1.    #1  
    I tried searching the archives, but on the few times it didn't crash on me, I was unable to find any similar information to my current problem. Sorry if it's a repeat that I overlooked.

My Treo 650 was airborne as I was leaving the office on Wednesday. I guess I hadn't clipped it properly into the Proclip holster, and, as I was 2 steps from a landing, it flew out of the case, fell ~7 feet (4 vertical & 3 horizontal), skipped over a ledge, hit a window, then fell another ~3 feet. The battery cover, stylus, and SD card all came off/out and landed near the initial point of impact, but the battery and Treo fell a little further.

Luckily, the unit appeared undamaged (screen was still pristine, if a little dustier) and started normally when I reinserted all the parts, and calls made and received over the next few hours seemed fine.

However, on two occasions, yesterday and today, when I have spoken with my wife, she says the connection sounds awful even though it sounds fine to me. One call was in a location where no previous quality issues had been raised, and was landline to my cell, the other was cell to cell (different carriers) while I was on the street.

Since she is the only person reporting issues, I am not sure what to think. The fall was no minor impact, and I wonder if anything could have happened to the microphone connection. I have not used my BT headset since the fall, which could help to narrow the possible problem areas.

Is there any way that I can confirm whether there has been damage to the microphone? Signal strength seems normal, and there are no sounds of parts rattling inside the case. Additionally, all other calls I have taken have not reported any issues with sound quality coming from my end (no questions of "is this your cell?").
    Record some messages to yourself on voice mail or use SoundRec. Replay the messages and see how they sound. You can tweak microphone sensitivity with VolumeCare too. No other things I can think of to help. If your phone is still under warranty, you could always swap out for a refurb.