Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please forgive me if this information is already posted in the bazillions of threads that already exist.

This is a 2 part question:

1 - What is the best Remote Desktop Access program that includes file transfer for the PalmOS?

2 - What is the best app from question #1 that already proven to work on the 700p.

Any information you can give is greatly appreciated. I did a search of Palmgear but every app seems to be old and lack file transfer support. The only app I found with file transfer is Win-Hand and it has a monthly subscription fee. I will go that route if it is absolutely necessary but I would much rather find an alternative.

Please help!!!
    good question BigTreo! I have been using PalmVNC 2.0 on my 650 for a year now and its proven to work really well. I tried 2.0 on my 700p and for some reason i cant exit out of the program no matter what button i hit. Maybe you can give it a try and let me know if you have the same problem.
    Freeware Download Link: http://palmvnc2.free.fr/stable/PalmVNC.prc
  3.    #3  
    Have you tried holding option and pressing a hard key?
    thanks bigtreo... that did the trick, but its still kind of weird that you have to do that to exit the app Have you tried this on EVDO yet? (im curious to see how fast it is compared to regular vision)
    I'm using MobileTS and works great under terminal services
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Palm VNC and Mobile desktop (like Windows Remote Desktop) are great. For file trsnsfer, the easiest thing to do is setup IIS on your pc and use Blazer to download files. Also there are several ftp clients. You'd probably have to set up dns to go as well. Any servers runinng are also most likely a violation of your ISP TOS agreement. (not that that has ever stoppped me...)
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    z3bum... what other FTP clients do u know of? should i try ezFTP? (and yes, i have a dns setup) thanks
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't if it works on the 700p, but I use vfsftp+ on my 650. There's also smbmate, but I think it has a different name now.
  9.    #9  
    I used VFSFTP on my T600. Don't know if it's compatible with the 700 but It was great back then. Again it doesn't seem like alot of the FTP programs have been updated.Which ones work well on the 700p?
    I wish i knew : / anyone try any FTP apps on the 700p?
  11.    #11  
    Well just to let you guys know. I have a logmein subscription that I use with my PCs and laptop and also my 700w. I was kind of looking for a solution like this where one program would work with diffferent devices. I don't mind paying for a subscription service if all my devices are supported (wouldn't need to support the 700w obviously).

Anyway, I decided to try logmein just to see if it would work. On a PPC device when you go to logmein.com you get a mobile version of the website and proceed from there. On the 700p you get the real version of website which is fine and you can proceed through all of the logins just fine. When you are fully logged in you only get a file transfer option which seems to work fine. I am going to email these guys to see if/when they will support remote control from PalmOS.

I guess I could just setup to apps on the 700p (one for remote control and the other for file transfer). Then setup another app for PC to PC access. Does anyone know a PC to PC access program that let's you login from any pc with web access. Now that I think of it this actually may work from the 700p as well.
    Avvenu is pretty cool...and free! I believe you can access files on up to 4 PC's.
    I installed avvenu - but when I go to the share.avvenu.com page on the treo blazer browser - it keeps telling me to enable javascript and cookies - and these are already enabled on treo !! - Any Help with this ???
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I like EZRemote. I don't think it has file transfer, but I'm not sure, since I use Avvenu for file transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    I installed avvenu - but when I go to the share.avvenu.com page on the treo blazer browser - it keeps telling me to enable javascript and cookies - and these are already enabled on treo !! - Any Help with this ???
    Post your exact browser settings. All of them.

Also please send the URL you are trying to connect to.

EDIT - Try clearing your cookies cache.
    dude, perry showed up in the 700s! I miss you <3
    Browser Settings:
    wide page mode
    normal mode; unchecked - auto complete; disable cookies; disable javascript
    memory limit for storing pages - 8mb
    cookies 2k - cleared cookies
    cache 389K - cleared cache
    clear cache on exit - unchecked
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    url trying to conect to : https://share.avvenu.com
    Remote Pc - shows Avvenu for Palm connected
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast