Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. JJL
    For those of you that want MP3 ringtones, mRing, as well as many of the other MotionApps, have been updated to work on the 700P. You can download from here: http://www.motionapps.com/downloads.jsp

FWIW, I am a big fan of mvoicemail. It allows you to open voicemails that have been forwarded to you in e-mail, if your corporate VM provides that capability.
    mring made my 650 unstable, way back when.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I just downloaded and installed this software. Been using it since my 650 and have not had any problems since the first version and was glad to see a 700p update. It took my previous Reg code with no problem. I did have one problem w/the new version and sent this to motionapps:

I have a 4 gig sd card w/my ringtones on it. When I go to select SD card the software bounces back to system tones without displaying the contents of my 4 gig card. When I put an older 1 gig card in my phone the software finds and recognizes it and allows me to choose ringtones.

The current workaround is to have the ringtones in the same location on both the 1gig card and the 4 gig card. Choose the ringtone on the 1 gig card, remove it and replace with the 4 gig. It then works fine and finds the mp3 file on the 4gig card.

Either it can't read the directory from the 4gig card or the number of mp3 files I have in there exceeds some preset list size in their software. I've got 708 files and 32 dirs in my audio directory on the 4 gig card.
    I'm a big fan of mRing. Hope it will be as stable with the 700p as it has been with my 650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    fyi

remember if you can convert your rings to aac you don't need a 3rd party app.

treo 700 supports native aac ringtones.
    do a search for

aac + itunes

if you want to read about it. works great!
    It's still nice to be able to assign rings to groups!

Thanks MApps!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    do i need a sd card to put ringtones on my 700p. I even used Itunes and converted my mp3 songs to AAC and i still cant add them through the palm desktop software. Can some help me?
    read the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    read the other thread
    what he said

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115697
    The new version (3.3.3) gives me resets every time I try to set the ringtone to a file on the SD card. Once it froze instead of resetting.

Not ready for primetime!
    Anyone Try LightWav Pro?? I'm very interested in this.
    Why do you need it? The phone already does AAC/MP4 ringtones.
    why would someone want to put itunes on their computer if they didn't have to? dbpoweramp can do it just as easy.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    why would someone want to put itunes on their computer if they didn't have to? dbpoweramp can do it just as easy.
    itunes is a great full-featured audio player
    it's free
    lots of people have ipods
    dbpoweramp doesn't run on a mac

There ya go
    "If you don't have to" was my point. Lots of people have players other than ipods and don't have macs. For those that don't, you really don't want to download itunes just to make some ringtones.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    itunes is a great full-featured audio player
    it's free
    lots of people have ipods
    dbpoweramp doesn't run on a mac

There ya go
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    "If you don't have to" was my point. Lots of people have players other than ipods and don't have macs. For those that don't, you really don't want to download itunes just to make some ringtones.
    of course...but if you do have it....
    well duh. you almost sound like an ipod fanboy.

of course...but if you do have it....
    well duh. you almost sound like an ipod fanboy.
    no dufus...

my point follows....

if you have itunes installed you may as well use it.

Just out of curiosity what's your IQ?
    what is this, a pissing match? you're the one that felt the need to comment on what a wonderful program itunes was like I was trashing it or something. All I was doing was explaining people don't need it if all they are going to do is convert ringtones. get a grip.

no dufus...

my point follows....

if you have itunes installed you may as well use it.

Just out of curiosity what's your IQ?
    what is this, a pissing match? you're the one that felt the need to comment on what a wonderful program itunes was like I was trashing it or something. All I was doing was explaining people don't need it if all they are going to do is convert ringtones. get a grip.
    I'm all out of urine...you win

Anyone can read the thread progression.

best,

DT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast