Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Bumping this...so given the error about "not having latest version of desktop," am I unable to use this on a Win2k machine? I will actually have potential need for this week after next when traveling to the beach....

we're u able to resolve the error message..im getting the same error message when installing VZ access manager..

was there any workaround...
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So I finally tried this hack and I gotta say I am amazed. Installed the hack ota with Resco (trialed and Dl'd ota also). Got to my PC and installed VZW ACCESS Manager from the VZW CD and connected using the Broadband access feature of the software. I have been surfing online for an hour now and just checking things out to see if it works. YES IT DOES!!!! I haven't run any speed tests, but I am truly happy with the hack as intended as a back up for when I have no other way to connect to the internet.

This was very easy to install and create a connection using the correct software and following the directions as explained throughout the thread. Thanks so much, where is my paypal login??????????
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I installed this hack a few weeks ago. It works great. I even have my T|X accessing the internet via my TREO using the Bluetooth. My question is has anyone noticed a spike in minutes used after installing the hack? My usage has increased a lot. Of course it could be my 17 year old daughter using all of the minutes in our plan!
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    glad to see this is still working out. hopefully noone has gotten charged with anything for usin it. i imagine someone woulda freaked out and posted it if that was the case. anyway, i used it last night and it worked like a charm. got on did what I had to do and disconnected.

question...if my phone resets or if I have to restart my computer for anyreason (even if i have to disconnect the internet for any reason), should I install the hack again on my phone? i was unsure if me disconnecting or my computer/phone restarting would mess with the hack.

thanks a lot for your service
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    ^only if you hard reset.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ^Thanks.

I read through a lot of this thread but I am still a little unsure about what I can and cant with this hack. Am I not supposed to download anything when using this? Or is there a limit to the file size I can download? Im not trying to set off any red flags over on Sprints end.

thanks for the help
    Visit me at myspace:
    Somebody should go back through this entire thread and make a list of the all the little people who said with certainty that we would be charged for using this hack. Those are the same people who really decrease the value of the information of this forum.

Moral implications aside, data just looks like data to the carrier. They can not see the difference between tethered data and data downloaded directly to the phone.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I've been using the tethered hack since I got my 700p Junish and it's been working flawlessly. I haven't notice any increase in my minutes, and neither has Sprint
    Jimmie Geddes
    cool thanks for sharing that. did you make lots of downloads during that time or were u just surfing the net? hey appreciate the help
    Visit me at myspace:
    I've tried installing the hack via Resco into RAM, but after I perform a soft reset and try to run BT manager, I get the message "The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information." I have a Verizon Treo 700p. Any help would be appreciated.
    WTF!!!! NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed this patch/hack PERFECTLY as instructed. I have (had) the newest version of Resco Explorer, and very familiar with that program and the Treo 700p in general. I put the .prc on my SD card, and within Explorer I highlighted and chose "Install to RAM". That was successful, and then I did the soft reset.

Except it sent my phone into ETERNAL LOOP RESET!

I tried all soft and warm reset techniques for an hour, and nothing was working.
    So I had to resort to a HARD reset to get my phone to work again.

Now I've lost everything

What could have gone so wrong ????????

EDIT: Phew! HotSync saved my **** this time, I think it restored most everything. But still...what could have caused this to go so wrong?
    Last edited by holidayidol; 12/01/2006 at 04:39 PM.
    ARe users successfully using this hack with their sprint 700p's?
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Yes, a number of us have posted success with this hack on the 700p. in fact, I think the 700p is what instigated it due to the EVDO.
    I was using this hack no problem and then yesterday I started getting the 678 error.
    I remembered that I had did a hard reset of my phone a few weeks back so I thought maybe I should reinstall the hack.
    Well after not being able to get the internet to work via my laptop (worked on my phone with blazer fine) for a few days always getting the 678 error I reloaded the hack and now it works fine.

I guess I didnt realize that the laptop tether will not work at all without the hack.

Is this the case? I always thought the hack just hid the use, but i guess it actually enables it as well.

So I guess the question is what happens if you purchase tethered mode from sprint? How does this hack allow us to use it when normally not able to?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    ARe users successfully using this hack with their sprint 700p's?
    yes!!
    Visit me at myspace:
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    I was using this hack no problem and then yesterday I started getting the 678 error.
    I remembered that I had did a hard reset of my phone a few weeks back so I thought maybe I should reinstall the hack.
    Well after not being able to get the internet to work via my laptop (worked on my phone with blazer fine) for a few days always getting the 678 error I reloaded the hack and now it works fine.

I guess I didnt realize that the laptop tether will not work at all without the hack.

Is this the case? I always thought the hack just hid the use, but i guess it actually enables it as well.

So I guess the question is what happens if you purchase tethered mode from sprint? How does this hack allow us to use it when normally not able to?
    good question. I second that
    Visit me at myspace:
    Does this hack work with the Verizon-provided Treo 700p?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boi1der View Post
    Does this hack work with the Verizon-provided Treo 700p?
    Yes it works great. install the hack, install the software from vzw on your desktop (see my previous post) and ouila~ you are surfing on the net.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    The CigarMan,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've tried installing the hack via Resco into RAM, but after I perform a soft reset and try to run BT manager, I get the message "The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information." Do I have to install the VZW software and run it before I will be able to see the DUN info on the phone? Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ^Boi1der,
    You will need to install the VZ Software before running the dun info on the phone. That is the only way my desktop would see it using it as a usb modem. I know that the VZW software will also tether using BT, but I have no experience with it. Maybe Santa will come through with a BT Dongle for me. Good luck and PM me with further questions if needed.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p