Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Other than not paying money to http://www.junefabrics.com, is there any reason to use this over PDAnet. (I already bought PDAnet.)

thanks.
    Good question. This thread is getting big and I'm not too sure how to find the answer.

From what I understand, the hack enables you to dial into vision without it looking like a "data call". Therefor you aren't charged for usage.

Would Sprint charge per usage for PDAnet?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Can someone pm it to me please will it work for sprint phone?
  3.    #543  
    The file is now being hosted on Trevor Harmon's Mac HOWTO page. Please find it here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac View Post
    The file is now being hosted on Trevor Harmon's Mac HOWTO page. Please find it here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    I just looked and didn't find the download. The "hack" link (at link below) under the 700P goes to a broken page at treocentral.

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/#install_hack
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    I just looked and didn't find the download. The "hack" link (at link below) under the 700P goes to a broken page at treocentral.
    mmastrac jumped the gun.

The link is ready now.
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
    mmastrac jumped the gun.

The link is ready now.
    Thanks - got it. p.s. Is that file just for Bluetooth DUN or do I need it for synch cable DUN capability (or both)?
    The hack is working flawlessly here with WinXP with USB, no BT tests until my dongle arrives. I'll be trying it with Linux (Ubuntu Edgy Eft) this weekend.

Thanks to all for this thread!
    One last (dumb) question. I don't have an sd card at the moment. Can I download straight to the phone and then copy to RAM?

If I have any problems in the future from some other program and have to to do a hard or soft reset would I have to reinstall the hack again?
    am I missing something? I still kind find it with the link
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    am I missing something? I still kind find it with the link
    Maybe you are looking at an old version of the Shadowmite web page? Try refreshing your browser.
    Thanks, got it.

Is Sprint Connection manager only 'technically used' for the usb driver?

If you connect strictly through bluetooth, do you need to install Sprint conneciton manager?

Thanks.
    You guys are definitly hitting a soft spot if they're sending threat mail. Would someone please send me the tethering patch for a Treo 700p (sprint).
    Thanks
    Am I screwed?

Here's what happened (Sprint 700P):

I copied the PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc file and installed to the phone (don't have an SD card).
    I then realized I didn't rename it to "PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc" as outlined a few pages back.
    So, I renamed it and copied to the phone again.

In ROM were two files named:

PhoneInterfaceLibrary_enUS with an ovly descriptor
    PhoneInterfaceLibrary with a libr descriptor

I copied those both to RAM

I setup the DUN connection in XP on laptop and it references COM 9 and the device manager Palm Modem shows COM 9 but my control panel only PORTS only shows COM 1.

I get a error 633 )Modem already in use) when trying to connect .

I've tried rebooting and soft reset on 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Am I screwed?
    I then realized I didn't rename it to "PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc" as outlined a few pages back.So, I renamed it and copied to the phone again.

In ROM were two files named:

PhoneInterfaceLibrary_enUS with an ovly descriptor
    PhoneInterfaceLibrary with a libr descriptor

I copied those both to RAM

I setup the DUN connection in XP on laptop and it references COM 9 and the device manager Palm Modem shows COM 9 but my control panel only PORTS only shows COM 1.

I get a error 633 )Modem already in use) when trying to connect .

I've tried rebooting and soft reset on 700P.
    Hmm. I didn't rename anything, nor did I copy anything from ROM to RAM. I think you can email the file to yourself, BTW, in lieu of a SD card.

I followed this procedure:

Installing Hack

1) Download the hack.
    2) Download & install Resco Explorer
    3) Put the hack onto a SD card using a card reader. There are different ways of managing this step, but I used a SD card to help me keep track of where the file is when I'm in Resco.
    4) Fire up Resco
    5) Navigate to the card and the file
    6) Pull-down menu to "Copy to..."
    7) Move it to the RAM
    8) Perform a soft reset by hitting the button behind the battery cover

Setting up tethering

USB

1) Download and install Sprint BC www.sprint.com/downloads
    2) Restart computer
    3) Create New Dial-Up Networking connection
    3a) Set up connection manually
    3b) Use "Palm Modem" as your modem
    3c) Leave username/password blank
    3d) Dial #777
    4) Hit connect.

I haven't had any success using Linux except by using USBmodem. Something that program does triggers Linux to create a /dev/ttyACM0 node that otherwise isn't created when the Treo 700p is connected via USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Other than not paying money to http://www.junefabrics.com, is there any reason to use this over PDAnet. (I already bought PDAnet.)

thanks.
    After reading some of the stuff in this thread, I'm wondering why people don't just go over and purchase junefabrics... if palm is sending letters, I wonder if they will patch this hack sooner or later?

At least with june, you have a company that has worked with palm in the past so they are a "legit" company.

Not that I don't love shadowmite!!!! Much props for all the hard work over the years...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    Thanks, got it.

Is Sprint Connection manager only 'technically used' for the usb driver?

If you connect strictly through bluetooth, do you need to install Sprint conneciton manager?

Thanks.
    YES, SCM is installed for USB driver. You can then manually setup BT DUN connection.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    After reading some of the stuff in this thread, I'm wondering why people don't just go over and purchase junefabrics... if palm is sending letters, I wonder if they will patch this hack sooner or later?

At least with june, you have a company that has worked with palm in the past so they are a "legit" company.

Not that I don't love shadowmite!!!! Much props for all the hard work over the years...
    One of the reasons I refuse to buy PDANet is that I would never use it. My laptop is work issued and I can't install the software on it, and my Nokia N800 runs linux and thus I'm faced with the same issue. With this (I think) I could at least use my Nokia N800.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    One of the reasons I refuse to buy PDANet is that I would never use it. My laptop is work issued and I can't install the software on it, and my Nokia N800 runs linux and thus I'm faced with the same issue. With this (I think) I could at least use my Nokia N800.
    sounds like your job should be paying for DUN by legit means... or do you mean you will use your work laptop for personal matters? If you will use for personal matters, I don't think a pdanet connection would be the most of your worries if they took the laptop back... and checked it.

I doubt if they have locked it down... when I worked in the computer services dept that cause more issues than leaving the computer open.

I still don't understand your issue.....

At any rate, I was wondering why some people did not simply purchase the june fabrics solution since it was easy... it is obvious some do not have enough technical knowledge to make it work properly. Not a dis... I'm one of those people... last phone hack I tried my phone fried (e815). I was lucky and got a new phone.... I don't hack crap now.... things can go wrong.

I later found out a couple of us had issues with the hack I tried... seems verizon updated the firmware and something went wrong....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    What is BtManagerVerizon.prc and Sprint Connection manager ?
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I still don't understand your issue.....
    I have a work laptop and can't install software on it unless it gets vetted by the group that does that type of thing, and they only do it for company-wide applications. The point wasn't that I don't want june fabrics, just that someone may have a use for a "native" solution that didn't require additional software. It has nothing to do with websites visited as you imply.