Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So does anyone have a opinion on the Holux GPSlim236?
    I just downloaded Mapopolis' beta for the Treo 700p. It works, but it seems kinda unpolished compared to TomTom (which doesn't work yet). I do like the text-to-speech feauture on mapopolis, I think that is handy.
    it seems to work ok just around where i live but does anyone have any cons about the new tomtom bluetooth nav5 most reviews sound great. And yes I did look and did a search just would like some more up to date info thanks
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    I just downloaded Mapopolis' beta for the Treo 700p. It works, but it seems kinda unpolished compared to TomTom (which doesn't work yet). I do like the text-to-speech feauture on mapopolis, I think that is handy.
    Like I mentioned above I just bought Mapopolis, I went for the download version rather then the card, for what I use it for I think that will work just fine, I was little miffed about the address look up I couldnt even get it to find an address that I was looking at on the map, broke down and read the instructinos that fixed every thing, it is rather simple once you know how it works, personily I like the program, I looked at TomTom but was not impressed with the price, and as long as it gets me where I want to be that is all I am looking for.
    Terry
    Can anyone tell me why the Tom Tom 5 package that has everything included is $299, but the Globesat and the Oncourse are only $209? They both have the same software correct? All have WAAS? Can anyone tell me which of these three is best ? They are on this site:http://www.buygpsnow.com/tomtom-bundles_116.html
    I got the Seidio G2350S and that included TT5, Sirf III GPS, charging cradle, winshield mount and vent mount for $249.
    I've been using Mapopolis for the better part of two years, but am really searching for another solution. Mapopolis works, but constantly having to load maps into seperate directories to keep the memory usage down is a pain. I know that the newer Navcard is supposed to address this, but Mapopolis for the Palm appears to be essentially EOL'd. It greatly lags behind the features of the Windows Mobile version, as well as any other mapping programs out there. And I'm not really keen on having to swap out cards whenever I want to use the GPS.

But I'm not sure I want to go with a Treo based solution. I'm thinking that a standalone may be a better option.

Anyone have any input on the software that Garmin and TomTom offers in their units? What about the quality of the TomTom standalones vs. Garmin? I know Garmin is an established brand but that TomTom is an up and comer.
    If you will be in range of the data system Telenav is incredibly cheap and it works like a charm.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123