Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Can any of you 700p owners tell me if you can do data while in a voice session and/or vice-versa? I would really like to know.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Can't do it. The improvement on the 700p is that if you get a voice call while in an EV-DO data session, it'll ring and ask you whether you want to take the call or stay on data. If you're not in an EV-DO area and your data session is the traditional, slower kind (as on the 650), the call will go straight to voicemail. But there's no way to do voice and data at once.
    There has been some debate over this, but the short answer is no. If you want more details, search this 700p forum and there are several threads on it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The reason I ask is because I'm thinkin, how cool would it be to be on the phone with someone and talking about going to the movies, and just open up an app on your Treo and pull up movie showtimes off the net, or get a business number for someone via Directory Assitant or something like that. That would be hot! Oh well, mabey on the next Treo.....
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....