/Keyguard has the options for the touch screen. Preferences/Power has an option to dim the backlight while on a call.
    Yeah I've got all of that but I'm used to being able to have the screen shut off while the keys or screen aren't being used. So the screen should be able to just shut off while you're on a call still like it does on most cell phones and save a lot of battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Yeah I've got all of that but I'm used to being able to have the screen shut off while the keys or screen aren't being used. So the screen should be able to just shut off while you're on a call still like it does on most cell phones and save a lot of battery life.
    You will need a 3rd party app just like the previous Treos. Yes, I am a little disappointed that after the 3rd iteration, Palm DID NOT include this feature.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Do you know the name of an app that does that?
    The app you need is called sandman.
    sorry. posting from the phone so I can't attach it. I've recently uploaded it to the 'apps that work thread in this forum'
    TreoGuard, if it works with the 700P.
    I'm trying TreoGuard now. Indispensable app for my 600. Only using the 'auto off' while on a call and scheduled radio on/off. So far looking good.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I had been using TreoGuard on my 650 and loved it. It's on the 700p now and everything appears to work except the 'power button toggles screen' feature. If you're on a call and hit the power button it still terminates the call. On the 650 it allows you to turn the screen on and off while on a call. I sent the developer an e-mail asking if this would be updated. When I receive a response I'll let you all know.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    ^in the meatime, press phone app twice to turn screen on and get back to call screen.
    No response from the e-mail I sent and no response in the TG thread in their support forum at MTDN:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg274732

They don't appear to be very responsive

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Actually, he is/was one of the more responsive developers I know. Maybe he's on vacation.
    Interestingly enough, I've had this app since my 600, but it worked so well I never had to get support. Maybe I'm being impatient, but it's going on two days since I sent the e-mail to their support group and I haven't heard anything. Like you said, maybe he's on vacation. Better yet, maybe he's busy updating TG for the 700!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I've gotten no response either from TreoGuard; hopefully we'll hear something soon. I miss that and the bluetooth issues right now.