Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    New to a 700p. Tried to find out how in this thread but a lot of pages to read. I am using a Treo 700p on Verizon. Unlimited data. Was on a 650 (Verizon). Can't seem to get bluetooth DUN to work on my 700p (did work just fine on 650). Instructions I have read talk Sprint. I installed the patch (didn't do anything special to it other than install from card via Resco Explorer). Does not seem to make a difference. Is the hack mentioned on first page for Sprint devices only? What else do I need to do special for Verizon?

PM are welcome.

Thanks.
    I have a Mac Powerbook, and learned that Verizon's Broadband Connect plan does not work with a Mac and my 700p. Anyone know if I can do it using Virtual PC and Windows 2000?

I'm not really up to any creative "hacks" as many of the accomplished users on this forum, bluetooth performance sucks, and would gladly take the extra few minutes hook up the cable and fire-up Virtual PC when on the road. Thanks for any advice!
    Try USB Modem. If you have the Verizon plan the bluetooth connection works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo View Post
    Try USB Modem. If you have the Verizon plan the bluetooth connection works fine.
    Thanks! Verizon guy said that it doesn't work with a Mac, but then, they don't have a great credibility rating do they? Have you tried it on a Mac yourself?
    Yes. I had the plan and was able to use Bluetooth. With USB modem you can use the USB cable. And yes, Verizon CR have no knowledge of anything, especially related to Macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo View Post
    Yes. I had the plan and was able to use Bluetooth. With USB modem you can use the USB cable. And yes, Verizon CR have no knowledge of anything, especially related to Macs.
    Thanks Scotty! Worked like a charm, and I don't have to worry about that additional data plan either. My usage is relatively low, however, and won't keep Verizon from paying thier light bills.
    I use Linux and I have Moto Q with Sprint and power vision, but do not want to pay for PAM. I am wondering how, without purchasing PDAnet, to tether via USB or bluetooth with my computer. There is already an option to turn the modem on in moto Q, however, I believe that's for if you have PAM. PDAnet fakes all that and doesn't technically let it think you are using it as a modem.

How to do all this without PDANet in linux?
    Tried the hack and was unsuccessful. It seemed to load the modem on COM 9 whereas my Palm desktop was using COM 7 so I've tried to restore to a previous known state in Windows XP.

1. One thing that may be causing the problem is I realized I still had the SMASUNG-USB drivers installed from when I used the Samsung I330 before upgrading to the 700P. Do you think this may have caused the problem?

2. Also, shouldn't I see the COM 7 or COM 9 or whatever in the Control Panel under Ports?

3. Finally, I'm still unsure if I've installed the files correctly. Are the two files below what I should be seing installed on the 700P?

PhoneInterfaceLibrary_enUS
    PhoneInterfaceLibrary
    I'm using the tether hack with my 700p. Using a USB cable, I get about 400kbps according to DSLreports.com speed tests, and only about 90kbps using bluetooth. So if speed is a concern, don't bother with bluetooth.
    I get kicked off after about every 5 minutes or so. Is there a fix to this? I am using the 700p & Mac powerbook...Also #2 I am connecting via bluetooth, which cable do I need if I want to connect via USB?

thanks in advance
    Go to options/prefs in network prefs -> PPP options and turn off PPP echo.

Use your sync cable as the USB cable.
    OK, so what is the longest connection time you guys are able to get? I can only stay connected for 5 mins.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    hours. I have been on for several hours at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by krid80 View Post
    hours. I have been on for several hours at a time.
    +1 to that..

Currently I have been using it for hours on end streaming my slingbox to my computer since sling is not out for palm OS yet. So full 340kbps streaming for hours on end no problem and the hack still works...
    Install Sprint Connection Manager (from the Palm Installation Disk)
    Install the PhoneInterfaceLibrary hack
    Connect Treo to Laptop with USB Hotsync cable
    Click GO on Connection Manager, it will not work the first time !!
    Click GO again...

Dont use over 10 gigs per month.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post

This may sound like a dumb question. But, how do you know how many gig you've used??
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question. But, how do you know how many gig you've used??
    10 gigs is a lot. I probably use 2 gigs a week but I use it to sling on my computer. Basically 1 gig is about equal to streaming 35-45 hours of xm radio to your phone, or about 8-10 hours of streaming sling on your computer. Basically 1024 mb = 1 gig and we are streaming at 400kbps. 1 mb= 1024kb.

But you can go to ##786# then reset the life data timer.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Does this work with Vista? In other words, if I start using a Vista machine (laptop) do I lose this "feature?"
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    Install Sprint Connection Manager (from the Palm Installation Disk)
    Install the PhoneInterfaceLibrary hack
    Connect Treo to Laptop with USB Hotsync cable
    Click GO on Connection Manager, it will not work the first time !!
    Click GO again...

And sprint can't track this? So I wont see any suprise on my bill by doing it this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE View Post
    Just becareful because Sprint can still see data activity on your account. If you download a lot, you may risk having Internet access disabled by Sprint...

Thats the worst - can't believe carriers are still trying to interveine on data access by the consumer - haven't they learned anything from Verizon -

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!