Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The only thing I like better about Blackberry is their push technology email client. I use VersaMail to check my personal email while traveling, but it's somewhat annoying to have to physically go into the program and tell it to search for new mail. If I understand correctly, Goodlink can only be used with corporate email. Is the same true of Blackberry Connect? Is there a program out there that uses the same technology that doesn't require that you have a corporate account?

Also, I use gmail and even though I have checked off in both gmail and my phone to leave a copy of the mail on the server, once I check it on the treo, it doesn't show up in Outlook and vice versa. I think that's a gmail flaw and has nothing to do with outlook or the treo, but it's another reason to want a blackberry email account! Sorry for the rant
    ChatterEmail will soon have push mail direct to Exchange on Cingular T-650's.

Marc
    How will we know when Push has been added to Cingular?
    I will announce it...

Marc
    When Will you Announce It?
    Just call me Berd.
    I keep thinking I'm days away, but it's complicated dealing with Cingular.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    ChatterEmail will soon have push mail direct to Exchange on Cingular T-650's.

Marc

Wow, that's terrific news, Marc.
    elbastardocalvo
    I use text messaging to push email to my Treo. In Gmail, set email to forward to your phone's email address and check the option to keep emails in Gmail's inbox.

Warning, this gets expensive if you do not have a text messaging plan.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhero1219
    The only thing I like better about Blackberry is their push technology email client. I use VersaMail to check my personal email while traveling, but it's somewhat annoying to have to physically go into the program and tell it to search for new mail. If I understand correctly, Goodlink can only be used with corporate email. Is the same true of Blackberry Connect? Is there a program out there that uses the same technology that doesn't require that you have a corporate account?
    Sprint Business Connect or Cingular XpressMail (both are provided by Seven, Inc.)

How will Chatter (on Cingular) be different/better than XpressMail?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    They don't require your PC to be on, and the client in (in my humble opinion) FAR nicer.

Marc
    I have GMail pushed to my phone via a third party email service. My Gmail quickly gets pushed to my phone and emails sent from my phone appear as they are from Gmail.
    Of Course using Chatter.

What will be the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    They don't require your PC to be on, and the client in (in my humble opinion) FAR nicer.
    Will it require the Exchange administrator to install something on the exchange server?
    Will it require him/her to open some port on the server? or enable some protocol?

The thing about XpressMail is that I can bypass a lot of corporate red-tape by using the re-director on the desktop. Does Chatter have some such thing?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    No, neither. You just need to have OWA access to the server.

Marc
    Cool. Look forward to this.

Will it leave my Contacts alone? I like to have a separate Contacts on my Treo (personal) and for the Corporate (work stuff in Exchane/outlook).

What about Calendar on the Treo. Will it keep those separate from the corporate calendar?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    What does Cingular have to have a tie-in with this? Why can't Chatter work this way with any carrier? All you need is connection to the data network ..?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    As a former Crackberry addict, I found VersaMail cumbersome also. I've got the basic Gmail forwarded to Fastmail setup with Chatter and find that it works spectacularly.
    My company has outlook with an exchange server (they run blackberry for everyone). I want to keep my Treo and use the Chatter program. I installed it, but was wondering how the "push" works. The emails don't show up immediately on my phone - sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes 45. I have the "SMS" box checked as well as "Use SSL". Is there a good way to set it up to get blackberry type performance? btw my outlook account reads "listen" all the time.
    This should be moved to my forum...

So can you contact me at support@chatteremail.com, and let me know who your carrier is? It sounds like either your carrier or your network don't support push (if it were working, mail would be coming in seconds every time.)

Marc
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Marc,

Any word on Chatter for Cingular users yet?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <moved>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast