Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed the radio splash screen mod for the 650 on my 700P, and unlike the 600 version that when installed on the 650 would make you loose your ## functions, it seems ok. Anyone else install a 650 version on their 700P yet? If so, what did you see?

Are there any "offical" 700P Radio on/off Splash Screen Mods out yet?

Example from the 650 versions...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=splash+screen

EDIT: Update-
    With the 650 splash screen mod, I now have my call duration back, the EvDO icon is now a cool green box with "EV" on it and I get my custom splash pictures too (Homestar Runner).
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/06/2006 at 03:29 PM.
    So you just installed the 650 version unaltered from that thread and it worked on the 700p and made the appropriate modifications (i.e. evdo symbol)? That's pretty cool.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    So you just installed the 650 version unaltered from that thread and it worked on the 700p and made the appropriate modifications (i.e. evdo symbol)? That's pretty cool.
    Yes, I just put it on my SD card and used File-Z to move it over.

Like I said, when we used our 600 versions on the 650, we had issues with diags not working, you could not access the ## functions and the funny thing was, people then could not activate their 650's and some were returning them for a replacment 650...

So far so good with the 650 version on the 700P, it does not fix the LED not flashing though...
    I bet once someone looks at the file, they can fix it too and even have two versions to use for Slpash screen Mod, version with or w/o LED flash.
    Bad idea. Have you tried going to the phone settings yet? Option+A You'll probably get a reset.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Bad idea. Have you tried going to the phone settings yet? Option+A You'll probably get a reset.
    Bad idea...
    Only if you press Option+A

I have a copy on my SD card. If I get in a pickle, I can delete it from RAM and then do my thing and re-install it.

Thanks for the heads up though...

Have you found which part of the code you need to change? Let us know when you have it updated.

Regards, Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/06/2006 at 03:58 PM.
  6.    #6  
    So, can anyone tell me if "we" have a 700P version yet, or are we still using the 650 versions?

I did post at Shadowmites site about this too.
    How are you putting files in ROM on your 700 already?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    FWIW, this overlay also removes the pop-up that appears after your calls have ended, telling you their duration.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116491

On the flip side, it makes a record of ALL the durations available in the phone log. That's a standard feature on the Verizon phones. This overlay makes it work on Sprint too.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwflutterby
    How are you putting files in ROM on your 700 already?
    I'm not, I fixed the post. Thanks for poinitng that out! =)
    Could anybody make one with the new Sprint Yellow Splash? I've had an extremely awesome experience with Sprint CS and I would like to keep my Yellow Splash. I just love Sprint.

Thanks,

Al
    Does anybody have a link to a page with instructions on how to make your own Phone_SPCS.prc? Can't find it anywhere... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I installed the radio splash screen mod for the 650 on my 700P, and unlike the 600 version that when installed on the 650 would make you loose your ## functions, it seems ok. Anyone else install a 650 version on their 700P yet? If so, what did you see?

Are there any "offical" 700P Radio on/off Splash Screen Mods out yet?

Example from the 650 versions...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=splash+screen

EDIT: Update-
    With the 650 splash screen mod, I now have my call duration back, the EvDO icon is now a cool green box with "EV" on it and I get my custom splash pictures too (Homestar Runner).

What are ## functions, I read some other post that mentioned ##EVDO# as a function to force EVDO. What and how do you do this. To answer original question, my 650 spash screen was giving me the Green EV box. I took it off because of the resets when choosing phone preferences and then I did not see the green box. I was convinced I wasn't getting EVDO until I realized that each carrier has their own version of EVDO, no EVDO symbols. SPRINTS with no mods are just arrows, up down sideways.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Could anybody make one with the new Sprint Yellow Splash? I've had an extremely awesome experience with Sprint CS and I would like to keep my Yellow Splash. I just love Sprint.

Thanks,

Al
    That will probably be the first offering (that's how it was in the past). The first version looks normal, but has the UI enhancements added (re-activates). Then after that, eveyone goes crazy with adding their own splash screen to it. Reply to the post at Shadowmites site, it may help?

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1435
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    What are ## functions, I read some other post that mentioned ##EVDO# as a function to force EVDO. What and how do you do this. To answer original question, my 650 spash screen was giving me the Green EV box. I took it off because of the resets when choosing phone preferences and then I did not see the green box. I was convinced I wasn't getting EVDO until I realized that each carrier has their own version of EVDO, no EVDO symbols. SPRINTS with no mods are just arrows, up down sideways.
    ## are diagnostic and such screens. Goto the main phone dialer screen and type ##377# or ##377 dial and you will see the last reset.
    377= Err for Error
    so EVDO would be ##3836#

If you have Verizon, the codes start with something other then ## I think.
    Does this anser your question?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs112
    Does anybody have a link to a page with instructions on how to make your own Phone_SPCS.prc? Can't find it anywhere... thanks!
    THIS IS FOR THE TREO650

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=overlay
    Thanks. Learn something everyday. Didn't work any faster forcing EVDO so I switched it back to automatic but at least now I will know how to do this in the future with other codes. Got a list of interesting codes available?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    One thing to note, when you "force EVDO" - all incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. So use with caution.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Got a list of interesting codes available?
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ighlight=codes
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    That will probably be the first offering (that's how it was in the past). The first version looks normal, but has the UI enhancements added (re-activates). Then after that, eveyone goes crazy with adding their own splash screen to it. Reply to the post at Shadowmites site, it may help?

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1435
    I emailed shadowmite on this and I'm waiting for a reply.

Al
    I tried the one for 650 but it makes the voicemail envelope & 1 key look weird. Kind of magnified. Please post the one with the stock splash screen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast