Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I'm stuck with T-Mobile because of a corporate account. Currently I have a Treo 600. Love it but want to upgrade. Mine is getting old and tired, limited memory, slow speed, weak camera etc. etc. No upgrades available thru T-Mobilie to 650 or 700p. The way I see it my choices are: I can a) buy an unlocked 650 on the "outside" b) wait and see if the 700p ever comes out unlocked but no EV - DO etc. but I could be waiting forever c) stay with the 600 and hope that a new solution arrives. Any insight would be appreciated. Its very frustrating.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by successm
    I'm stuck with T-Mobile because of a corporate account. Currently I have a Treo 600. Love it but want to upgrade. Mine is getting old and tired, limited memory, slow speed, weak camera etc. etc. No upgrades available thru T-Mobilie to 650 or 700p. The way I see it my choices are: I can a) buy an unlocked 650 on the "outside" b) wait and see if the 700p ever comes out unlocked but no EV - DO etc. but I could be waiting forever c) stay with the 600 and hope that a new solution arrives. Any insight would be appreciated. Its very frustrating.
    I too have t-mobile and have no plans to switch. (yes my icon is cingular, the old days) I'd wait to see what the overall feeling about the 700p is. If it it's good, wait for Palm to carry them. (probably more likely than t-mobile). Buy one from them or wait to get them on ebay or something.

    Personally if you really want something now, get a GSM 650 on ebay...

    Jim
    V3i Razr T-mo
  3. #3  
    I've had T-Mobile for a very long time and use an unlocked unbranded Treo 650 GSM. But alas, I want faster data speeds. I don't think T-Mobile is ever going to offer any Treos again and I think it's going to be a very long time before we get anything faster than EDGE from them. I'm looking to switch soon.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #4  
    I was with t-mobile for over 3 years and never really had any complaints. I recently switched to a Sprint 700p and i am happy (so far). I'm actually paying less with sprint than i was with t-mobile and i get more minutes and EVDO. T-mobile is unfortunatley lagging behind the technological curve, i see them stuggling to play catch up with the other companies in the near future.
  5. #5  
    A couple of months ago, they sent a little piece of paper with my bill that said SMS rates were going to be raised. I used that as an excuse to get out w/o having to pay an ETF. Just keep an eye out for anything that will make changes to your contract and you can use it as a reason to cancel w/o paying.

    Oh I see it's a corporate account. Any interest in WM at all? Have you tried the MDA?
  6.    #6  
    I've always liked the T-mobile service quality and coverage. I don't want to leave, but my "thirst" for a good performing smartphone unit is just too important and may force me to leave. Not sure about MDA - what are you referring to?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I was with t-mobile for over 3 years and never really had any complaints. I recently switched to a Sprint 700p and i am happy (so far). I'm actually paying less with sprint than i was with t-mobile and i get more minutes and EVDO. T-mobile is unfortunatley lagging behind the technological curve, i see them stuggling to play catch up with the other companies in the near future.
    They can't afford a high end network because they are paying Katherine Zeta Jones so much
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8. #8  
    Switch to Sprint.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I was with t-mobile for over 3 years and never really had any complaints. I recently switched to a Sprint 700p and i am happy (so far). I'm actually paying less with sprint than i was with t-mobile and i get more minutes and EVDO. T-mobile is unfortunatley lagging behind the technological curve, i see them stuggling to play catch up with the other companies in the near future.
    Same here, except I've been with Tmobile for at least 5 years. I have a family plan with them that doesn't expire till July, but I went and got a Sprint Treo 700P and will pay a little extra for a couple of months. The 700P is a much nicer phone than my Unlocked 650, which was in turn much nicer than the 600. I did not want to wait months and months just to find out that the 700P might not come out at all for GSM. Even if it does, Tmobile won't have any public HSDPA network until some time in 2007. It's been like 15 months since I got the 650, so I really didn't want to wait another 10-15 months for my next upgrade. EvDO makes a world of difference and the 700P just feels a lot faster and more solid than the 650 (let alone the 600).

    Check to see if your company has a corporate deal with Sprint too, they just might. Are you actually in a contract? You didn't say, just that you are on a corporate account. Are you just holding off because that corporate account gives you a discount? If so, check out the plans on Sprint and how they compare, the difference might not be that much for similar services. If you are bound to a contract, you could pay the fee and consider that part of your phone cost, but otherwise, in order to get out of a contract you need to specify some change to it that Tmobile has made that isn't to your liking (as IsLNdbOi mentions above), or that you've moved to an area where reception is unacceptable, that sort of thing. The other option, which I'm not sure would be open to you as a corporate account holder, but who knows, is to use CellTradeUSA to transfer your account to someone else...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I was with t-mobile for over 3 years and never really had any complaints. I recently switched to a Sprint 700p and i am happy (so far). I'm actually paying less with sprint than i was with t-mobile and i get more minutes and EVDO. T-mobile is unfortunatley lagging behind the technological curve, i see them stuggling to play catch up with the other companies in the near future.
    Ditto!
  11. zrs70's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #11  
    But for those (like me) who want travel oversees often, Sprint just doesn't do as well as T-Mobile.
  12. #12  
    I really like T-Mobile and still have a perfectly good Treo 600. I will update to the GSM model of the 700p as soon as/if it becomes available. The data and voice plans on T-Mobile, not to mention the great customer service, are too good to jump ship from. Especially with some extra-great grandfathered plans from the Voicestream days!

    Andrew
  13. #13  
    Sometimes Customer Service makes the decision for me and with T-mobile I get the best. I have been able to try all the networks thanks to the 30 day California law. Yes Verizon and Sprint have better networks, but when you call for help the people who pull through is T-Mobile. So, they are owned by ex Nazis, but who cares. Sometimes you have to look past the little things in life.
  14. dessa's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #14  
    I've got T-mobile and the family plan. We are all very happy with it and will not be switching. I bought my Unlocked 650 from Palm[One] and had no problem getting it on the T-Mobile network. I'm hoping for a GSM 750p, although I might skip that generation (get one for my wife) and stick with the 650 until an Access/Linux version (in spring 2008?)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    I really like T-Mobile and still have a perfectly good Treo 600. I will update to the GSM model of the 700p as soon as/if it becomes available. The data and voice plans on T-Mobile, not to mention the great customer service, are too good to jump ship from. Especially with some extra-great grandfathered plans from the Voicestream days!

    Andrew
    Makes sense, but the REAL question is how long will it be before there is an updated model that we can use on T-mobile. If there will be something in the next few months I'll wait... but if it's a year or more I've got to do something now.
  16. #16  
    It's going to be quite a while for T-mobile to see anything new from Palm. You're probably going to have to wait for an unlocked version of whatever the next GSM treo is going to be. That's probably pretty far off.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  17. #17  
    i personally dont think there will be a 700p for gsm. there will be a gsm model, but i fear it will be with that other o/s.

    i'm on t-mo without a contract, so i can leave anytime i want (and taking my number with me). But, I'm going to wait and see if I'm wrong about the o/s.

    If i were toswitch, I think I will go to spprint for the cost of their data.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i personally dont think there will be a 700p for gsm. there will be a gsm model, but i fear it will be with that other o/s.

    i'm on t-mo without a contract, so i can leave anytime i want (and taking my number with me). But, I'm going to wait and see if I'm wrong about the o/s.

    If i were toswitch, I think I will go to spprint for the cost of their data.
    That and the price of the SERO plan (through this month anyways).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  19. #19  
    Felipe - your avatar is my treo 600! I still have one from Handspring, and it is performing perfectly. Of course I'd like the better screen, the faster blazer, and all the rest, but I am waiting to see if a POS 700p is released for GSM. I will have to think hard if there isn't one on the horizon. I can wait a few months, but 'til the end of the year is a bit much. Not that I have any problems with the 600 - it is performing flawlessly, thank goodness!

    Andrew
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonmat
    Sometimes Customer Service makes the decision for me and with T-mobile I get the best. I have been able to try all the networks thanks to the 30 day California law. Yes Verizon and Sprint have better networks, but when you call for help the people who pull through is T-Mobile. So, they are owned by ex Nazis, but who cares. Sometimes you have to look past the little things in life.
    You'd think since they were owned by ex Nazis that it would be a superior network with first bids at any treo on the market?
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions