1.    #1  
    I noticed that when running from a powered USB hub, my 700p charges even though I've never taken the AC adapter out of the plastic bag. Is there any reason to use the AC charger with the USB cable? Does it charge faster?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I did do a search but didn't find what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfell
    I noticed that when running from a powered USB hub, my 700p charges even though I've never taken the AC adapter out of the plastic bag. Is there any reason to use the AC charger with the USB cable? Does it charge faster?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I did do a search but didn't find what I'm looking for.
    I believe it charges faster, depending on your partilcular USB port.
    Yes, my imac's keyboard usb port is verison 1, the other ports are 2. I can charge on both of them. If I plug into the keyboard I'll get a message that it needs more power, but it still charges.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Yes, my imac's keyboard usb port is verison 1, the other ports are 2. I can charge on both of them. If I plug into the keyboard I'll get a message that it needs more power, but it still charges.
    I did just discover one thing: I bought a cradle and an extra battery, and while the Treo will charge in the cradle without the power adapter, the extra battery will not. So the power adapter is now installed.

I'm on a Mac too, with USB 2 everywhere (except the keyboard). I was plugged into a Belkin USB hub, which is powered.

I appreciate the rapid responses, guys!
    So for those of us without the cradle, is there any reason to use the charger, or is the USB connection enough? Has anyone experiemented to find out if it charges faster with the adapter vs. just using USB?
    I was charging my phone yesterday with just the usb. It didn't appear to charge any slower than with the ac adapter. I noticed a 2-3% increase after about 10-15 minutes. I'm on a pc with ABSplus 2.0 usb ports. I don't know if that makes a difference.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    My Sync cable does not charge my Treo unless I plug the AC charger into the back of the sync cable.

I also have an aftermarket sync/charge cable that works off the USB bus only. It does charge, but not nearly as fast as the AC charger does.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    i bought the retractable usb charger and i mostly use that to charge my treo since im at work all day in front of the pc i charge it that way
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I bought one of these a while back for my 650 and it works wonderfully!! I use 4 AA batteries (I alternate between Duracells and Energizer 2500maH rechargables) and it completely charges the Treo - not once - but as many as three times per battery set!! Mine isn't exactly like this one, but nearly identical. It is nice to have if you use your Treo in long meetings or demos like I do because you can just keep charging instead of depleting and then charging.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1897_103203587

Find it here: AA Battery Charger

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    I bought one of these a while back for my 650 and it works wonderfully!! I use 4 AA batteries (I alternate between Duracells and Energizer 2500maH rechargables) and it completely charges the Treo - not once - but as many as three times per battery set!! Mine isn't exactly like this one, but nearly identical. It is nice to have if you use your Treo in long meetings or demos like I do because you can just keep charging instead of depleting and then charging.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1897_103203587

Find it here: AA Battery Charger

SMEGGIE
    I will have to add this to my shopping list. (I'm sure it works on Sprint too).
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, babe... (My Emeril impression)

Same connector.

SMEGGIE