Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I set the default sync settings to "SYnchronize" for both Contacts and Calander, but every time I sync, they revert back to "Do Nothing"

PLEASE HELP! I don't know where to start!

Thanks.
    You go to calendar, select change, select "synchronize" and then check the box that says "set as default"?
    What version of Windows?
    Did you install the 700P desktop over a prior Desktop? (I think this should be okay.)
    Do you have more than one userid to select from on that PC?
    I was having trouble with the same thing. I could not get my contacts to sync and the HotSync setting kept returning to do nothing. Do you have an Exchange ActiveSync account enabled in VersaMail? Once I deleted that account, I was able to get my contacts to sync. I haven't checked if the settings changed from Do Nothing, but I was able to sync my contacts. I will check when I am back at the machine I sync to.

Blair
    It is that damn Versamail. So if you use an Activesync acct you can no longer hotsync. I could live with that if the active sync on my contacts and calendar worked passed the first time.....
    After having to do a hard reset due to an infinite reset loop while on vacation I am getting the above symptom. Every Time I sync, Calendar and Contacts revert back to "Do Nothing". Thus my contacts and calendar aren't syncing.

I removed my exchange account which was never synching to due to error.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    I wish my work calender would revert back to do nothing.
    I got it working but not sure how. I established my password and did another soft reset.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    I just struggled though 2 hours tonight to figure out why I couldn't sync Calendar and Contacts. Post above is correct. If you've set up a Versamail Exchange account, you have to delete it to get your local sync capabilities back. Plus, my Hotsync Manager crashed 8-10 times during this process. I'm definitely sticking with ChatterEmail !
    Or get PocketMirror if you can't figure it out.
    After much of the same frustrations, using a conduit manager to delete VersaMail, deleting it from my Treo, etc., I tried doing an install of VersaMail - only to find it then gave me a choice of doing a formal Uninstall. Once uninstalled, everything reverted back to local sync and the "Do Nothing" choice revereted to Sync.
    I hope someone might have some advice for this situation:

There are particular calendar events that do not show up after I've synched to Outlook. It seems like for the most part they're quite a ways out (more than a month or two) but yet I have recurring appointments that reach out into the same month(s) that show up. Do the recurring appointments show up that far out because they are just that, recurring? Is there a setting or automatic default as to how far in advance the calendar application will synch to?
    Yes, I am having the same issues! So am I to understand that I cannot use VersaMail and if I do, I will no longer be able to synch my calendar and contacts with Outlook??

By the way, you can disregard that previous post...
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    I just struggled though 2 hours tonight to figure out why I couldn't sync Calendar and Contacts. Post above is correct. If you've set up a Versamail Exchange account, you have to delete it to get your local sync capabilities back. Plus, my Hotsync Manager crashed 8-10 times during this process. I'm definitely sticking with ChatterEmail !
    So I have installed Chatter Email and it is working fine. I have deleted the Versamail via Applications / Prefs and did a warm reset, but the log in my Hot Synch manager still shows the Versamail synching 'OK' and I continue to have the Do Nothing issue. Anything that can help, please...????
    I am having a similar problem. I can't sych my calander contacts or tasks. I deleted versamail and switched to chatter, deleted versamail stuff via Filez but still no luck... any ideas?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(37678)
    whoooooo it works!!! finally.. that was really starting to annoy me...
    So I went into Wireless Sync and attempted to update the settings by checking that box that enables other sync apps and that didn't fix the problem. What's weird is I seem to be synching an email account through the Mail icon in Wireless Synch, I must have set it up when I first got my 700p, but now I can't remove it. I'm seriously considering deleting the wireless synch application, but don't want to do anything in haste.

Any other ideas, please!!?????!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I might have the solution... I have Treo 680 however, and after trying out the Exchange Activesync server email in Versamail, I got the same thing - contacts and calander refuses to sync and no matter what it keeps reverting to "Do Nothing" and of course Hotsync manager will crash after that!

1. Remove the account in Versamail
    2. From Hotsync manager on systems tray, select Custom
    3. Go to Versamail, and delete the Exchange Activesync account in there

Reset both PDA and PC. It did the trick for me.

Good luck!
    It's really annoying that's not easier to do. Even if using the Exchange sync you should still have the ability to back it up to palm desktop (one way sync).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast