1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried adding a background image in Zlauncher? I keep getting a "Memory: out of space. (Mem 0102)" message. Can someone else try it out to see if it's just me. BTW, I'm using a Jpeg image with jpglib installed...

Thanks.
    Works fine on my Z71, Using 320x320 jpg images with jpglib. What size are your images? Might be a problem if they're larger than 320x320 (don't know if Zlauncher scales to fit the screen or not).

I'll let you know how it turns out when I get my 700P tomorrow
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  3.    #3  
    I never had a problem until I got my 700p either. I'm using a large image, but I don't think that's it. I've used images straight off the internet before and never had a problem. Zlauncher is usually able to scale them down. I'll try to resize it and see what happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    I never had a problem until I got my 700p either. I'm using a large image, but I don't think that's it. I've used images straight off the internet before and never had a problem. Zlauncher is usually able to scale them down. I'll try to resize it and see what happens...
    Don't know how Zlauncher handles scaling; if it does it dynamically (real-time) like Win32 (2k, XP, Server 2k3, etc) it wastes processor cycles doing so and will slow your device down, so it might be a good idea to re-size to 320x320 anyway for optimization reasons.
    Excuse my ignorance, but I just got zlauncher and I don't know how to add a background image....please help!

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    Excuse my ignorance, but I just got zlauncher and I don't know how to add a background image....please help!

-t

Open the Menu bar, Tab => Tab Properties

on the bottom of the screen you will see "BackImage:" and a box. Touch the box and it will pull up a screen that will allow you to select any *.jpg you have in memory
  7.    #7  
    Looks like I was wrong. When I resized the image it worked fine. I could have sworn I did it with standard size images before, but I guess not.

I have another question now... I seem to have accidentally deleted (hidden) a program and can't get it back. I went into the "Info" section of my "calc" application (hold stylus on icon, select "info" from popup menu). One of the options on the info screen is "Hide". Well, I "hid" and now I don't know how to bring it back. Messing with "hide/unhide tabs" doesn't do anything.

Thanks again...
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    Looks like I was wrong. When I resized the image it worked fine. I could have sworn I did it with standard size images before, but I guess not.

I have another question now... I seem to have accidentally deleted (hidden) a program and can't get it back. I went into the "Info" section of my "calc" application (hold stylus on icon, select "info" from popup menu). One of the options on the info screen is "Hide". Well, I "hid" and now I don't know how to bring it back. Messing with "hide/unhide tabs" doesn't do anything.

Thanks again...
    No problem

You can access the file from the built-in file manager. Just tap-hold the file to open the info tab again to uncheck the "hidden" flag and hit save. It won't appear again until you select "Refresh Apps" from the "Options" menu in Zlauncher.

I use a "hidden" tab (same screen where you open the "backimage" selection) to hold all the junk/bundled apps that I don't want to deal with (Calc, Notepad, Expense, & Worldclock on my Z71; I imagine I'll have more on the 700P tomorrow) The "hide/unhide tabs" hides and unhides any hidden tabs as described above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight

Open the Menu bar, Tab => Tab Properties

on the bottom of the screen you will see "BackImage:" and a box. Touch the box and it will pull up a screen that will allow you to select any *.jpg you have in memory
    Where do I need to put my jpg files in order for them to show up there?

I currently have a jpg file on my memory card.....

Thanks!!

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p

Thanks!!

-t

I think they need to be in main memory, use the filemanager to move the images to main memory (PalmCard) having the images on the card causes complications when said card is removed
  11.    #11  

Thanks!!

-t
    They need to be in the Palm/Programs/Zlauncher/BackImage folder.
    hey guys i'm new to the treo family .I wanted to how zlauncher has been working on your phone as far as smooth operation(no locking up etc.)I'm thinking about getting this program just dont know which programs are the best and which will work with the 700p.Half of the stuff people post is like jibberish.I know alot about Nextel phones, but nothing on the treo.All help and advice is welcomed.Thanks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    hey guys i'm new to the treo family .I wanted to how zlauncher has been working on your phone as far as smooth operation(no locking up etc.)I'm thinking about getting this program just dont know which programs are the best and which will work with the 700p.Half of the stuff people post is like jibberish.I know alot about Nextel phones, but nothing on the treo.All help and advice is welcomed.Thanks
    Welcome, JWF. Zlauncher has been an excellent program the entire time I've owned it (since the Treo 300), and the developers are very responsive to making sure new devices are supported properly. I haven't had any problems with it yet on my 700, and I'm sure if I run into something it will be fixed quickly.

The only negative thing I've noticed at all so far is that Zlauncher doesn't seem quite as responsive on the 700 as it was on my 650. It's barely noticeable (just a little slower after a tap), but it's there. Still, I'm not sure if it's a problem with Zlauncher or the initial firmware on the 700. It usually takes Palm/Sprint one or two firmware upgrades to work out the kinks.

My recommendation is to download the trial version to see if you like it. The big thing is to really play around with it for a few days. Don't just leave the generic settings. They aren't bad, but you can really get the device looking and acting the way you want if you put a little time into the setup.

Other people have recommended Launcher X as well. I don't have any experience with it, so I can't really say yes/no vs. Zlauncher, but I think they have a trial version too. You may as well try them both if you're going to be putting money down on one of them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. Also, you may want to search the 650 forum for previous discussions on Zlauncher. There is some good feedback on this forum...
    thanks brick jr.I need some serious treo lessons.I freaked out my i870.Quick ?What does force evdo do?Also could you recommend a program that will allow real ringtones. Thanks.I'm using the700p now.This thing is the s*$@.LOL
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    thanks brick jr.I need some serious treo lessons.I freaked out my i870.Quick ?What does force evdo do?Also could you recommend a program that will allow real ringtones. Thanks.I'm using the700p now.This thing is the s*$@.LOL
    I'm not positive, but I think "force EVDO" tells your phone not to EVERY use 1x data connections. In other words, if you're in an area that doesn't have EVDO your phone won't connect to data services at all if you "force EVDO". The only reason you would want to choose that option is if you live on the edge of EVDO coverage and your phone keeps switching between EVDO and 1x connections.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real ringtones". If you mean MP3, then do a search in the forum. I know several discussions have been started regarding the 700p and MP3 ringtones. If you mean standard "midi" ringtones, they are already supported. Just put them in the main "Palm" folder on your device and they should show up in your ringer selections list. Please note, I haven't tried this yet on the 700, but it worked great on the 650...