Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435 LastLast
    Does anyone know whats the difference between using #777 or using only your "phone@?.net" login
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    FWIW I reinstalled the hack after the MR on my 700 via BT transfer from my lappy and it didnt work. I kept getting the #678 error msg like a few of you too.

I reread this thread searching for that error and found I had to install it via filez or by Resco Explorer.

Up and running now... thanks folks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Im now running into disconnection problems everytime my Treo goes into hibernation.

How did you guys work around this?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hello. Hopefully someone can help. i've successfully downloaded and installed PdaNet for Windows Mobile on my Treo 700wx from my PC.

then i switch over to my mac because what i really want to do is use my macbookpro to use my treo as a DUN using BT.

I've paired my macbookpro with the treo 700wx via BT, but it says there are no services available

So my question is how do i get PdaNet to help me in connecting to the net using my treo 700wx?

I've tried using 'internet connection' on mac os, (i'm with sprint)
    * choose sprint vision as the modem,
    * entered the number #777 with my username and password,

But no luck, saying 'Could not open the communication device'
    Quote Originally Posted by deezzer View Post
    Hello. Hopefully someone can help. i've successfully downloaded and installed PdaNet for Windows Mobile on my Treo 700wx from my PC.

then i switch over to my mac because what i really want to do is use my macbookpro to use my treo as a DUN using BT.

I've paired my macbookpro with the treo 700wx via BT, but it says there are no services available

So my question is how do i get PdaNet to help me in connecting to the net using my treo 700wx?

I've tried using 'internet connection' on mac os, (i'm with sprint)
    * choose sprint vision as the modem,
    * entered the number #777 with my username and password,

But no luck, saying 'Could not open the communication device'
    Hey buddy, I was in the same shoes as you are in now. PdaNet requires a windows operating system. So basically it's junk. I use Mobile Stream's USB Modem:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem_wm.html

Just install the cab file on your palm, install the modem drivers on your mac.

Follow the instructions on the website, and you'll be good to go
    does anyone know of a cracked version of pdanet
    I called Sprint for them to give me my Power Vision password, however they said they couldn't. They said it is a computer generated password that they don't have any control or record of. Can I still use this hack if I don't have the password? Thanks in advance!

BTW: I have a treo 755p trying to tether to my powerbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by ms.fashionista View Post
    I called Sprint for them to give me my Power Vision password, however they said they couldn't. They said it is a computer generated password that they don't have any control or record of. Can I still use this hack if I don't have the password? Thanks in advance!

BTW: I have a treo 755p trying to tether to my powerbook.
    You don't need to know your powervision password in order to get it to work... as long as your phone can use the web then the dial up networking with work on your laptop just follow the instructions posted on this thread and you should be fine. You leave the username/password fields blank.

I also had a question for anyone using the tethered hack file and or pdanet/usb modem. I am with sprint and now have a 755p (would post over in that forum but they seem to be lacking this thread) and have noticed a new option on my current usage showing CASUAL USE PCS WIRELESS WEB MINUTES... has anyone else seen this and know what it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    You don't need to know your powervision password in order to get it to work... as long as your phone can use the web then the dial up networking with work on your laptop just follow the instructions posted on this thread and you should be fine. You leave the username/password fields blank.

I also had a question for anyone using the tethered hack file and or pdanet/usb modem. I am with sprint and now have a 755p (would post over in that forum but they seem to be lacking this thread) and have noticed a new option on my current usage showing CASUAL USE PCS WIRELESS WEB MINUTES... has anyone else seen this and know what it is?
    Awesome, thanks for the reply! I will have to try it out this weekend!
    I ran the 1.1 updater on the Treo 700p. I've been able to use to connect using DUN since then. Do I need to re-run the hack to make my usage invisible to Sprint? If so, which part of the heck do I need to re-run?

Thanks.
    I would just to be safe.. I had to after I did the install of 1.10 .. technically you shouldn't be able to connect to it since the update did a hard reset but the hacked file may have been reinstalled if you hotsynced before doing the update.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Anybody having this problem on a Windows XP machine? I've got everything working great. I create my Dial-Up Connection in XP, then connect using #777, no username, no password. No problem with my connection. I disconnect and shut down my PC.

After reboot, if I try to re-use the DUN connection, it logs on and immediately disconnects. It won't stay active no matter what I do.

My workaround is to delete the DUN connection, and recreate it. It logs in just fine. Even allows me to connect/disconnect at will... unless I reboot. Then I have to start the whole process again.

Anybody seen this or know of a fix? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I was charged for Casual Use PCS Wireless Web Minutes when using Bluetooth for internet access for another device. This means that Sprint is aware that you are using your PDA as a Modem without the plan, and these minutes are charged at 0.79/min so hopefully you don't have too many.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emt036 View Post
    I was charged for Casual Use PCS Wireless Web Minutes when using Bluetooth for internet access for another device. This means that Sprint is aware that you are using your PDA as a Modem without the plan, and these minutes are charged at 0.79/min so hopefully you don't have too many.
    I thought Wireless Web was the pre-Vision data plan. I think I saw Wireless Web charges on my 650 in the couple of days before Vision was added to the phone. I also believe that using data on a 700 or 755 without Power Vision (i.e. the old Vision) will occasionally, but not always, cause those charges.

Does your plan have Vision or Power Vision?
    Does anyone know, if after the treo update, does this teather mode still work....& does the update benefit much or any? thank you very much
    yes after the MR it still works. You will have to install it back into ram after the update though unless your back up can restore it better then mine but it doesn't hurt to make sure that its still in ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    I thought Wireless Web was the pre-Vision data plan. I think I saw Wireless Web charges on my 650 in the couple of days before Vision was added to the phone. I also believe that using data on a 700 or 755 without Power Vision (i.e. the old Vision) will occasionally, but not always, cause those charges.

Does your plan have Vision or Power Vision?
    Unlimited power vision
    Quote Originally Posted by emt036 View Post
    This would make the hack or those software packages pretty much useless with a Sprint phone. Did you guys get this charge when using the hack or one of the software packages?

I used PDAnet on occasion and was considering getting USBmodem to pair the 755p with a nokia 770.
    Folks,

If someone can PM me their PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc from the ROM of their NON-UPDATED Treo700p (either Sprint or Verizon), I am going to try to duplicate the hack on the new version of PhoneInterfaceLibrary. Why? This file was one of the ones changed to improve some handling of inbound text messages. I have found my phone to be more stable when sending/receiving text messages without the old hack in place. Assuming some of this is due to improvements in the library itself, it would be prudent to use the new library and just toggle the flag to set tethered mode as was done to the old version of the library.

Why can't I do this myself? I didn't save a copy of my pre-MR ROM!

Note - I don't condone getting free data access. EVDO cell sites ain't cheap nor is the infrastructure to support it. Verizon needs to make money on data so they continue spending money and expanding their network to bring us faster data speeds. That said, I also think it is highway robbery to pay an extra $15 for something I use infrequently. But for those of you who want 8Gb of data to your smartphone with the phone as a MODEM - pay the extra $15.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Can't help you on the ROM, since like you I did not keep a copy of my 1.06 ROM. Good call, this is a very good idea. I was under the impression that the file was the same, but a quick compare reveals that the new library is on 95,170 bytes where the old hack is 95,744. I am still having some occasional phone app delays while making calls. I wonder if that is the hack causing it? My text messaging has been solid as a rock however, I have not seen one pause or freeze while textiing and I do it often. I'm reluctant to uninstall the hack to test since my trial to RESCO is expired and I am too cheep to buy a copy just for this.

A few things to consider as you attempt this. First the hack is not as simple as just turing on the tether flag, I believe that there are also things done to either toggle or not set the flag that notifies the carrier that you are using PAM access. Also, if you can please set the backup bit on the file so that hot sync/backup programs WILL back it up. I have changed my setting with FileZ and it at least backs it up, but I have not found a way (other than RESCO) to install the puppy. Also it would be nice to find a way to be able to install this with FileZ. I was always able to install the hack for the 650p with Filez, however that was a BT library and not the PhoneInterface library, which is probably protected from being replaced?

Also an option would be to just use USB-Modem for both BT and USB tethering. That is what I was doing with my 700p since I got it and also after the 1.10 MR until I ran into some problems and found out that this hack exists. I still use USB-Modem for USB, but like the ability to tether without turing something on with this hack.

To answer someone's earlier question, I have found tethering (both BT and USB) to be much improved and more reliable that before the 1.10MR. Speeds for BT have at least doubled for me and added 100-200K to USB mode. I have to reset my mac BT and phone BT much less often. IF I run into a problem where I can't connect off the bat I just toggle BT on the phone and all is well.