1.    #1  
    I LOVE VolumeCare but there is one Annoying bug that needs to be fixed..

Whenever I dial all of the Rings, Until the line picks up, are blasting loud! I am using a headset and it blows my eardrum out..

I can usually lower the volume after the 1st ring to the preset VolumeCare volume with a single tap down on the side volume button..

Why does it do this?

Yes I have the LATEST version as of today.. But it always did it..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I LOVE VolumeCare but there is one Annoying bug that needs to be fixed..

Whenever I dial all of the Rings, Until the line picks up, are blasting loud! I am using a headset and it blows my eardrum out..

I can usually lower the volume after the 1st ring to the preset VolumeCare volume with a single tap down on the side volume button..

Why does it do this?

Yes I have the LATEST version as of today.. But it always did it..
    I think this is a factor of the headset you are using and/or the initial volume setting you have configured for the headset jack. I have tried this may different ways and can not reproduce a similar condition.

But here is something to check. Do you have Application Volume enabled but do *not* have "Specific Applications" enabled? This might lead to the condition you are experiencing. Let me know.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I think this is a factor of the headset you are using and/or the initial volume setting you have configured for the headset jack. I have tried this may different ways and can not reproduce a similar condition.

But here is something to check. Do you have Application Volume enabled but do *not* have "Specific Applications" enabled? This might lead to the condition you are experiencing. Let me know.

Jeff

Jeff, I just tried a different headset and it does the same thing.. If it helps...

It's a 650 GSM with 1.71 Firmware and 1.20 ENA software. It was a Cingular phone but it is now unlocked.

Also I even disabled VC then lowered the main volume ALL the way then re-enabled it.. Still nothing..

I do NOT have the Application Option enabled on my copy I did not need it. I only paid for the basic version. However that got my to thinking...

Maybe its a disconnect between the basic and advanced versions. It seems that when you dial a call the Phone is sort of Still in Application Mode.. Once the other side picks up it immediately jumps down to the preset volume.

If I interrrupt it after the 1st ring, I can force it to drop to the preset volume..

My guess is that the Application side of it is still an active component even though it has no key entered.

Does this make sense?

Because when I disable VolumeCare there is NO difference in the Ring volume vs. the Answer volume..
  4.    #4  
    Another Curious condition that may have something to do with it and may help you reproduce the problem..

If you are listening to the headset during your normal preset volume and then unplug it from the treo and plug it back in..

the Volume Shoots back up to that spiked level and stays there till you tap the volume button down ONE time.