Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    kuyaney and dave75...thanks for the info! I'm feeling more comfortable about the MR update...from the looks of it, more people are having success if you do it using the SD card way.
    So, if I do the MR update and it's successful does the hack work without re-installing the prc hack file? Or, do we have to re-install the prc hack file as described above or do we just copy the old prc file from backup (if it does get backed up).

Apart from bricking the phone, fear of losing the tehther hack is preventing me from applying the MR as it took me a few months to get the hack working!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    So, if I do the MR update and it's successful does the hack work without re-installing the prc hack file? Or, do we have to re-install the prc hack file as described above or do we just copy the old prc file from backup (if it does get backed up).

Apart from bricking the phone, fear of losing the tehther hack is preventing me from applying the MR as it took me a few months to get the hack working!
    I would reinstall it... even when I fully back up everything with Backup manager it doesn't reinstall the hacked file each time I reinstall.. I would just to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cepler View Post
    Any word on using this with the new 1.10 MR on Sprint?
    Mine worked right after doing the MR update. I did have to reinsall the interface hacked file after the update but then it connected right to my Vista home premium laptop.
    <made sticky...too many newbie questions keep popping up>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I would like to know since people having been using this for quite a while now, has anyone seen any malfunctions w there treo's i am a sprint treoo 700p user?? Also since people have been using this for months now, has anyone seen any extra charges on their bills, i thanks you for all the hard work, i don't believe if i pay for a unlimited plan that i need to pay more for dun what does UNLIMITED mean we are still using the same net!!!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    My phone had PAM at one time: I guess that's why I have the original PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc in my phone's ROM. Do I need to edit the ROM to get that out of there before I use Mmastrac's version? Or does the Treo use the RAM copy of a file instead of the ROM one in case of duplicate files? I'm thinking this would affect whether I get data charges when tethered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstdoitt21 View Post
    I would like to know since people having been using this for quite a while now, has anyone seen any malfunctions w there treo's i am a sprint treoo 700p user?? Also since people have been using this for months now, has anyone seen any extra charges on their bills, i thanks you for all the hard work, i don't believe if i pay for a unlimited plan that i need to pay more for dun what does UNLIMITED mean we are still using the same net!!!
    Ive been using it since the beginning of 2006 and use it 4-5 times a month and no charges. I think if you can get it into your ram with no problems then you will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    My phone had PAM at one time: I guess that's why I have the original PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc in my phone's ROM. Do I need to edit the ROM to get that out of there before I use Mmastrac's version? Or does the Treo use the RAM copy of a file instead of the ROM one in case of duplicate files? I'm thinking this would affect whether I get data charges when tethered.

I don't believe you can edit anything like that in the rom. That file goes into your ram and thats it. Pretty much just copy and paste it into your ram and all previous settings should be over written.
    Does this work on the 755p?
    I tried installing it and it sent my Treo into a nasty reset loop.
    What about using it with a Verizon Treo 700p?
    Using 700p on Verizon ROM version 1.10 (got a replacement today)

Tethered patch does work. (posting from tethered MacBook Pro) I simply followed the instructions in the sticky post like I did about a year ago. I copied it via Resco Explorer from my SD card into RAM.

I spoke with a vzw rep tonight and he stated that we should be seeing a 755p in the next month or so. (Anyone excited?)
    I cant get it to install on the 755. Using fileZ it says there "was an error copying stopped". If I use email it tells me "install succesful", and if I send via BT it looks like it works, but it never does show up in RAM.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac View Post
    I disabled the flag that tells them that it is enabled. Merlyn3D tested it without a PAM plan and got his tethered laptop working. Normally this would just result in a failure to connect (as Sprint detects the tethering flag).
    Would you mind explaining how to 'disable the flag that tells them that it is enabled.'? I have my 755 tethered, using the instructions posted here in the forum, but want to be sure it's undetectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Would you mind explaining how to 'disable the flag that tells them that it is enabled.'? I have my 755 tethered, using the instructions posted here in the forum, but want to be sure it's undetectable.
    the hack disables it
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    using the hack i am able to connect using evdo speeds on vzw...if i travel to a 1x only area do i have to change anything to connect to 1x or will the same connection work?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quick questions
    I did the hack and then installed the sprint connection manager to get the usb modem drivers installed. i set up a DUN in windows and use the #777 for the number with NO username / password and it works fine this way.

Can i use the connection software to connect instead since the hack is supposed to block the 700p from telling sprint its tethered. Or does the connection manager software also transmit to sprint that its running?
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Guys,

Was wondering what is the best 'tweak' setting for tether mode..

It thinks the Treo is a Conex type modem.
    Is there hardware flow control ?
    Hardware compression? What would be the best modem to use the Treo700p as?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I finally got my mac bookpro + 700p sprint to connect with DUN, however, I can't access any websites or anything with the connection. The status does show that its linked though. I just did the sprint MR update to 1.10 this morning as well. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Do I need to install the hack if I have USB Modem installed on the Tereo 700P?
    can i tether using the usb sync cable that came with the phone or is there another cable i need to buy?

Thanks!