Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Outstanding!

Everything works great. I'm surfing with BT right now. 115kbps.
    when I tried to copy the hack from sd card to ram while using resco exp, I get a message "no memory." what could be the problem? I did try the soft reset as well.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    I hate to be Capt. Obvious but did you check how much memory you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I hate to be Capt. Obvious but did you check how much memory you have?
    there's still plenty of memory left
    GO BEARS!!!
    I had tethered BT DUN Sprint Mac connection for months and my phone was stolen on Saturday and the new one came yesterday and could not get it to work on the new one.
    Even tried a new user in case the hack was corrupt from the old back up. Had to stop trying after about 10 hours. I use BT DUN every Tuesday at breakfast. I am going to have to use the USB Modem (it sucks) program but really like the ease of the BT hack.
    Just want to provide (yet another) confirmation that the hack works. My configuration:

Sprint Treo 700p
    MacBook Pro
    Mac OS X 10.4.8
    Connecting over Bluetooth (not USB cable)
    Subscribed to Sprint PCS Power Vision ($15/month)
    NOT subscribed to phone-as-modem ("PAM")

I tried many times to get Bluetooth DUN to work in the above configuration, but nothing seemed to work. Then, I installed mmastrac's hack, and I got online instantly, no problems.
    What is the advantage of this over hack versus using a program like PdaNet? Simply that this is free?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc View Post
    What is the advantage of this over hack versus using a program like PdaNet? Simply that this is free?
    PdaNet costs money and only works on Windows.
    I just tried DUN with following set up and succeeded going online.

MacBook Pro 15" + OS 10.4.8
    Treo 700p on Sprint + mmastrac's hack installed
    Retention $10 Power Vision
    No PAM plan

After reloading a web page on my mac to see if it's working, I immediately disconnected because I was afraid of being charged for PAM usage.

I went to see my current usage via Blazer on treo and saw "Casual Use PCS Wireless Web Minutes"
    It says I have 0 minutes remaining (of course) and have 1 MINUTE exceeded.

I guess they really can track the PAM usage now.

Can anyone confirm this??
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
    PdaNet costs money and only works on Windows.
    Costs money, yes...windows only, no. http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/ And they say it has some pretty cool stuff. v4.02 for 700p includes EVDO speed optimization and Proxy Mode. But the price went up to $34.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    OK, I feel like an *****, what is a PAM? and would the new PdaNet Proxy Mode fix the issue?

Once you install PdaNet, you will notice a Proxy Mode in addition to the classic Dialup Mode (also called Phone-As-Modem mode that we have had in previous versions of PdaNet). The way Proxy Mode works is that it routes network traffic of selected applications on your computer/laptop to the smartphone and uses a network application on the smartphone to send and receive data.

To use Proxy Mode, add network applications to the "PdaNet Proxy Launcher" and launch it from there once PdaNet is connected.

Both connection modes support EVDO. Although we are still trying to improve performance of the Proxy Mode, we do expect it to be a bit slower than the Dialup Mode (but very close). This is because all network traffic goes through the TCP/IP stack on the smartphone device which has a much slower CPU than the PC. The current version of Proxy mode also cannot support UDP or incoming connections. These will be supported later.

The million dollar question is: "Why do we need Proxy Mode if Dialup Mode is working perfectly well; or even better?" Well, when you use your Treo device for Phone-As-Modem on your laptop, your carrier might require you to pay for an additional Phone-As-Modem plan on top of the usual data plan. PdaNet works without this extra data plan but, you never know. There is always a concern that your carrier might not be happy and make changes. On the other hand, with Proxy Mode, PdaNet basically acts as a regular network application on the device and does not use your device for Phone-As-Modem. As long as you have network access on your smartphone, Proxy Mode will always work.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post
    I just tried DUN with following set up and succeeded going online.

MacBook Pro 15" + OS 10.4.8
    Treo 700p on Sprint + mmastrac's hack installed
    Retention $10 Power Vision
    No PAM plan

After reloading a web page on my mac to see if it's working, I immediately disconnected because I was afraid of being charged for PAM usage.

I went to see my current usage via Blazer on treo and saw "Casual Use PCS Wireless Web Minutes"
    It says I have 0 minutes remaining (of course) and have 1 MINUTE exceeded.

I guess they really can track the PAM usage now.

Can anyone confirm this??

Wireless web minutes is a term for the data access before vision existed. If you tried to say, get on the web via blazer before your plan got vision added that would come up. If it's in error, call them on it and get it removed. This patch alters the way the phone connects such that they can not tell it's tethered (without advanced data analysis). Rest assured, I use this tethering connection quite often (for small amounts of data) and have never been charged for it.
    I found the problem- I wasn't using the latest resco explorer. After reinstalling the 2.72 version, it works now!
    GO BEARS!!!
    Ok i tried the hack for now it works (usb connection)

Ran test with speakeasy-speed test

Using the manually setup using windows :

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 253 kbps (31.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 85 kbps (10.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Using Sprint Pcs connection manager:

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 127 kbps (15.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 103 kbps (12.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Can anybody give me advice on how to make speeds any faster, or does speed sometimes have to do in the area you live in.
    Hello! there,

I just install the hack in ram with Zlauncher and got the hack to work once only.

The first time it connect prefectly, after that it will not correct.

The first time it connect the treo did not alert me that there was bluetooth connection . but after that everytime I try to connect the Treo will alert me that a bluetooth connection is being made.

The Treo will said that it is connecting to the pc , and the PC will try to connect also, but after about 2minute the bluetooth program on my pc will say that can't correct.

Can anyone help with this problem?
    I had this working with no problems a couple months ago. I tried to day with mixed results. First I was getting error message 633: The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or not configured properly" when using DUN with USB cable. I saw others had this problem, but could not see a resolution.

I then tried to reinstall the hack. When I try to delete (ZLauncher) PhoneInterfaceLibrary (94k - RAm version). I get message "Database: database protected (Dm 021B)." With Filez, I get "Error: dm: Database Protected in item::remove()d". I tried turning off the "Resource DB" flag, saved, delete, same error. I tried installing overtop from SD card with ZLauncher (which is how I installed originally), I get the message that I will be overwriting PhoneInterfaceLibrary in RAM. I click OK, and get the database error message again.

I then tried using Sprint Connection Manager and it connected with no problems. Any insight to any of these problems? How do I remove hack if I so desire?
    anyone getting this error message "failed to load palm tether application, please make sure the latest version of palm desktop is installed. (error=50)"

have uninstalled and reinstalled the PDS..the version we have is 4.2 which is for the treo 700P..

even if we restart the PC the message pops up..

what fix can you recommend???
    im getting this message also "failed to load palm tether application, please make sure the latest version of palm desktop is installed. (error=50)"

i also did uninstalled and reinstalled the PDS of the PC and its still the same..i have 4.2 as the version of my PDS..

anyone that has developed a fix for this..i have encountered also someone getting the same error also trying to use treo as a modem...

my issue is using it for a carkit..
    skip pda net and buy usb modem. much better product, support and upgrade plan
    by the way, im using VZ access manager...the error comes up after installing the app..

is there any other way you all could recommend to remove this error message..