Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    this is awesome!!! Good work Mmastrac and Merlyn_3d...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Cant Wait To Try It, Thanks!!
    How would I "turn on" my modem? That is, once I've installed it, then what should I do?

Note: I haven't installed the library just yet, but wanted to know the full procedure so I know what to expect.
    now my treo says "error:cannot connect to internet becasue a dialup netwroksing seesion is active. End the dun session and try again"
    Jimmie Geddes
    Please forgive me my question, but how are you guys using the 700 as a modem? Did you first download and install the sprint business connection manager? usually I'm a step ahead on these things, but on this one I'm way behind.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    now my treo says "error:cannot connect to internet becasue a dialup netwroksing seesion is active. End the dun session and try again"
    Try running Blazer on the phone and get that working, then reconnect with your PC. There might be some quirks with this setup that we need to iron out.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    wow i love you, cant wait till i get my 700p now
    I did get into blazer. I see that my treo has the bt and latop icon where the bt icon is. I still get the message that there's already a dun session active.
    Jimmie Geddes
    My powerbook just crashed.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I did get into blazer. I see that my treo has the bt and latop icon where the bt icon is. I still get the message that there's already a dun session active.
    Did you reset your phone after installing to RAM?
    yes
    Jimmie Geddes
  12.    #32  
    We might need to have some more people with 700p phones experiment with this. I don't have one, so I need other people to try out the changes I make.

When Merlyn3D is around, he might be able to help too.
    Nice job but I'd think no one would know if it worked until the next billing cycle.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I can test it out on OS X
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm happy to test when I get back to the office tomorrow...but he's right...we won't know for sure until the billing cycle....maybe even a couple of them, are up.
    Do any of you remember how we showed our appreciation to matts hard voluntary work in the past?
    Just call me Berd.
    My powerbook also gets this error "a bluetooth serial failure has occurred. Failure to open an RFCOMM serial channel. Check if authentication needs to be enabled on your device."

It's weird. Sometimes I see the bt icon on the treo change to the dun icon.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 06/01/2006 at 06:00 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Something is strange. Can Sprint tell?? I got an error trying to connect to power vision while it was doing bt dun "data services unavailable" then "data Error 67 registration failure check username and password, if this problem persists contact Sprint."
    Jimmie Geddes
    I am in NNJ, I know my whole area is EV-DO. I never got this message before trying this,lol. I reset my Treo and was finally able to get back on power vision with my Treo.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks for the work on this. If it works this is great.

However, I would like to add that people should use this with moderation. If you plan on heavy usage of PAM services, then pony up and pay the 15 bucks. For the person that just occasionally uses their phone as a modem, this is a great tool.

If sprint and verizon get burned on this, years to come it will be even more difficult to hack and or utilize. I love great devices and I love being able to use all the features that are available. I just don't want to promote cripiling devices in the future so that we can leech a few bucks today.
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast