Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abstraxion
    I do, and that's the weird thing. But I've tried it again, and nothing is showing up on my plan... the only difference is that I'm not including my username or password in the login boxes on my Mac now.
    I've been using it with my username and password in the login boxes of my Mac and have connected for a few hours over the last two months. And as far as fees go, I have seen nothing on bill #1 and nothing on the online bill so far for bill #2.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    I've must have missed the 17 pages as there are only 9 pages up to now! I guess the moderators had deleted all of the 17 pages and now there are only 9 pages, but thanks for letting me know.
    The number of posts per page is a user-side preference, set in the User CP. So one person might see this thread with 17 pages and another will see it with 9.
    installed and working on first try. speeds are not impressive considering this is supposed to be EVDO (in the bay area not to mention).

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-07-08 20:14:38 EST:
    258 / 123
    Your download speed : 258 kbps or 32.3 KB/sec.
    That is 53.8% worse than an average user on spcsdns.net

Your upload speed : 123 kbps or 15.4 KB/sec.
    That is 51.8% better than an average user on spcsdns.net

(this is via BT DUN by the way)
    Last edited by chymo; 07/08/2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding bluetooth notation:
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    My question is this: according to the palmone website when you compare the Treo 700p to the 700w and the 650(p), the 650p and the treo 700p are running the same palm operating system. Why wouldn't the treo 650 PDANET software run on the 700p??? Has anyone who had a 650p with PDANET run it on their new 700p????
    They're not "the same" Operating Systems. You have to look at this like upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Yes there is still a start menu, but there are several enhancements and bug fixes under the hood that you may not see or realize.
    Using USB PAM:

speakeasy.net:
    Download Speed: 643 kbps (80.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 93 kbps (11.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

dslreports.com:
    338 / 124
    Your download speed : 338 kbps or 42.2 KB/sec.
    That is 38.4% worse than an average user on spcsdns.net

Your upload speed : 124 kbps or 15.5 KB/sec.
    That is 51.2% better than an average user on spcsdns.net

This is horrible for EVDO. The Japanese and Europeans have had way higher speeds than us since 2000. Why does the US wireless industry continue to greatly underperform that of the rest of the world?

If you take the speakeasy download speed, this is comperable to dsl. But it is still only operating at 31% of a true 3G network.
    Last edited by chymo; 07/09/2006 at 12:23 AM.
    Hmmm... so am I the only person who has ever gotten billed with at least one configuration of the tethering hack?

edit: 650 -> 700p is more like 2000 -> XP than 98 -> 2000 but the analogy still stands...
    Hmmm... so am I the only person who has ever gotten billed with at least one configuration of the tethering hack?
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has been billed... Were you using BT and USB? How much did you use it and what did they end up charging you?

edit: 650 -> 700p is more like 2000 -> XP than 98 -> 2000 but the analogy still stands...
    ah.. good point, agreed!
    I have gone through 2 billing cycles now and I still have my old PCS vision plan and have not been billed for power vision or my tethered hack which I have been using like crazy. The hack does what it is supposed to do. To sprint it just looks like data.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I think those who get billed don't have the hack installed or are using the Sprint Connection Manager along with hack. I think you must use a separate #777 dialer. Anyone confirm that you should not use Connection Manager?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Do you have a Power Vision plan on the phone? (Sorry, but judging from some of the replies here, it's a worthwhile question.)

This hack just doesn't let you use PAM for free...you still need to have a Power Vision data plan on the phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I think those who get billed don't have the hack installed or are using the Sprint Connection Manager along with hack. I think you must use a separate #777 dialer. Anyone confirm that you should not use Connection Manager?

I'm using Sprint Connection Manager along with the hack and have not been billed.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    To see if I understood al this (from the Mac/Sprint perspective without paying the outrageously expensive DUN plan):

Install DUN hack and copy to RAM: I sent it via bluetooth from my Mac, asked me if I wanted it in apps, I agreed, then asked if I wanted to replace, I said yes.

Soft reset Treo

Pair the device to the Mac

Go to System Preferences:Bluetooth:Settings and check everything
    as a note, the under services, the Treo shows DUN listed

Go to System Preferences:Bluetooth:Sharing: Leave only Bluetooth-PDA-Sync checked and as RS-232, not modem.

Go to System Preferences:Network:Bluetooth
    Under PPP tab: phone number #777, PPP options uncheck header compression
    (I also included my Sprint PCS user/passwd and no difference)
    Under Bluetooth Modem: Modem, Sprint PCS Vision;Enable error correction...
    uncheck wait for dial tone (I also had it checked and
    made no difference)
    Save changes and reboot machine, then connect from the Mac

I get the modem error message and some folks have eliminated them via reboots, soft resets, re-pair, etc.. I do see the little computer icon on top and the triangle indicator above the signal bars but the same error always comes back.

I also added a serial port under System Preferences:Bluetoothevices:Edit Serial ports since it automatically called it a DUN service and I can added to the network ports. I also gives me the same results (little computer, etc., etc.)

Am I missing something why this does not work? I also tried on a PC via USB with Sprint Connect but since I don't have the DUN plan, no joy.
    Where can I find the USB driver for a Verizon 700p on the Verizon CD?
    When I was trying to move the Tether hack into ROM, I didn't succefully do it until I bought and used Rescos' Explorer. Filez didn't seem to work. Others have had the same experience.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Where can I find the USB driver for a Verizon 700p on the Verizon CD?
    I believe that it is installed with the VZAccess Manager application. You don't need to actually use the application if you don't want to.
    I had this working but now I get a DNS error. It connects but I can't open a web page.

Anyone have thought on how to fix this?

What is the server and client IP address on Sprint? I notice that my PC is going to a different IP than it did when the hack worked.
    i'm so tired of the people posting dslreports.com results. can you people read some threads and do a little research before complaining??
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    im having huge problems
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there any way to do this without an SD card? I just got my 700p and cant get an SD card until I get home. I have an 8 hour trainride tomorrow, would love to have this workin!! Thanks