1.    #1  
    Today is day 1 with the 700p and I've just about gotten back up and running in the last 30 minutes or so. But I've just noticed a minor problem getting my PT Deluxe registration code to stick....

It actually 'sticks' just fine with just about all possible P-tunes launch methods (Palm Launcher, Z Launcher, Favorite button and Quick Key)

The one I'm having trouble with is my old antiquated quick launcher (Co-launcher) which I have assigned to the side button + letter combination. Is anyone else out there still using Colauncher (or another similar type) who can verify this is happening to them? It seems that Colauncher is somehow launching the ROM version of PTunes, deleting the registration preferences, and then actually loading the updated one from RAM (version # in that scenario is 3.1.5. Once I've launched it that way, all other launch methods lose the registration code as well and need it reentered.

It's not the end of the world, (I can always launch it using a quick key from the phone app, get a new quick launcher, or go straight from zlauncher) but I thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts.
    I just ran into this problem. I got my new 700p on Saturday and just tried installing the Deluxe pTunes today. I emailed CoLauncher support today. I hope they respond, but I somehow think it is a Pocket Tunes problem and the way they're handling how their application opens up.

I'll post with more info if I figure anything out. Thanks.
    same problem here with 700p. I enter code a tunes runs fine for awhile & then it asks for code again. all my other saved preferences are fine just not with ptunes...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I just ran into this problem. I got my new 700p on Saturday and just tried installing the Deluxe pTunes today. I emailed CoLauncher support today. I hope they respond, but I somehow think it is a Pocket Tunes problem and the way they're handling how their application opens up.

I'll post with more info if I figure anything out. Thanks.
    How can it be a Pocket Tunes problem if the only way the app does not keep the reg info is by being launched with CoLauncher? It sounds like CoLauncher is the cause of the problem.
    I do not have colauncher & I still have the problem
    The reason why I suspect that it's Pocket Tunes is because I think they have a poor way of handling how it runs the RAM application rather than the ROM. The fact that colauncher is able to access the ROM version somehow when the RAM one "overwrites" it is something I'd not seen before. When I use colauncher, the 3.0.9 splash screen pops up and I get a Please Wait dialog box, even though the actual app reports that it's version 3.1.8 from the About Pocket Tunes menu screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    How can it be a Pocket Tunes problem if the only way the app does not keep the reg info is by being launched with CoLauncher? It sounds like CoLauncher is the cause of the problem.
    yup! same problem here. Please let me know if you can figure it out. I gave up!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlatty View Post
    yup! same problem here. Please let me know if you can figure it out. I gave up!
    I had this issue when using WinLauncher. It seems that WinLauncher can't manage having the ROM version on the device and a registered Deluxe version as well. I gave up on using WinLauncher.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Has anyone emailed Pocket Tunes with the problem? Pocket Tunes comes bundled on the 700, right? My registration wouldn't stick with the bundled version included on the 680, so I emailed Pocket Tunes. They emailed back right away and fixed the problem...
  10. ct1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Has anyone emailed Pocket Tunes with the problem? Pocket Tunes comes bundled on the 700, right? My registration wouldn't stick with the bundled version included on the 680, so I emailed Pocket Tunes. They emailed back right away and fixed the problem...
    What was the fix? I have the same problem with coLauncher (which I love BTW -- much better than the 'modern' launchers...)
    Does it loose the registration information after a reset or db cache clearing? I have not had this problem at all. You can lock it in to memory using Resco Locker (free) (http://resco.net/palm/locker/default.asp) and see if that helps. Also if the device is unstable, take a look at Reset Doctor (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php).

My Sprint Treo 700p has been rock solid since week one with the exception of just short of a week's worth of resets from db cache problems last week. I took the time to do a hard reset and installed the applications individually and am back to a stable device; I installed Uninstall Manager first - good excuse for starting over.

Ben
    I often find TreoCentral users very knowledgeable and quick to answer, not that PocketTunes support isn't (haven't dealt with them yet). I like to find my answers through the forums and not bother the tech support team if possible. They probably have enough other things to work on. If it comes down to it, I will email them though...

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It works fine if I use the normal applications hard button program and click on pTunes (which probably most non-power users do). It's those of us who use launchers (and I guess some others who don't) who get this problem. No reset or db cache clearing necessary to cause the registration loss, just start up the app using CoLauncher, that's it...

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Does it loose the registration information after a reset or db cache clearing? I have not had this problem at all.
    Ben
    I use ZLauncher. I suggest locking the application (mine is not locked) and also locking the saved preference file (mine is locked). See #11 for the links. Ben
    Tried the locking, doesn't keep registration...

I updated to the new Sprint 1.10 ROM. No luck there, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I use ZLauncher. I suggest locking the application (mine is not locked) and also locking the saved preference file (mine is locked). See #11 for the links. Ben