Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    Thanks for the work on this. If it works this is great.

However, I would like to add that people should use this with moderation. If you plan on heavy usage of PAM services, then pony up and pay the 15 bucks. For the person that just occasionally uses their phone as a modem, this is a great tool.

If sprint and verizon get burned on this, years to come it will be even more difficult to hack and or utilize. I love great devices and I love being able to use all the features that are available. I just don't want to promote cripiling devices in the future so that we can leech a few bucks today.
    I agree completely! I rarely use this so I can't see paying the $15 per month just in case I need it someday. But it's a great backup for the occasional semi emergency need to be online ;-)
    With some hesitation, I tested this on verizon, over bluetooth, and it works great.

Thanks!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    With some hesitation, I tested this on verizon, over bluetooth, and it works great.

Thanks!
    Did you need to try connecting twice?
    That's the reason I didn't want to sign up for PAM. I don't use it enough. I'd have no problem is Sprint took it from my minutes. This sux that we can't use BT DUN the way it was intended to work.
    Jimmie Geddes
    how are you guys connecting with windows? I can use bootcamp to boot into windows and try it out.
    Jimmie Geddes
    oops my bad. The Palm disc
    Jimmie Geddes
    brb
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    Thanks for the work on this. If it works this is great.

However, I would like to add that people should use this with moderation. If you plan on heavy usage of PAM services, then pony up and pay the 15 bucks. For the person that just occasionally uses their phone as a modem, this is a great tool.

If sprint and verizon get burned on this, years to come it will be even more difficult to hack and or utilize. I love great devices and I love being able to use all the features that are available. I just don't want to promote cripiling devices in the future so that we can leech a few bucks today.

last i heard PAM is gonna be an additional 50
    Are you Windows people using the Sprint tool from the palm disc?
    Jimmie Geddes
    What worked for me is copying the downloaded file to an SD card and using resco explorer. From resco explorer I selected the file and hit "install to RAM". Soft reset and presto.
    I got my 700p today (finally) and I just got it Power Visioned. So as soon as I get home, I'll definitely try out this hack! Thanks, mmastrac!!
    Merlyn how do you connect bt or from the sprint app on the palm disc?
    If bt how do you do it in windows? I am a Mac guy, but have bootcamp on my imac.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm nervous to use the sprint application.
    Jimmie Geddes
    No sprint app, you only need that for the usb driver, you can use windows' dial up networking.
    how do you do windows' dial up networking? I just setup my treo with windows, it sees it via bt. Not sure how to setup dun
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    how do you do windows' dial up networking? I just setup my treo with windows, it sees it via bt. Not sure how to setup dun
    With windows, I'm fortunate enough to have a thinkpad that uses the WIDCOMM stack. What I do is browse to it in "my bluetooth places" and doubleclick dial up networking. The other thing you can do is do windows dial up networking and make sure to use the 'bluetooth modem" and dial #777, no user or password.
    Things on a Mac are so much easier I learned how to send files via bt in windows so this wasn't all bad.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    The other thing you can do is do windows dial up networking and make sure to use the 'bluetooth modem" and dial #777, no user or password.
    tried this on verizon and it gives me a bad user name and or password, any ideas?
    nevermind, I tried the bt install first then went to using an sd card and it worked
    im getting "the remote computer did not respond" error
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast