Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just got my 700p and i must say i'm enjoying the increased speed of evdo. i'm still getting used to where the menu button is located... although i am a bit disappointed at how verichat keeps disconnecting/reconnecting but i'm sure that's something pdaaps guys are working on.

anyways, the main question is --are there any realtors here that have successfully installed supra ekey onto their 700p's and gotten it to work?

after putting an auth. code in, i can't get it to sync... in the settings portion there should be a menu to choose PC-Internet or Wireless for the sync method (i see it on my 650) .. but i'm only seeing PC-Internet. is this related to EVDO and how it connects?

just wanted to see if i could get some responses before i call them tomorrow.
    You have to set up your bluetooth wireless link with your 700 and your pc first. Set both your computer and your 700 so that they are discoverable and then search for devices in windows "bluetooth devices". It should detect your Treo with your hotsync name. Click add and it will prompt you for a password. Once you do this a screen will pop up on your Treo. Just enter the same password. Once this is done the go to hotsync and hit the arrow next to cradle/cable. You will then see your computer listed in the selections. Click it and then hit the hotsync button.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Please forgive the ignorance, but does this allow your Treo to be used as a key on infrared boxes only, or is there some type of cradle like the old ekey? I currently us the standard Supra displayKey and work in the Washington D.C. area. Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmphreak01
    You have to set up your bluetooth wireless link with your 700 and your pc first. Set both your computer and your 700 so that they are discoverable and then search for devices in windows "bluetooth devices". It should detect your Treo with your hotsync name. Click add and it will prompt you for a password. Once you do this a screen will pop up on your Treo. Just enter the same password. Once this is done the go to hotsync and hit the arrow next to cradle/cable. You will then see your computer listed in the selections. Click it and then hit the hotsync button.

i'm talking about the ge supra ekey application syncing with my MLS's database. not my palm syncing with my computer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    Please forgive the ignorance, but does this allow your Treo to be used as a key on infrared boxes only, or is there some type of cradle like the old ekey? I currently us the standard Supra displayKey and work in the Washington D.C. area. Thanks!
    yes, this software allows your treo to be used as a key on the infrared lockboxes . there is no cradle required for smartphones as it is supposed to update every night wirelessly via 1xRTT (sprint treo 650).

my original question is whether or not someone has gotten it to work on their 700p. i know it already works on my 650. . .

i would check with the MLS you belong, if they have this available.
    Sorry roykim, I misunderstood your question.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Thanks
  8.    #8  
    as there are many realtors using the treo platform for the eKey i'm sure there's bound to be people running into the same problem i am.

i just got off the phone with GE Supra and they said that they haven't even started testing the 700p to see what modifications need to be made to the software. i also have news that the 700w has been decertified because of the problems they've been having with the windows version.. sooooo....

hopefully they get on their asses and work on it asap.

unfortunately i sold my 650 so i think i'm probably gonna need to buy a used palm pilot to use as my key in the meantime.

this sucks.
    ok, I tried all hinds of hacking trying to copy a wireless profile onto my 700 from my 600 Nothing worked, then this morning I did a HotSync & then got a full data download with Roster, listings, showings etc. I was shocked. Run ekey still says-you need to perform a esync. dang. so I delete all supra software with a clean install & try again... nothing. I think I am close to getting a cabled sync.
    I am having the same issues obviously with ekey but I kept my 650 just in case and do a cable sync to keep it up to date since my 650 doesn't have cell service any more. Has anyone figured out how to update ekey wirelessly from the 650 though the 700p? Or is this just an impossibilty? I tried pairing the 2 phones and then setting up the 700p as a modem but can't make it work.

Thanks and lastly can someone post it here if Supra does find a fix for this issue.
    Just spoke with GE on the 700p and they said it could be 2 or 3 months out since they are having major problems with the 700w that they are working on fixing that first. Oh well, maybe there will be a firmware update or 2 that takes care of some of the other 700p quirks out by then too. The waiting game sucks...
    I ordered the 700P when it first came out. When it arrived I loaded the Supra software. It did not work. Supra (GE) has not tested the 700P yet, and I am sure they will have to make some modifications to the software in order for it to work. So, I returned the phone and I am still using my 650. I really want to get the 700P...but I guess I will have to wait. I got the name of the person at GE who supposedly is in charge of the testing of new devices. He has been on vacation but is due back next week. If I find out anything from him next week I'll post it here.
    GE also told me that they were currently working on the 700w since they needed to fix it because they had had it on the supported list already and they are trying to support the users that pruchased it while it was on the list. Once they get that 700w fixed they would focus on the 700p. The 700p is probably a very simple tweek for GE to make since the 650 is the Same hardware other than the modem and memory. It is even the same operating system as the 650. I assume the fix is very minor so I wish they would work on the p before the w since the w is going to be a mess since everthing is new from the Windows side for them and their experience is very limited with Windows as well. It may take them months to fix that problem when they could probably fix the p problem in hours or maybe a day or 2.

Please post anything that anyone finds out from Supra.

Thanks.
    just got off of phone with supra, they still do not support the 700p - however the 700w download is now on their site. They have no clue when it will become available. but suggested to keep checking their website for the download.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotalk
    just got off of phone with supra, they still do not support the 700p - however the 700w download is now on their site. They have no clue when it will become available. but suggested to keep checking their website for the download.
    THANK YOU for the update! I really love the broadband compared to the 650, so I didn't give back my 700p, either. I think the phone reception is more powerful, as well, than the 650. Still, I carry a Motorola 8something for most my phone calls. It will be amazing to carry just one gizmo for everything - now I'm up to 4 with the DISPLAY KEY as the 4th. Keep us posted EVERYONE on WHAT YOU HEAR & Find out RE TREO 700P and SUPRA ekey UPDATES!!
    Update - just recieved email update from supra. Engineering anticipates 2 weeks for release of 700w & 700p IF they go through final testing, otherwise it could be a longer. keep checking the supra site under compatable devices.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Just curious. How much does your Association charge you per month for the "conveience" of using your smartphone as your ekey. In Minneapolis it is between $18-25 per month (plus tax, of course). As for the 700p. No one in our Association has any idea when the 700(W or P) will actually work.
    We just did a conversion to the ekey in Minneapolis, and there's still no good update on when (if?) they'll get it to work with the 700.
    i called supra yesterday, tec. said that they were waiting for a patch from palm on the 700w. the 700p is still in testing.
    I just talked to a tech yesterday and she told me that Supra has come to the conclusion that they will not support the 700p or the 700w. Their are too many issues to resolve and that they no longer have any plans to continue testing the 2 models.

Sean Thompson
    Bainbridge Island, WA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast