1.    #1  
    Please excuse the stupid question but I just upgraded from a handheld m500 to a 700p. I can't figure out a way to download my calendar from my m500 to the 700p. I was able to copy/paste my contacts, and figure it must be due to having 2 'users'. Should I combine the users into 1? If so, how do I do that?
    sync the m500 to your desktop first.

then from the desktop, sync the 700P
    Clean install:

Change the numbers from "600 ==> 650", to

"500 ==> 700P"

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry

If you want to keep two userids going and keep the 500 running, as well . . . . create a new userid for the 700P and just beam your PIM data over to it from the 500. (Select Beam category, then select all . . . you should be able to do this for Contacts, Calendar, Appointments and Memos.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/02/2006 at 08:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Perry -

Are you still w/o 700p? I got mine on Tuesday and I have been very happy with the overall performance. The biggest difference to me is SPEED. In an EVDO area the speed is fantastic and in a 1xrtt area the 700p is still faster than the 650.

I must say that after all of your entertaining posts during silly season, I am going through withdrawl w/o your commentary on the 700p.
    LOL -- they overnighted it to my billing address (arriving yesterday -- across state) rather than my current work address.

Monday. . . . . Monday.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Thank god Now we'll have some entertaining commentary next week for sure. Let me know what apps don't work for you. So far I am successfully running Chatter, Ringopro and LudusP. I've used LudusP to remap the green send button with the menu button, and the menu button is remapped as a shift key, thus emulating the 650 setup. I've gotten a few resets, but nothing too bad.

LOL until monday.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Clean install:

Change the numbers from "600 ==> 650", to

"500 ==> 700P"

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry

If you want to keep two userids going and keep the 500 running, as well . . . . create a new userid for the 700P and just beam your PIM data over to it from the 500. (Select Beam category, then select all . . . you should be able to do this for Contacts, Calendar, Appointments and Memos.)

Cheers, Perry
    I'll have to try the clean install later. Thanks. In the meantime, I tried to beam the datebook from my 500, but got an error saying that certain copy-protected apps can not be beamed b/c they have a locked icon. Anyway to get around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pseto
    I'll have to try the clean install later. Thanks. In the meantime, I tried to beam the datebook from my 500, but got an error saying that certain copy-protected apps can not be beamed b/c they have a locked icon. Anyway to get around this?

This 500 is the Palm 500 pda, right?

They're right -- you can't beam the application. Go into the datebook app, hit menu -- under one of the options ( under RECORD on my 650) -- should be beam by category -- select all and let her run (after you line up the infared ports) -- make sure beam recieve is 'on' on the 700P. You are beaming the appointments over -- not the application.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/02/2006 at 09:19 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This 500 is the Palm 500 pda, right?

They're right -- you can't beam the application. Go into the datebook app, hit menu -- under one of the options ( under RECORD on my 650) -- should be beam by category -- select all and let her run (after you line up the infared ports) -- make sure beam recieve is 'on' on the 700P. You are beaming the appointments over -- not the application.
    Yes, its the Palm m500 pda. When I go to menu, I only see Beam Event, not Beam by Category. When I try Beam event, it says I must have a record selected to perform this command. Does this mean I have to select every single appointment? I tried Edit, Select All, Copy, and this didn't work either.

Sorry to be so 19th century, but I'll be up and running soon
    Quote Originally Posted by pseto
    Yes, its the Palm m500 pda. When I go to menu, I only see Beam Event, not Beam by Category. When I try Beam event, it says I must have a record selected to perform this command. Does this mean I have to select every single appointment? I tried Edit, Select All, Copy, and this didn't work either.

Sorry to be so 19th century, but I'll be up and running soon
    Drat. I am not sure when they added the Beam by Category option to the PDA line up. It was on my Tungsten T3.

I am not at home right now -- so I can't look at my Palm Desktop -- but I remember reading that you can use the Desktop to "copy" data from one userid to another.

The clean install, however, does move all PIM data to the new device -- moving your 500's userid to the 700P, as well -- it doesn't bring over 3rd party apps -- which you want to install fresh onto the 700P anyway. However, you lose you 500 userid in this process -- it is now the 700P's userid.
  11.    #11  
    ok thx. i tried looking around the desktop and couldn't find a way. If you do figure out something, please let me know.

Thx