Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    fyi

remember if you can convert your rings to aac you don't need a 3rd party app.

treo 700 supports native aac ringtones.
    do a search for

aac + itunes

if you want to read about it. works great!
    Well, I've been able to download AAC ringtones and they get stored in the MIDI DB file and appear as ringtones but show up locked and won't play. Anyone have a solution for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Well, I've been able to download AAC ringtones and they get stored in the MIDI DB file and appear as ringtones but show up locked and won't play. Anyone have a solution for that?
    beats me...mine showed up locked and do play. I used resco explorer to unlock them anyway.

Sorry I can't help
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    well duh. you almost sound like an ipod fanboy.
    Kneejerk iPod haters can be just as bad as fanboys. Looks like you're the one that needs to "get a grip."
    beats me...mine showed up locked and do play. I used resco explorer to unlock them anyway.

Sorry I can't help
    I can't find the file once it's downloaded as a ringtone. Do you know where it's stored (presumably in RAM). I've got Resco explorer and I can't see it anywhere.
    go to your "sounds" application
    is mRing better than Ringo? I believe Ringo was updated to work for the 700p.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    is mRing better than Ringo? I believe Ringo was updated to work for the 700p.

Al
    FWIW, I prefer mRing over Ringo as it's more flexible in terms of the ability to assign tones to individuals, contact categories AND groups of incoming calls (known, unknown, etc.
    "The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory."<br>e-sword
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    fyi

remember if you can convert your rings to aac you don't need a 3rd party app.

treo 700 supports native aac ringtones.
    do a search for

aac + itunes

if you want to read about it. works great!
    Dutch -

I tried this and I couldn't load the AAC file onto the Treo. I ripped a CD in itunes and it saved as an .m4a file. When I tried to save onto my treo through email it would only let me save to the SD card, which you can't access from Preferences/Sounds on the Treo. I also tried to install to RAM through a hot sync, but the Media manager won't accept a m4a file. Any suggestions - I must be missing something?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Well I tested this out tonight; I downloaded a WAV from here...
    I imported it into iTunes...
    Used iTunes to convert it to 32 kbps AAC file (which gave the file a .m4a suffix)...
    Then I used this site to send it to my phone.
    Downloaded the file fine, and yes, it does show up in my ringtone list with a "lock" icon next to it.
    However, I was able to assign it to a contact just fine, and it rings just fine when that contact calls me!

So far I am happy with this.

I guess some good advice would be to keep the ringtone short (and the file size small.)
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    what is this, a pissing match? you're the one that felt the need to comment on what a wonderful program itunes was like I was trashing it or something. All I was doing was explaining people don't need it if all they are going to do is convert ringtones. get a grip.
    jeese buddy, you're just looking for a fight! get over yourself and stop harrassing people that are here trying to help other people out!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    my ringtones defults to the "known caller" and not the one i have set to the individual caller. Am I doing something wrong

700p 2 days old
    Travis
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12