Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    OK, I know everyone has used this, but I just found it and I am so excited I had to post my .02

I installed the hack on my 700p (Verizon) and linked with a Mac Powerbook G4. No username or password, #777 as the phone number. It linked up on the first try (1 soft reset after installing the hack). Browsing speeds seem to be reasonable on EV-DO.

I only wish I had found this before my trip last weekend!

Thanks mmastrac
    No, the VZW software is not required. I don't use it at all.
    I just got my Sprint 700p and I tried this connected through the USB cable following MikeP's instruction. Works great, great speeds. Wanted to thank mmastrac and MikeP!
    Anyone know where I might find the latest version of Palm Desktop? I can't install the Sprint PCS Connection manager using the Palm Desktop from Palm's site. I have pretty much lost my original cd that came with my 700p and now have a new laptop. Any help would be appreciated as this hack worked great before I got this new lappy.
    Thanks.
    So tethered mode uses USB not serial?
    I'm getting resets, perhaps related to also having a different overlay in memory to restore call duration in the phone log. Thry're pretty bad because I lose connection to my SD card, which usually doesn't happen for me.

Anyway, I can't delete it with FileZ. I know it takes resco explorer to install. Is that required for removal? I powered off the radio amd did a reset before trying.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    mine was working up to two days ago. now it won't get past "contacting ppp server". this is on my powerbook g4. it works fine with my wife's phone. I've even called sprint to verify that I still have power vision on my phone. any ideas?
    Supercool.

Random data point - the first time I tried to do this, I used Resco Explorer (latest version, as per the instructions) and copied the file to RAM. After that performed a soft reset. I kept getting "error 678 remote computer did not respond." I read through here for a while, saw other people getting the same error but no solution.

So what the heck, try it again - but this time I chose to move rather than copy the file. Soft reset, try again, bang it works!

I'm spoiled by my regular connections (business DSL at work and FIOS at home) but this will be very handy on my trip coming up this weekend and next week.

Much thanks!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    shazbot! (yes i used to play tribes). just missed it. on page one it looks like the original post had to be nuked out of legal concerns.

did anyone grab the first page? is it wrong to ask someone to send it to me in a PM?

thanks in advance!

edit: guess i will look for you guys on irc. havent been on in ages :P
    Last edited by ramasan; 01/17/2007 at 07:17 AM.
    Man! I had this working for 4 days, but for an unrelated problem, had to do a restore from BackupMan. Now it doesn't work anymore, and I can't find the hack file anywhere on my device or my computer. Anybody care to help a treo junkie out?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy View Post
    Man! I had this working for 4 days, but for an unrelated problem, had to do a restore from BackupMan. Now it doesn't work anymore, and I can't find the hack file anywhere on my device or my computer. Anybody care to help a treo junkie out?
    Never mind. I found the file (thanks to the GREATNESS of Resco Explorer!) buried away on the card.
    so where might i find this pesky littler bugger? it's been quite the process and still i've no luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac View Post
    Update:: Shadowmite got a nastygram from Palm (http://www.shadowmite.com/blog/index.php/?p=172) asking to take down all items derived from Palm-copyright files so I'm taking this down for now. No fair asking TC to head-to-head with Palm. Sorry, guys.
    Damn, that sucks!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    someone please PM me with the file :P
    same here if possible =)
    you can google it
    Other than not paying money to http://www.junefabrics.com, is there any reason to use this over PDAnet. (I already bought PDAnet.)

thanks.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    you can google it
    Tried that and the only hits I got pointed to this thread!!!
    I hate to hop on this bandwagon too...and beg...but if someone would be kind enough, I'd like to get my hands on the file as well. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    I hate to hop on this bandwagon too...and beg...but if someone would be kind enough, I'd like to get my hands on the file as well. Thanks in advance.
    I have the BtManagerVerizon.prc file, but I'm not sure if that's the one I need -- it's from Wayback, way back about 6 months ago!