Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    I am getting an error. 0x7301.
    When you change your password it asks you if you want to create a new profile. If you do, then you will get an error using that profile. I just figured that out. I tried changing my password again while editing the original profile and it works. I'm using the treo for my internet now. Pretty cool.
    It doesn't seem to load when the treo is off :/
    Nevermind.

"Auto-off: 30min"

for the win
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer View Post
    What do the download / upload speeds look like in an EVDO area?
    I just checked it:
    Mobile speed test

149 kbit/sec

0.718s latency
    55.348s d/l time.again.

That is just a simple test.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    It is still not clear if you have to pay on a per KB basis if you use the Treo as a modem. I have a T700p, USBModem, connected to a Powerbook via USB cable and a PowerVision Plan for data (not a PAM plan). I am in a place without WiFi access and no land line. If I use my Treo as a modem, will Sprint charge me extra. (I know that as of Oct Sprint said they would but it's not clear in the thread whether anyone has actually been charged.) Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    I know that as of Oct Sprint said they would but it's not clear in the thread whether anyone has actually been charged.
    No charges from Sprint while using tethered mode hack.
    For VZW people.. here is my experience...

Bought a Kesington Bluetooth dongle last night. Installed the file located on the first page. Once the dongle was installed and working, I opened up the 700p and added the laptop as a trusted device. Once that was complete and the two paired, I had 3 options one of wich was dialup dun.

I put #777 into the spot for dialing a number... hit enter and voila. 20 seconds later I was surfing the net.

I do have unlimited data, so I have no idea if I'll be charged or not... but I'll be watching the bill.
    Anyone know if this still works or is there another site that is devoted to this hack. Just got a 700P and stumbled across this hack and it looks sweet.
    Yes it does.
    i downloaded the hack copied it to my palm using rosco explorer, set up bluetooth o my computer enabled dun, made a new connection using the bluetooth modem, #777 as the number to dial and no user nae and passwoed and clicked connect but i recieved an error messgae #678 unable to rind the remote computer. i then tried to download sprint connection manager and use it that way but again got the same message #678 the remote computer did not respond. im not sure what i did wrong but any help would be greatly appreciated right now
    If at first you dont succeed skydiving is not for you
    Is it safe to say we are not being changed or tracked because we are using #777 and not our sprint username and password. Just curious how we know when we are getting charged, or if we are??
    Bluetooth dun was working fine for me, then all of a sudden it stopped working. The only thing I can figure is that I had just installed the new DataVis Docs to go update v 9... anyone else have this problem?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm87 View Post
    Is it safe to say we are not being changed or tracked because we are using #777 and not our sprint username and password. Just curious how we know when we are getting charged, or if we are??

Sprint sees it as data. They can not tell the difference between tethered data and data downloaded directly to the phone. When I download an audible book over audible-air it is often 200mb a crack. That is more data than I download in an hour of tethered mode surfing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Just want to confirm that this hack worked well. I thought I’d post my steps, which are basically the same as post #195.

My Steps for connecting via Windows XP and USB (using USB cabled included with 700p):
    1. Installed Resco Explorer (nice app btw--I'll probably buy it, but using 14-day eval currently)
    2. Downloaded “Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables” from http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/su...alId=downloads
    3. Installed Connection Manager – Make sure to check install of 700p drivers
    4. Reboot
    5. Download hack from first post. Name was “PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc”. Rename it to “PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc”
    6. Copied to SD card
    7. Fire up Resco
    8. Navigate to the SD card and the file
    9. Pull-down menu to "Copy to..."
    10. Move it to the RAM
    11. Perform a soft reset by hitting the button behind the battery cover

Setting up tethering
    12. On the PC, create a new Dial-Up Networking connection from Network Connections Control Panel Applet. Choose the following in the wizard:
    a. Connect to the Internet
    b. Set up connection manually
    c. Use Dialup modem
    d. Use "Palm Modem (Com9)” as your modem
    e. Dial #777
    f. Leave username/password blank
    g. Finish and check box to create a desktop shortcut

13. Hit Dial on the new profile. Result: authenticated and “Connected at 2.4 Mbps”

Quick speed test at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ with IE 6 yielded 264 kbps d/l and 105 kbps u/l.

Not terribly quick, but good enough. I’ll say this--it’s a noticeable improvement over 1xRTT on my Treo 600 using PDANet. Also, FYI, VPN to my workplace works fine.

Big thanks to mmastrac, as well as the testers & posters.
    Last edited by MikeP; 01/02/2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: MP edit: Edited web link for Connection Manager
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    2. Downloaded “Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables” from http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/su...oads/items.jsp
    3. Installed Connection Manager – Make sure to check install of 700p drivers

Can't seem to get the above link to work.

Do you have another way to get to or download this app.?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    ^ Yeah, you're right. Not sure what happened there. I just edited the post with a new link. Try that. When you get to the Sprint Webpage, use the pull-down menu to choose Windows XP software. You should then see the link for "Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables" download.

Mike
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Worked great, thanks!

P.S. Is there an advantage in using this download verses the same/similar app. that is included on the Treo 700P install disk?
    Last edited by Rob_T; 01/02/2007 at 05:53 PM.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    used to work fine for me via bluetooth, and all of a sudden stopped.
    the snag occurs at "registering your computer on the network" then gives me an error #720... any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    P.S. Is there an advantage in using this download verses the same/similar app. that is included on the Treo 700P install disk?
    None that I know of. I just didn't have the CD handy, so I used the download version.