Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I tried the one for 650 but it makes the voicemail envelope & 1 key look weird. Kind of magnified. Please post the one with the stock splash screen...
    I too tried the one for the 650 (with the Treo Splash screens) and got the goofy icons. Then I used Filez to copy the original Phone_SPCS.prc to my SD card. Next I put it on my PC and used PRCEdit to copy the bitmaps from the original Phone_SPCS.prc to Shadowmite's PhoneApp_SPCS.prc. Once I resynced Shadowmite's version, all of the icons worked and my phone also feels a whole lot faster somehow. Now going from the phone screen to favorites and back is near instantaneous. I've attached my modified Shadowmite Phone Screen for your enjoyment.

By the way both Menu + A or using the menu to go to Phone Preferences causes a soft reset. Not sure if there was anything I really need to change in there, but just wanted to mention it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I tried the one for 650 but it makes the voicemail envelope & 1 key look weird. Kind of magnified. Please post the one with the stock splash screen...
    I am useing this one (It's for the Treo650) and I don't think I have the strange VM icon and/or #1 key issue. What do you see when you use it?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=72

how about this one, this one should have the OEM spalsh screen. Does it look funky when you use it?
    http://shadowmite.com/Original%20Plus.prc
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    By the way both Menu + A or using the menu to go to Phone Preferences causes a soft reset. Not sure if there was anything I really need to change in there, but just wanted to mention it.
    Yeah, that's a common issue... seems like using the 650 overlays on the 700 will cause this. Perhaps shortly we'll get a new base set from the Verizon 700 to use on the Sprint 700...

I am interested in the better EVDO icon, the persistent call duration log and better speed... but not sure I'd be comfortable with the phone prefs leading to a soft reset.

I too tried the one for the 650 (with the Treo Splash screens) and got the goofy icons. Then I used Filez to copy the original Phone_SPCS.prc to my SD card. Next I put it on my PC and used PRCEdit to copy the bitmaps from the original Phone_SPCS.prc to Shadowmite's PhoneApp_SPCS.prc. Once I resynced Shadowmite's version, all of the icons worked and my phone also feels a whole lot faster somehow. Now going from the phone screen to favorites and back is near instantaneous. I've attached my modified Shadowmite Phone Screen for your enjoyment.
    Thanks for this!
    Hey thanx for the file. It seems to fix the voicemail icon issue & the spalsh screens are the default ones but now I get a green EV box flashing continuously with those little arrows behind it. With the other splash I would only get the EV box...

does anyone have the original .prc file that shadowmite's replaces? I don't like the resets on my 700 with the hack when going to phone preferences... thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    does anyone have the original .prc file that shadowmite's replaces? I don't like the resets on my 700 with the hack when going to phone preferences... thanks in advance!
    here you go:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nevermind... just deleted the file from RAM... working fine now.
    the flashing EVDO box is a bug. It should be either the box or those little arrows...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint overlay from Shadowmite on my Sprint 700p. I am getting the reset when I try to go to pref and manually remove the voicemail icon on the dial page.

What do I delete from ram to remove the overlay?
    Thanks!
    r
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Sorry, figured it out.
    when you guys talk about changing the splash screen, doesnt Skinner (http://www.79bmedia.com/skinner650700p) do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    when you guys talk about changing the splash screen, doesnt Skinner (http://www.79bmedia.com/skinner650700p) do this?

Not really. I can't believe it's been over a month an there is still no official Sprint Splash that really works on the 700p

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Not really. I can't believe it's been over a month an there is still no official Sprint Splash that really works on the 700p

Al
    could you tell me what splash screen you guys are trying to change?
    rr4him,
    How did you stop your 700p from resetting everytime you access your prefs? Mine is still doing this and I tried to delete Phone_SPCS using filez but it wouldn't let me. Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12