Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    N E 1 notice that WFAN no longer comes up on streamcenter?!?! I cannot access the live broadcast from WFAN.com either. I'm pretty bummed out about this.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    N E 1 notice that WFAN no longer comes up on streamcenter?!?! I cannot access the live broadcast from WFAN.com either. I'm pretty bummed out about this.
    I hit it today while waiting at the airport. Listened to it until take off and for a minute or so in the air. I got it off the streamcenter, just typed wfan in the search box.

Hope you get it to work
    Thanks for the reply. Try it again tonight. I used to get WFAN on streamcenter up until this evening.
    I get the same errors regarding MiniXM--usually after about 20-30 min in my case; Not sure if due to moving from an EVDO error to a 1xRTT area. Usually if just at the gym no issues. Anybody have any luck getting Kinoma to show the "full" minixm info that the website shows its able to display (album art, title, track, ect). Better yet anybody able to stream XM via Pockettunes so we can turn the screen off--I can't find any XM streams on Shoutcast for example.
    thanks,
    D
    ^ good post. ditto that.
    i'm streaming mini xm right now and i'm at 16 minutes and counting...*fingers crossed*

edit: spoke too soon. crapped out at 17 mins. "insufficient bandwidth"...
    I wonder if it is just me...I am having constant insufficient bandwidth when trying to stream videos...even when I use the playboy link on the previous page at the slower 150 setting....I know it is in EVDO mode because I have the blue arrows above the signal strength meter...this seems to happen in a lot of locations...is it just me or is the EVDO slower than promised?
    I've encountered this same problem with the "insufficient bandwidth" error. Choppy video playback, freezes, reloading, then insufficient bandwidth. And I can confirm I'm in a strong metro with excellent coverage (downtown Chicago). I've also noticed my Treo 700p is generally slowing down. This is most noticeable when switching between apps. Is it possible that the system/processor is bogged down or RAM is busy and unable to keep up with the bandwidth or would this simply cause a reset and not the "insufficient bandwidth" message. Techies, where are you out there?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I've encountered this same problem with the "insufficient bandwidth" error. Choppy video playback, freezes, reloading, then insufficient bandwidth. And I can confirm I'm in a strong metro with excellent coverage (downtown Chicago). I've also noticed my Treo 700p is generally slowing down. This is most noticeable when switching between apps. Is it possible that the system/processor is bogged down or RAM is busy and unable to keep up with the bandwidth or would this simply cause a reset and not the "insufficient bandwidth" message. Techies, where are you out there?

BeantownTreo600,

For whatever its worth, I was riding the L (train for those of you not from Chicago) back from the Cubs game tonight and watching the 9th inning via Orb, no choppiness, etc. Again, make sure your system requirements meet the Orb specs and set you settings on both the PC and Treo are appropriate and you should have no problem at all.
    Funny that we are all in Chicago...could it be that the EVDO service in chicago is screwed up?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acura700p
    Funny that we are all in Chicago...could it be that the EVDO service in chicago is screwed up?
    Why? Mine is working great.
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo
    i think the fellas will appreciate this =P

mms://fun1ex1dvideo.playboy.co.uk/playboytv_ch1_150

change the 150 to 500 for higher quality
    Muncheroo - you are my hero for posting this link. I got nothing done for about 2 or 3 straight days and burned many minutes of data transimission - quite happily I may add - BUT, our friends at PB may have caught their open door and slammed it shut whereas I'm getting errors trying to access this link now. Can you still access? Any tips or further info?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    BeantownTreo600,

For whatever its worth, I was riding the L (train for those of you not from Chicago) back from the Cubs game tonight and watching the 9th inning via Orb, no choppiness, etc. Again, make sure your system requirements meet the Orb specs and set you settings on both the PC and Treo are appropriate and you should have no problem at all.
    Thanks Noahas and sorry for the late reply. Don't think I was using Orb at the time. I don't have an account with Orb (perhaps I should though...?). I was referring to other playback apps like Kinoma or just streaming via web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I would love it too if i can download the complete site. It stops at 461kb. Is there a trick to get to this site. I am not able to download main page completely. It just stuck at some point.
    Same thing happens for me. I get to 493.4 k and the page stops loading. Blazer sits there and says Redrawing. I think Treo users have to goto http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    Wide Page Mode is in Menu-->Options. You might have to play around with it but just so you don't think I'm pulling your leg I attched some proof.
    I am able to get this link working. What I did was once the page loads, it seems blank, but there is a drop down menu where you can select categories. I selected All from this menu and was able to get the cnn videos to stream in ptunes. the audio comes through fine but it's more like still images than videp,. where each image changes at a frame rate close to 1 image per 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    From the WFAN thread:
    www.thestreamcenter.com
    Enter a callsign and get the feed (if it exists)
    They actually have a PDA version of this page at http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Try This!

Another one that we forgot about AND that's great for the 700p is www.webjay.org.

Go to this page, www.webjay.org/query on your 700p, select the audio radio button and click search to find the song you want to listen to. You can instantly pull up playlists that include the songs you want.

I tested this and it worked by selecting Windows Media Player from the dropdown menu near the Play This button (couldn't get M3U to work).
    Last edited by chymo; 07/09/2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Thanks for all of the tips. You guys have opened a new world to me. I've never streamed music/video.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    2 of the best are stream center and zoovision - I couldn't get playboy to work
    Anyone know how I can stream a stream to my Treo?

www.streamtvnow.com runs $3.85 a month with some great streams including some MLB and PPV events. I will be watching UFC 61 tonight while filling in at work...

They run M3U through winamp, but that is unsupported (as far as I can tell) on the Treo..
    Last edited by circpro; 07/08/2006 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geezy
    any1 do I have to upgrade to ptunes deluxe to stream from sites like allhiphop.com
    allhiphop.com uses Flash for there music player. Treos don't do Flash, yet.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast