1.    #1  
    Ok, I have read through a ton of threads and now know that the Treo 650 cannot support Voice Dialing from a Bluetooth headset. Obviously this is very disappointing. To be honest it kind of makes me wonder why I wasted money on the BT headset (the headset does support that feature btw).

Anyway, can anybody elaborate on "why" this does not work on Treo 650's? I am kind of interested to hear the background on this issue.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Probably the same reason none of the Treos have wifi... Palm doesn't want them to.

Joe
    I'd say it's because Palm doesn't trust their own software. Instead of passing digital audio between the GSM/CDMA chipset, the analog converted audio is routed to the bluetooth chipset. So, the only thing PalmOS has to do when making a call via BT is set up the link and wait for any button events (hangup, etc).

Since the BT audio is never passed to the main CPU in a digital fashion, the apps that listen for voice commands can't hear what you're saying on your headset.

Maybe Softick's work on PalmOS-side SCO audio support will lead to a good solution.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I dont think voice dialing works from the wired head sets on the treos either, I had a Samsung i500 that supported both!
    Terry
    Terry,

Install the voice dial software from the Treo CD (or download a newer version from Palm Support.) Plug in the earplug-microphone that came with the Treo and give it a shot.

Surprise! It Works!j
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    I think he was talking about voice dial over bluetooth not via a wired headset.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrioTreo
    Terry,

Install the voice dial software from the Treo CD (or download a newer version from Palm Support.) Plug in the earplug-microphone that came with the Treo and give it a shot.

Surprise! It Works!j
    Realy, I thought you had to activate the program from the phone I just know when I tried it I said the name like 5 times and it never did recognize it so i gave up never did get far enough to check the wired head set.
    Thanks
    Terry
    For something particulary griping get yourself a bluetooth dongle (the inexpensive Jabra A210 will do nicely). Plug it into your T650, pair your bluetooth headset with the dongle. And, Voila, you can voice command your T650 via bluetooth. Fact is Palm could have, should have (maybe even would have) but didn't.

Assuming, of course, you have installed the voice dial software.

Deputy-Dawg
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    cool.

you still need to trigger voicedial on the phone, though, correct ?
    No, you can trigger voicedial from the bluetooth headset. That is why it is so annoying, as I said Palm could have, should have (maybe even would have) but didn't.

Deputy-Dawg
    The 700p doesn't support it either.
    So is there something in the bluetooth stack that could be modified by a developer to accomodate this feature?