1.    #1  
    I've read a couple of threads where people were having problems with SnapperMail using up more and more memory as time went on, sort of like a memory leak. Does the latest version of SnapperMail still have this issue?
    I have been using Snappermail without any issues at all. I am running I believe it is 2.3.4.01 enterprise edition. I use it to check gmail and my corporate email.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    version 2.3.2.01 enterprise works fine too even getting ready to stick it into a custom rom (bye bye versa-snail)
  4.    #4  
    Only thing I don't like about Snapper is that installer. Why can't they just give us the actual .prc files instead of the installer you sync onto the Treo.
    How many times do you install SnapperMail? I pretty much could not care less how I have to install it less ... unless it works (which it does, flawless for me at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've read a couple of threads where people were having problems with SnapperMail using up more and more memory as time went on, sort of like a memory leak. Does the latest version of SnapperMail still have this issue?
    I have used snappermail all the way to the latest edition and noted that there is a significant increase in snapper RAM file size even when you store all your messages on your card. Maybe it is small if you have only a few messages but if you have a couple thousand, it is a sizeable chuck of space on your RAM.
    I contacted technical support for snappermail, and they told me that there was supposed to be about 40 bits/message on the RAM for SD messages on the card. But what I had was much more than that, so I suppose it was a memory leak.

I finally switched to Chatter, there is a small increase in RAM memory when you have messages on the card, but I think it is only like about 2 bits/message.
    In ChatterEmail, there are 32 bytes in RAM for each additional card-stored message. I believe that is far less than SnapperMail.

Marc