Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    heheh, the streamcenter.com/pda is certainly is cool... but I have to admit I feel a bit strange using it to listen to local stations. (It's like, hey, I've just turned a $650 smartphone into a $7 FM radio!)

Actually, it'll be great to use to tune into stations from other locales.

But what I'm most interested in is streaming internet exclusives. Any recommendations for the best of that breed? There are so many on shoutcast...

And I'm getting a buddy's XM account to try the minixm.com site tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Hmm... these WMV streams sound good, but the minute I go to another app, the music stops. (ie: no backgrounding?) What're the options for backgrounding music?
    www.ovao.com/mobile/home

Tested on two vids. Works even though it will say incompatible device and may not work.

You go to quick download and put in a numeric code from the item you want.
    Chicago Public Radio

www.chicagopublicradio.org/livestream/mp3.m3u

It used to reset my 650, but works flawlessly on the 700!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Chicago Public Radio

What's the best way to load this URL?

In Blazer? (when I do that, Kinoma embedded kicks in, and then says "unsupported media format.")

If I try Kinoma Play 3 EX, Open URL, it says "No audio found."

Don't know how to try a URL in pTunes... I have the bundled version.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    If you want to see what Orb is like and you have not set up your own server, use this link:

http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    For all you Boston sports talk radio fans: WEEI

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/so...m/asx/WEEI.asx

I can tune to this from this link in a web browser. I can tune to this when I cut and paste this into an email and open from the email.

I can't get it to work when I paste the link directly into Blazer....
    Any cluses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    What's the best way to load this URL?

In Blazer? (when I do that, Kinoma embedded kicks in, and then says "unsupported media format.")

If I try Kinoma Play 3 EX, Open URL, it says "No audio found."

Don't know how to try a URL in pTunes... I have the bundled version.
    Go to Pocket Tunes, go to actions and then select Open. In the upper right hand corner you'll see a drop down list, select Internet Audio. At the bottom of the screen you'll see New. Select it and input the address. You'll then be connected and from then on that address will show up under the internet audio page so you won't have to go through all those steps anymore. I also made a shortcut on my favorites page. Works great. Sorry for the delay in responding to you.
    Last edited by Big Tone; 06/08/2006 at 12:52 PM.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    raidioio.com is my favorite... especially the ambient channel.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Go to Pocket Tunes, go to actions and then select Open. In the upper right hand corner you'll see a drop down list, select Internet Radio. At the bottom of the screen you'll see New. Select it and input the address. You'll then be connected and from then on that address will show up under the internet audio page so you won't have to go through all those steps anymore. I also made a shortcut on my favorites page. Works great. Sorry for the delay in responding to you.
    Thanks for the reply, Big Tone. I believe Pocket Tunes Deluxe is required for this. I have the bundled version on my 700p and when I go to Actions -> Open, there is no "Internet Radio" option in the drop down list at the upper right hand corner. This comparison page says streaming audio is only available in Deluxe.

Upgrades are available for $25 though.

I'm assuming you're running the deluxe version. Lemme know if you are and I'll pony up to upgrade too.
    Thanks for the reply, Big Tone. I believe Pocket Tunes Deluxe is required for this. I have the bundled version on my 700p and when I go to Actions -> Open, there is no "Internet Radio" option in the drop down list at the upper right hand corner.

Upgrades are available for $25 though.

I'm assuming you're running the deluxe version. Lemme know if you are and I'll pony up to upgrade too.
    Yes, I have the deluxe version. And when I typed Internet Radio, I meant to type Internet Audio. I definitely think the upgrade to deluxe is worth the money. I've had deluxe since I had my 600.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by videoscraper
    If you want to see what Orb is like and you have not set up your own server, use this link:

http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp

when i try to play the videos on this page, kinoma reports "video file not supported"
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Yes, I have the deluxe version. And when I typed Internet Radio, I meant to type Internet Audio. I definitely think the upgrade to deluxe is worth the money. I've had deluxe since I had my 600.
    Thanks Big Tone. I will check it out!

BTW, cute kid you got there. And congrats on your graduation.
    Choose the 3gp option, #3, not the first 2
    Last edited by videoscraper; 06/08/2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Too far from the post
    I don't know if anyone mentioned www.1club.fm
    It's kind of big to load so if you're not in evdo you prob don't want to go there (took me about 12 seconds in evdo). and only streams in kinoma but has some awesome stations I haven't been able to find anywhere else. It also has great videos that I'm able to stream with no prob.

I listen to www.radioprank.com (connects back to the stream in pocket tunes) constantly - it's a station where they do 24/7 phone pranks. I'm not sure how to get ahold of the actual address to punch into pocket tunes but in that web addy you can hit the link that takes you to the 'play' button and it will start streaming.
    Chicago Public Radio

Hmmm, when I load this in pTunes, it just hangs at "Buffering" forever...no stream.
    Boo... I'm using deluxe so... Too bad - I want to be able to listen to 'BEZ when I'm out of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by itchi23
    Hmmm, when I load this in pTunes, it just hangs at "Buffering" forever...no stream.
    Boo... I'm using deluxe so... Too bad - I want to be able to listen to 'BEZ when I'm out of town.
    I know sometimes the connection attempt times out, but if you retry it should go through. I just tried to connect and it timed out, but I then I did the followong:
    menu>actions>open>Internet Audio>Chicago Public Radio link

It then connected with no problem. If that won't work for you, try going to chicagopublicradio.org directly. You'll see two options. Click the MP3 Live link and see what happens.

I used to listed to Detroit Public Radio in the mornings because they still have Ed Gordon (Chicago dropped him after about 6 months). DET was great on the 650, but is very choppy on the 700. There are also other NPR links on Shoutcast: http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Thanks Big Tone. I will check it out!

BTW, cute kid you got there. And congrats on your graduation.
    Thanks for both compliments!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast