Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435
    I NEED HELP PLEASE

I have Centro and tried using the PhoneInterfaceLibrary DUN Hack on it and now the phone part of the phone does not work.
    I have sprint , my phone does load up after 1 or 2 rebooting itself but the phone part does not come up. when I try to turn on the phone part it will reboot and come back with the phone off. tried it with bt off and on

please help

How can I undo the hack
    Shame on you for trying a 700P hack on a centro

Delete the file PhoneInterfaceLibrary from RAM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Shame on you for trying a 700P hack on a centro

Delete the file PhoneInterfaceLibrary from RAM.
    yeah sure shame on me...
    I got it from a thread that said 755 and centro in the title shame on the person listing it...
    anyways all is good and I am at work and the phone is not acting funny.....
    p.s. there was no such a file in ram just on rom
    Didn't literally mean that (shame on u part). It may very well work on a Centro. I have a 700P and have never researched it for Centro.
    Strange that the file wasn't in RAM. Makes me think it wasn't installed correctly. On install, did you copy it from SD card to RAM as this is the correct way to do it?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Iinstalled resco then sync the file to sd card
    then copied it to ram
    as soon I did that it got disapeared from everywhere

then I reboot my phone and there was a program called update tether
    so I clicked on and problems started

CENTRO acts like a ***** when it comes to Bluetooth DUN

I am very disappointed...
    I just wanted it to connect to my Tomtom GO GPS

oh well
    Please help...
    So previously I loaded this great hack onto my Treo 700 and tethered without any issues. I later did the big ?rom change from 700 to 755, also courtesy of this site. I figured this hack wouldn't work anymore, but today we found ourselves in need of internet access. I tried, and actually sucessfully tethered! The big question is, will Sprint start charging me? I noticed after a couple of miinutes that there was a new icon...right by the bluetooth icon was a little LAPTOP icon...obviously the phone can tell I'm tethering. Will I be hit with a bill? Does this mean the hack is meant for 700's only, and there's something inherent in the 755 that can tether AND detect it so that Sprint can charge me for it? Please enlighten me!
    Is this about not buying a Sprint PC Card?

If so, what are the advantages besides saving $60-100 dollars for the card? I'm not understanding the big picture here.
    Last edited by positron; 05/19/2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I've been using my 700p tethered to pc as backup for internet for years and it has worked fine until last week when I could not get connected. As part of troubleshoot, I called #777 and got recording that this number is no longer in service. Is that a normal message when it is working? Is there a new number? Has something changed? Did a software update screw it up?
    Did sprint shut it down?
    I'm no longer able to do it with my Blackberry either. But I can still do it on my HTC Touch Diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETjumps View Post
    I've been using my 700p tethered to pc as backup for internet for years and it has worked fine until last week when I could not get connected. As part of troubleshoot, I called #777 and got recording that this number is no longer in service. Is that a normal message when it is working? Is there a new number? Has something changed? Did a software update screw it up?
    Did sprint shut it down?
    Calling #777 will result in a recording like you describe. I'm still able to tether my Sprint 755p with the hack (in Minneapolis).

BTW, I do not use the Sprint Business Connection Software.
    cool!!!
    So just to recap what I've been through:
    Installed this on a Treo 700 with Sprint. Worked well with Mac Mini from approx 2007, one of the first MBPs, and a Dell from work using Win XP professional. Followed steps from Internet on Air (HUGE THANKS again to you all!)

Didn't need it for a year or so, and in meantime, turned my 700 into a 755 using the instructions here, and also did a hard reset and rebuild using backup buddy.

Tried again recently, and it stopped working. Not sure if it was the 755 part, the hard reset part, or both. I could see that the bluetooth turned into a little computer on my Treo, the data arrows moved for about a second, but then after awhile, on the computer, it said something about my modem settings. I even went through the hassle of calling Sprint and getting my Vision password, since previously, it'd connected with no password needed. Tried it with the password, and still no luck. Tried everything Trevor suggested on his site, and nothing.

Did a 3 hr google search, found some good info to determine that my current copy of phoneinterfacelibrary was the original, not the hacked one, and jumped through some hoops to get another copy of resco explorer (cause filez doesn't work with this), and reloaded the hack into my RAM. Reintroduced the phone to the computer via a new bt pairing, and now it works great! Did it with both the mac and the Dell, and both are running smoothly!

A couple of things I learned: 1. it's ok to see both the original file AND the hacked file in the RAM using filez.
    2. Original file size is 95,220b Hack 1 (which I have) is 95,744 and I guess a newer hack (I don't have it) is 95,170. I think this is the only way to tell what you have.
    3. I guess Backup buddy doesn't back this up and restore it automatically, after a hard reset. Good idea to get a copy of Resco explorer and keep the phoneinterfacelibrary.prc hack in your SD card.

Sprint's low, low rates, my treo keyboard, and this hack are the primary reasons that I haven't jumped to an iphone like my husband, or even upgraded to another Treo. I may have to start stockpiling treos, in case something happens to mine. Hope someone gets some use out of this info...good luck!
    Thanks for the update.
    -S
    Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but...

Is it possible to tether an iPod Touch 3GS to a Treo 700p use the Treo's Sprint internet connection to browse the net on the iPod Touch?

USB Modem app still works well with a Windows laptop, so I assume at this point I just need to figure out how to point my iPod to it.

I've connected my iPod Touch to a bluetooth keyboard, but the relevant settings page seems to pertain to keyboards only. I tried jailbreaking, but so far haven't come across any jailbreak-specific app or widget that might be helpful.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I don't think so. I don't think you can use bluetooth on a stock ipod for a network connection, just keyboard.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Came back to this thread to explore that very thought. I am still able to tether my treo 700p to my mbp via bluetooth, for those times when sitting somewhere where wifi not available.
    However, I cannot connect my phone via bluetooth to my ipad. They see each other (as of the ipad 4.3 update), but ipad says my phone is not a supported device. I guess I need the ipad to be able to dial #777 and use the phone as a modem, much like what my mbp does. Does anyone know of an app that would do this? I'm guessing on the ipad end, since my treo is probably no longer supported.
    Ok, success! I can report that jailbreaking an ipad 1, then loading and running the ibluever program ($5) works tremendously with my treo 700p over bluetooth DUN! Now all i have to do is start buying up old treos, since they're no longer supported. Of course, they're so old, i'm not charged the $10 "smartphone" fee, either. I am truly a happy camper!
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Wife won't let me jailbreak her iPad, or I'd try that out. Wonder if I can find a way to tether my Blackberry Playbook with my Treo 755p...
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Even though this thread is old as the hills, I thought I'd chime in. I tried this hack with my Verizon 700p and it works fantastic. I haven't tried with my laptop because I have a work-supplied 3G dongle but it did work with my TX. I would always get Verizon's nasty message on my Blazer but not anymore! Small note, I use *99# even though it's CDMA. Now if anybody has any concrete info as to whether this works on a Centro.
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435