Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    So I just switched over to sprint (from verizon), picked up the new 700P, took it home. I was surprised palm included a scren protector (yea i'll get a boxwave or brando) and headset earphones (i think you can listen to music with these).

Anyways i turn it on and WOW, the screen is a lot more yellow and not as crisp in color saturation as my old Treo 650.

It is a disappointment. I guess i'll just have to get used to it, eh?
    i guess i got lucky, mine looks BETTER than my 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    So I just switched over to sprint (from verizon), picked up the new 700P, took it home. I was surprised palm included a scren protector (yea i'll get a boxwave or brando) and headset earphones (i think you can listen to music with these).

Anyways i turn it on and WOW, the screen is a lot more yellow and not as crisp in color saturation as my old Treo 650.
    I think mine actually looks slightly better, but not noticeably so. Interestingly, I didn't even open the earphones that came with mine. I was so used to getting useless crappy one-ear headsets with phones.
    Try increasing the brightness on the screen. Some might be shipped with different settings than others.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Mine has a slight reddish hue. It's fine, looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    Mine has a slight reddish hue. It's fine, looks very nice.
    Ditto...looks like i have to get use to it... i really liked the 650's LCD
    Apparently the phone has a dim and bright setting to choose from. I too was dissappointed when I received and the phone's brightness seemed lackluster compared to my 650. When I toggled to the bright setting I noticed it now was on par with the 650's brightness. I'm sure it's mentioned in one of the threads but you press the "shift" button (button that let's you type in numbers or symbols) and then the menu button. That allows you to toggle between bright and dim settings. Then of course you can choose more specific settings with the brightness button on the right top of the keyboard.
    Some are getting different comparison results because on the 650 there were 2 different screens. 1 had a redish hue and the other had blueish hue. The 700 compared to the blueish hue screened 650 is way different. I have one of the blueish 650 and I like it. I've seen the redish 650 also from previous replacements and it is very similar to the 700. So some will probably say the 700 is better than their 650. I went through about 4 replacements with the 650 because I wanted the blueish screen. I hope they will have the same for the 700.
    Forget about the color, my screen is even worse. I'll be using it and the screen suddenly goes really dim (the keyboard remains lit). I try to adjust the screen brightness. The bottom 25% of the slider does nothing to the screen brightness (it does affect the keyboard though). This happened for the first time, while i was using the treo, while it was charging so i did notice that it was a bit hot. Anybody else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    My screen looks pretty good. But sometimes it gets dim. Yesterday the screen completely shut off. I don't know why. I had to reset and still nothing. I thought my Treo died.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    My screen looks pretty good. But sometimes it gets dim. Yesterday the screen completely shut off. I don't know why. I had to reset and still nothing. I thought my Treo died.

my 650 used to shut off after a while if i was on the phone talking and chargin it at the same time , also if its been left in the sun too long, i believe it does this by default if the treo is getting too hot
    The screen on a new Verizon Treo 700p looks a little redder than on my Treo 650 GSM, but it's probably a more accurate white. The 650 is slightly bluer than a pure white. It's probably about the same brightness also. It looks great to me, you can only see the difference in tint with them side by side, otherwise it looks fine.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I've also noticed under sunlight in an angle the screen produces rainbow streaks on the screen. its more obvious when the screen is off. my 650 doesn't do this.
    My 700P screen is a brighter "white" in the background than my 650. My 650 has a "bluer" background. I like this "whiter" background much better.
    My 700p is also a brighter white, compared to my 650 blue background as well. My 700p is noticably better than my 650's. Perry you finally got a 700p?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    My 700p is also a brighter white, compared to my 650 blue background as well. My 700p is noticably better than my 650's. Perry you finally got a 700p?

Yup.

In set up process as we type. So far, so good. Have not encountered the slowness yet, or the screens of death.

(It's nice to wait a week and read up on all the going's on first.)

Cheers, Perry.
    The screen on my 700 is brighter than my 650 was, but I had to increase the brightness. Out of the box it was set in the middle.

Also, for some of you who are experiencing your screen going dim, there is a setting that causes this to happen after a certain period of time. Simply change the setting and your problem should be solved.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!