Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I assume you are talking to me? I waited very politely until I got to the counter. Then I politely asked questions and politely disagreed. When the "salesperson" (and I quote that because they didn't earn the right to be called a salesperson) even questioned my credit, I just politely said no thanks. I was polite for whole 45 minutes I was there.

I was relaying my impressions not how I acted. And no offense, but if you were flirting with a girl while ignoring customers (as opposed to flirting when no one else was waiting) then (no offense) but you are a jerk. Salespeople are there to help customers, not have fun themselves. That's why they are paid. Even people who act like jerks (which I was not) are customers. The salesperson job is to help them, not ignore them in order to inflate their own egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Iím sorry if I sound rude, but I think the whole thing fell apart because of the way you handled things.
    I once worked at best buy and I absolutely hated those stuck up Mr. more credit cards in their wallets than my teeth. They always just seem self centered and require that every employee notices them.
    Let's face it, Sprint or Best Buy wish that were true, but not everyone can get that kind of attention.
    Yes it's true if they were flirting with a girl and not paying attention to you. I remember I used to do stuff like that.
    Guess what? Those times of flirting actually made my day better. They took off some of that pressure that those "mr. notice me I'm here and I know more than you" put on me.
    Does that mean I was bad at doing my job or an absolute *****? No...I donít think so.
    You have to be cool about the whole situation. Had you been nice to the sales rep. I think he would've done his best to help you. Or at least go another rep to help you. Then who has two reps helping him? It was going to be you.
    You know retail wasnít much but if I learned something, It's patience and how to deal with people. Communication is everything. I agree that not all sales reps are that way, it's certainly possible to get more out of the rep that you did. Things just didnít go smoothly. Again i'm not trying to be an A.. to you but take this tip from me and you will get much better service from retail/sprint stores.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You are a Jerk...No offense???

How can calling someone a jerk not be offensive??
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I assume you are talking to me? I waited very politely until I got to the counter. Then I politely asked questions and politely disagreed. When the "salesperson" (and I quote that because they didn't earn the right to be called a salesperson) even questioned my credit, I just politely said no thanks. I was polite for whole 45 minutes I was there.

I was relaying my impressions not how I acted. And no offense, but if you were flirting with a girl while ignoring customers (as opposed to flirting when no one else was waiting) then (no offense) but you are a jerk. Salespeople are there to help customers, not have fun themselves. That's why they are paid. Even people who act like jerks (which I was not) are customers. The salesperson job is to help them, not ignore them in order to inflate their own egos.
    ...as someone who makes a career out of retail I can tell you that unfortunately those situations happen. They shouldn't, but they do. I LOVE my job (keep saying it DOOM, it'll make it true ) but I can tell you this. If I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't quit. I'd stay for probably a month just to eff with the customers for awhile.
    As far as Sprint stores go, well, no offense to Dragon or anyone else at Sprint, but the way their system is set up lends itself to crappy CS. Taking my friggin' name when I walk in like I'm at a doctor's office? Then making me wait 45 minutes to talk to someone no matter how busy (or not) the store is? Ugh. It's just plain stupid.
    A good friend manages the closest store to me. I went in to see him one day and they took my name even though I told them it was a social call and to just let him know I was there. 15 minutes later they still hadn't told him!!! I waited just for ****s and giggles to see what would happen. At 30 I texted him and he sheepishly came out of the back.
    Assinine system.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Our store doesn't have a "host" but I readily agree Sprint Systems leave a lot of room for improvement. RMS crashed yesterday (Friday) and we couldn't take payments...on a friggin FRIDAY!!! GRRR

I sent 2 activations away.

I'll readily join in bashing systems, I get a little irritated when people Bash the whole Company or CSR's individually. Sprint is aware their systems need to be better and ARE working on it, but in the mean time we all suffer...including our customers.

I take no offense to your comments Dr.Doom. As a RS employee you understand better than most, in fact I almost always agree with you.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    The sad part is, most people with expensive toys are the ones with the worst credit. You need to get off your high horse about the BMW and him questioning your credit. They have to do it to everyone-
    I see both points of view. Business is business and when you go to a place of business you should expect to get reasonable service and knowledge. That's when the other point of view comes into play. People are people, no matter where you are or what the situtation, you are going to encounter employees who do not put "professional" in their jobs when it counts, with customers.

I used to be a Circulations Manager for an upscale Washington magazine and I would sometimes put irritated callers on hold when they got on my nerves and rant that their neighbor had gotten their magazine first. LOL, I was young, immature right out of college, needless to say I didn't have that job for long.

So sometimes you get a hit, and sometimes you get a dud, but when you can manage it, you do tend to get more with sugar than vinegar.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I see both points of view. Business is business and when you go to a place of business you should expect to get reasonable service and knowledge. That's when the other point of view comes into play. People are people, no matter where you are or what the situtation, you are going to encounter employees who do not put "professional" in their jobs when it counts, with customers.

I used to be a Circulations Manager for an upscale Washington magazine and I would sometimes put irritated callers on hold when they got on my nerves and rant that their neighbor had gotten their magazine first. LOL, I was young, immature right out of college, needless to say I didn't have that job for long.

So sometimes you get a hit, and sometimes you get a dud, but when you can manage it, you do tend to get more with sugar than vinegar.
    What natural disaster caused Maryland and Myrtle Beach to be merged???
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    We live in MD and have a vacation home in MB.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let's give all front line people a break -- they are not idiots -- they are our sons and daughters trying to work a job. Just because they have not spent their life on this forum does not make them idiots.

Cheers, Perry.
    Well said, Perry; although I find the local Brentwood, TN store frustrating because it's always so crowded, I've found the people there to be very friendly, and in the case of this store, fairly knowledgeable. I also happened to notice that most of the employees sported Treos.

I empathize with anyone who has a job where there's an unending stream of impatient customers; it's the same as going to the post office here. It's always crowded, there are always people in line, so there's not much incentive to work faster.

My advice to anyone wanting a new Treo from Sprint is to pick up the phone and order one; they ship overnight. I ordered Friday night, and will have it Monday morning. Can't beat that, especially with the great upgrade deal they gave me.
    Iím sorry if I sound rude, but I think the whole thing fell apart because of the way you handled things.
    I once worked at best buy and I absolutely hated those stuck up Mr. more credit cards in their wallets than my teeth. They always just seem self centered and require that every employee notices them.
    Let's face it, Sprint or Best Buy wish that were true, but not everyone can get that kind of attention.
    Yes it's true if they were flirting with a girl and not paying attention to you. I remember I used to do stuff like that.
    Guess what? Those times of flirting actually made my day better. They took off some of that pressure that those "mr. notice me I'm here and I know more than you" put on me.
    Does that mean I was bad at doing my job or an absolute *****? No...I donít think so.
    You have to be cool about the whole situation. Had you been nice to the sales rep. I think he would've done his best to help you. Or at least go another rep to help you. Then who has two reps helping him? It was going to be you.
    You know retail wasnít much but if I learned something, It's patience and how to deal with people. Communication is everything. I agree that not all sales reps are that way, it's certainly possible to get more out of the rep that you did. Things just didnít go smoothly. Again i'm not trying to be an A.. to you but take this tip from me and you will get much better service from retail/sprint stores.
    Very well said. Courtesy will get you everywhere.

I've heard people slam the French for years and years; when I was there, I was polite, attempted to speak French as much as possible, and found French people to be as polite, if not much more polite, than many Americans I've dealt with. It's not the country, it's not the store, it's how you treat people. It works every time.

My two bits...
    you don't souund rude you just sound like you should not work in customer service. the company puts you there to give the customer the best experience possible. if it sounds like something that does not stroke you right and you feel like it's a burden. work somewhere else.

if you are playing games with the customer. i.e. flirting with a girl or doing something else when you could have been helping the customer you should be fired.

I say that next time you go into the store, you go in as a hot teenage girl. Shame on you for being anything else. Don't blame the Sprint reps. It's not their fault they were more interested in her than knowing anything about the phones/plans/helping you out. You obviously must have interrupted their drawn-out flirting session, and you should have known better. If you go in next time as a hot teenage girl, however, this should remedy the situation. Hope that helps.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Folks,

I called the number on sprintpcs.com and ended up getting it for $220 with a $35 discount on the first bill and unlimited TV. data, text, etc. for $15/month.

In addition, she promised me (during the recording) that the 2200 minute plan for $109 with 2 phones would be discounted and additional 25% down to $85 or so. I'll have to follow up on that.

She was located in Argentina, but very nice.

It was my second call -- the first guy said it would be $649 - $150 discounts. I let him goÖ.

Glenn
  14.    #34  
    Because I trying to do it as politely as possible?

The reponse was irritating because it:

1.) Assumed I went in as a jerk and was rude. I was not, I tolerated their waiting and incorrect information about their own products. I was very irritated by them, but I didn't treat them as they treated me.
    2.) Justifying ignoring customers in order to make themselves feel good or have more fun on the job. This isn't someone who should be working at this kind of job. Sadly, many are like that. It's one thing to have an experience like this, but it's another to defend this kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    You are a Jerk...No offense???

How can calling someone a jerk not be offensive??
  15.    #35  
    It's one thing to have to check the credit. It's another to insist on it when it's clear that I'm not buying it that night. Even when I said thanks, but I would need to think about the price of phone, he wanted me to stop and get a credit check. He really got to the point of starting to badger me about when I decided to leave the store.

Funny, but the people at the Verizon store didn't act this way at all. Want to guess who sold a phone and who didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by poopsie
    The sad part is, most people with expensive toys are the ones with the worst credit. You need to get off your high horse about the BMW and him questioning your credit. They have to do it to everyone-
  16.    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I say that next time you go into the store, you go in as a hot teenage girl. Shame on you for being anything else. Don't blame the Sprint reps. It's not their fault they were more interested in her than knowing anything about the phones/plans/helping you out. You obviously must have interrupted their drawn-out flirting session, and you should have known better. If you go in next time as a hot teenage girl, however, this should remedy the situation. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12